Waiting

jasoncaleb
As I now write this, my wife is hooked up to machines, she is all drugged up, and we are waiting for our baby to escape the womb. I have this feeling of being just another father, another husband, to go through this experience. I do have to say though, that for each man, it must feel very unique, the first time. We can't all look at this situation lightly, and leave it at that, that if thousands of other men and couples can survive this, then we all can. Though this is true, it can never diminish this feeling of watchfulness that I now feel. It's one of those things that is hard to describe. It's like you want to sleep, but the you don't, because you're anxious, you want it to be over, you want this baby to come out so soon so that you can take it home and be in the comfort of that place where a family resides. This is pretty awesome. I just want to say that. I'm more ecstatic that I am only 24 years old, and I will be a father, and I hope this means that I get to live a long life to see my daughter grow up, to date boys, to scare them off, or to welcome the good ones around, and to one day see her marry and have kids of her own perhaps. If I get to live that long to have a long lasting relationship with my daughter; I will be a happy old man. Here she comes, tonight that is. And so I only wanted to share these little thoughts that I have as we wait.

Baby blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for expecting parents or parents who recently had a baby.  It allows new parents the opportunity to share stories about their pregnancy and advice on the adventure of having a baby in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about having a baby, or check out the writing contest about babies, quotes about having a baby, baby etiquette, videos about having a baby, discounts for babies, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your pregnancy or baby, and pass along your wisdom to other new parents to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.