Six New Year Resolutions for 2012

BettyBoomer
I could write that I am going to try blogging on a weekly basis again. Perhaps if I realized that my blog entries don’t always have to be so long or profound or even very good, they will be easier to do. Okay, I’ve convinced myself. Weekly blog added to the list.

I could write that I want to start writing seriously again but my writing forte seems to be writing humorously instead. Hum, maybe I could sum this resolution up with a wonderfully wise cliché “Go with the Flow.” Add both to the list.

I could write that I’m going to get rid of all the clutter and dust bunnies in my house but whom I am kidding? Not anyone who knows me and you know what, they still like me anyway so this will not be on my list. Aw, on second thought, it is going on the list. Maybe if I have less clutter and dust bunnies, my creative thoughts needed for writing won’t have so many places to hide.

Okay, so I have now added 4 items to my 2012 New Year Resolutions. Top of the list is the one resolution I vow not to break because it seems to be working for me. Keep on doing what I’ve been doing! I’ve been going to my exercise class twice a week (except for the holiday weeks), I have been spending more time with dear friends, and I have been making new ones. The only way I could possibly improve that would be to exercise even more, and spend more time with both old and new friends. Another New Year Resolution and cliché to add to the list – forget moderation, go for the gusto.

Well, that’s done. My New Year resolutions for 2012. I think they are going to be doable except the one that was caused by a grammatical error. Did you catch it? No, not that one! This one: “more” and “exercise” do not go together. Not in my world but then anything is possible and who knows what 2012 will bring! So Happy New Year all and may 2012 bring you the very best of health and happiness!

Ahhhh, the resolutions! I like the simple resolutions, like what you have done. They seem a lot more doable and typically help to improve our being. Good thing is we still have 361 days to see them through! Good luck and the best to you in 2012 and we look forward to seeing more of that writing!
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 4:10:35 PM
Comment by dswiatek

First of all, I like the way you organized your entry. Secondly, I agree that writing on a regular basis is a sound resolution and that it does not always have to be profound. There's enough of that going on in the world. I look forward to reading more of your ideas. Dswiatek
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2012 9:29:11 AM

Baby Boomers (and older!) blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for "Empty Nesters" and those in (or near) retirement to share stories about the adventure of life in an online journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories from Baby Boomers (and older), or check out the writing contest for Baby Boomers, quotes about retirement, etiquette advice, videos about retirement, discounts for retirement, and other resources for those in the Empty Nest and Retirement stage of life.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your life experiences, and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.