Be The Change: My Truly Love

fazreen
Today, it’s Mother’s Day. The day where mothers of the world get recognized for all they do for their children. Mother’s Day is one of my favorite holidays.

She has helped me become an adult. Ever since I started college, I've felt lost and scared. But my mom was always there for support. I always go all out for my mom on Mother’s Day. Chocolates, flowers, perfume, everything my mom loved, she got. I actually spoiled her more on Mother’s Day than her birthday. I feel like her birthday is just recognizing her age, where Mother’s Day recognizes everything she does for me. Anywhere from helping me choose a college, to helping me decide which dress looked better on me, she’s always been there for me.

I've been buying her presents for her throughout this whole past week. I first bought her favorite perfume, orange scented. My mom loves her orange perfume. Then I bought her flowers, she absolutely adores daisies. I got her a bouquet with a mix of brightly colored ones. I also baked her cake last night, red velvet, her favorite. She always tells me she’s trying to cut down on sweets, but I think one cheat day for her favorite cake on her special day won’t hurt.

As we leave the nest, happily thinking we’re flying on to better things, we cling on to anyone who is remotely kind, realizing that the love of a mother is rare and wonderful. There are not many people out there willing to take you in, flaws and all, and love you with no qualms. There is nothing out there that is going to provide that unconditional, non-judgmental type of love.

Throughout failed relationships, romantic and platonic, I’ve come to realize that people are not easily reliable in this world. Friends come and go, no matter how strong the bond may be. Men most certainly don’t love you the way they say they do and no one can actually keep a secret. While friendships are wonderful and necessary, the only stable and consistent love you will ever have in this world is from your mother. She is the only one who will always be there in the middle of the night ready to answer your call. She’s the only one who actually cares to hear about every moment of your day.

I told them they were delusional, and that my relationship was different than those storybook fairytales. However, age brought wisdom and wisdom brought appreciation. That appreciation grew into respect, which blossomed into friendship. As the years passed and those strong friendships I thought would sustain some type of familial archetype began to disintegrate, I realized a pivotal truth in my life: My mother has always been and always will be my best friend.
She’s the first one you call with good news.
She’s the first one you call with bad news.
She’s the only person you can actually shop with.
I LOVE YOU MOM! YOU ARE MY TRULY LOVE!
Comment by christine92

interesting story. R U a writer?
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:49:07 PM