Choosing the right maternity bra

Penelope
If you're pregnant or recently had a baby, you've probably found out by now the importance of wearing the right sized bra during your maternity period.

But what is the right bra to wear during or after your pregnancy? With so many companies and choices, where do you start in finding the right fit?

As an Editor at Stage of Life, we did some looking around and ended up talking to our friends at Bare Necessities. They're the experts at maternity bras. They walked us through their product menu that gives moms-to-be and new mothers a variety of maternity bra choices.

Here's what Bare Necessities had to say (and check below this article for a coupon code on your next purchase too):

Finding the right Maternity Bra

As your shape is changing, it's more important than ever to wear a great-fitting bra to give you the additional support you need. Did you realize your breasts could grow up to three cup sizes larger throughout the rest of your pregnancy?! You need a whole new support system! Seriously, if you can prevent stretch marks and sagging, why wouldn't you?

Learn more about finding the perfect Maternity Bra by reading the Maternity Bra Sizing Help Guide.

Once you've found your perfect bra, take a look at the rest of your Maternity Necessities. Bare Necessities features the following maternity bras...

--Nursing Bras: You need a bra that is designed for fluctuations in weight and bra size(common among nursing mothers). Directly after giving birth, comes the critical time to begin wearing great-fitting, comfortable nursing bras which will offer the additional support you'll need during this special time.

A nursing bra is specifically designed for women who are nursing. Similar to maternity bras, it provides increased support but offers detachable clips on the top of each cup to allow easy access for breast-feeding. We can give you a whole new support system, whether you're seeking average, full figure nursing bras or hard-to-find plus size nursing bras. Playtex nursing bras are among our best selling styles.

--Maternity Bras: We selected these styles because we think they're fabulous maternity bra options.

--Maternity Underwear & Hosiery: Underwear & Hosiery Get all day comfort in these super soft styles with non-binding waistbands.

--Maternity Sleep & Loungewear: You're not only eating for two, you're also sleeping for two. These styles were made for comfort (and style)!

--Nursing/Maternity Camis and Tanks: Camis & Tanks Stylish and functional, these Tanks and Camisoles are fantastic.

--Before & After Must-Haves: From basics to stylish necessities, check out these before and after pregnancy styles.

To see all of the recommended bras for each of these categories above, check out Bare Necessities: Finding the right Maternity Bra

# # #

Editor's Note: At Stage of Life, we are always looking for great information that can help our readers live happier, healthier lives. As part of that mission, we frequently reach out to experts in certain areas.

This article was sourced and used with permission from Bare Necessities.

To help you save money on the best maternity bra, use the Stage of Life coupon code (SOL10OFF) to get 10% off your next order at Bare Necessities.

Don't forget to view the other great Stage of Life coupons and discounts on My Life Rewards.

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.