Looking Cool and College Rules

SavannahtheHuman
So I’ve been here at college for almost a week now. And it’s been great. I love my roommate, my room looks like a princess fairy garden, I live on the quietest floor in the building, life is just dandy. I have noticed some things about college life in general, though. And, being the remarkably kind person I am, I have decided to share them along with my personal insight.

1) College kids are perverts. Yup. It’s just that simple. My friend Hope learned this the hard way when she accidentally changed in front of an open window and was greeted by waves from passers-by below.

2) Girls have forgotten how to dress. It’s terribly sad. For those of you in the same boat, let me lay out the rules for you. Leggings do not, nor will they ever qualify as pants. No one wants to see your butt bouncing all the way to class, no matter what size or race you are. Also, your boobies need to stay under your shirt. They make for enormous distractions.

3) Food = friends. I baked cookies for my building the other day, and now I will meet up with a borderline stranger in the hallway who knows my name and thanks me for the taste of heaven that was my cookies. It’s kind of fantastic being treated like royalty.

4) Appear confident, even if you aren’t; you won’t get pegged as a freshman that way. It’s that simple. In fact, I’ve had to lead several freshmen around campus myself, even though I wasn’t sure where my own next class was. It’s just as I mentioned in my previous blog (which you can read here: http://goo.gl/uVDAL) – it’s all about looking the part. Another facet of this is the lanyard. I purposefully got rid of the lanyard they very day I received it. Like I said, you’ve got to look the part, and a lanyard isn’t part of it.

5) There’s no part of the face that can’t be pierced. Where there’s skin and rebellion, there can be a piercing. End of story.

6) You’re not the only one. In anything. And I mean just about anything. There’s always another kid who loves that band no one else has ever heard of or shares your obsession with breakfast food or wants to ask the professor a question that might be stupid. The limit to the number of wild characters and quirky oddballs does not exist.

7) Mistakes and bad decisions happen. They just do. And there’s little you can do prevent such things from happening except maybe wish really hard on your lucky stars. You stay up too late goofing off with some awesome kid, you lose a syllabus, you make an out-of-place remark, it just happens. And afterwards, life goes on.

So there you have it. Savannah’s college experience so far. My plans are definitely subject to change, but for now, the goal is as follows: learn a lot, dress right, try to avoid mistakes, and never ever get caught in a lanyard. Easy Peasy….I hope.
Comment by nellyfloyd

I just started college and I agree with you on everything! Well written!
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:28:46 PM
Comment by NateD

It's funny, regarding #4, a college I once visited had a billboard hanging on the wall of the upperclassmen's dorms with the heading "How to Spot a Freshman" and a bulleted list of telling signs. Two of which you mentioned - The flustered, insecure appearance, and wearing a lanyard.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:05:48 PM
Comment by kburns421

I love this list! You nailed it, especially with the looking confident part. Whenever I would get lost on campus, I would just keep walking like absolutely nothing was wrong until I figured out where I was.
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:47:44 AM
Comment by Girlboxer1970

Awesome post! Sharing on my blog. Loved it :-)
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:48:48 PM
Comment by Himanshu12

As for your information if you are the user of windows 10 operating system then here you will learn to use windows 10 alarm from our tutorial and do it step by steps to get the reminder for your work on time.
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:35:34 AM
Comment by kakbrus

Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!. Thank you for this wonderful Article! five nights at freddy's
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:50:41 AM