Person to Watch in 2012: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Hayatii
Ahmedinejad was born in the village of Aradan to Ahmad
a blacksmith and Khanom a seyyede. In 1976 he took
Iran’s national university entrance contest and ranked 132nd out of 400,000 participants for that year. After the Islamic Revolution of 1979, Ahmadinejad became a member of the Office for strengthening Unity developed
to prevent students from allying with the budding Mojahedin-e Khalq. We began to see his interaction in politics when he became Mayor of Ardabil Province located north-west of the country. He was appointed in 1993 and left 4 years later in 1997 when he returned to teaching. Upon first entering his campaign for presidency in 2005 he was not very popular but strived to be the best while running.He had support from supreme leader and figurative head of the Muslim conservative in Iran, Ayatollah Khameini. His slogan for his campaign was "It's possible and we can do it" Ahmadinejad won 62 percent of the votes making him the president of Iran.
In 2011 during a UN conference Ahmedinejad tempestuously attacked the US along with major European nations calling them “arrogant powers” ruled by greed and eager for military adventurism. This caused American diplomats followed by diplomats from more than 30 countries including Somalia, Macedonia, and Australia. The very powerful comments that were states included blaming the U.S. as the power behind U.N security sanctions against Iran for its refusal to halt uranium enrichment which can be used for nuclear weapons. Ahmadinejad's speech pitted the poverty and unhappiness of most countries against the riches and power of the U.S. and unnamed European nations that he accused of perpetuating wars, causing the current global economic crisis and infringing on "the rights and sovereignty of nations." Later in the year more defiance towards USA occurs. Reports came in via Iranian media reporting that its forces have brought down an unmanned US spy plane. “Iran’s military has downed an intruding RQ-170 American drone in eastern Iran”. Iran's reports of the U.S. drone shot-down came amid the increasing tension between Iran and the West over its controversial nuclear program. From disputes within conferences to mockery of one’s country and most recently Iran-US dispute over oil strait worsening. I predict a war coming on which is why I believe the leader of Iran Ahmedinejad should be person to watch in 2012.
On the fourth week of January 2012 there has been news that the European Union went to war against Iran. There was no formal declaration, of course, nor even any undeclared use of military use. With headlines related to these coming about I predict more wars within Iran. America seems to be going at them also along with the Israelis. A new war is never good for the world especially during hard economic times for the USA and Euro zone. It would only bring currencies down and possibly result in a time similar to the dark ages, another great depression or worse.
Comment by Nur Sadrina

Great Essay! Ahmadinejad definitely worth to get nominated as 2012 person's watch as a politician. This man is truly inspiring. He may not be rich and fancy as the rest of the world leaders but he won the heart of his people. Not only his people but also caught attention worldwide. He has great personality that most of the world leaders may not have. He is humble, simple, religious , brave, honest and compassionate. It really touches my heart to know that he life in a very simple life while the rest are swallowed in luxury. And Hayatii, thanks for nominating him...., you got my ratings!!! :D
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:58:00 AM
Comment by Hayatii

Thank you very much luv I highly appreciate such nice compliments for you. Your comments about Ahmadinejad are quite interesting and I agree with you 100%.
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 9:38:14 PM