Wedding nightmare: worse than the clown one. You know what I mean.

pelzbee
Last night I had my very first wedding nightmare. Dun dun duuuuuuuuun! Wedding nightmare, you ask? What’s so spooooooky about a wedding nightmare? Nothing about it was twisted or disturbing, as in other things you call “nightmare-ish”. Nothing freaky-deaky like you’re in a house that’s yours, but it’s not yours, but it is, you just know it – oh, and there weren’t any, like, dancing pandas with bloody shanks. That sort of thing. But let me tell you – this? This wedding dream? Felt like a bullet to the stomach. I’ll just go ahead and share it now:

It was wedding day. I woke up at my parents house (which was their house, but it wasn’t their house, but it was – wait, didn’t I say there was none of that in here?) After staring at the clock for a long time, which read “14:26”, I deduced it was something like 11a.m. (it was not, in retrospect), which was apparently just two hours before the ceremony. Nobody else was awake yet, and neither that fact, nor the fact that I’d slept until two hours before the ceremony seemed to phase me, until it hit me that (here it goes. Are you ready?!) we never had a rehearsal. Also, no vows. And something else, too, that I now forget. See? No biggie. Really, I get that. But in that moment, I was a MESS-AND-A-HALF.

I proceeded to wake up my parents, crying and screaming like a baby whose been awoken in the middle of a nap. I could not for the life of me find the number to the venue to find out what we needed to know in lieu of a full rehearsal. And my parents? They were all “What’s wrong with this chic? Someone throw some Xanax at it and see if it goes for it.”

The dream continues on that we go to the venue, which is in the midst of hosting a full-on Renaissance-Era Halloween meal of some sort, and the place is totally decked out with ghouls and skulls and shiny orange and purple streamers. I run around like a mad woman looking for, I don’t know, our minister or something? In the process, I lose my phone, and before I find it, I come across five other phones exactly like mine (same blue case, same brand) that are not mine. Because those phones? They all had games running on the screen. And me? No time for games. Not when your wedding is in a few minutes, you can’t find your minister or the groom, and you have no idea what to do during the ceremony.

Finally we run into this guy who works at the place, who I immediately wrangle in and force upon my whackedness. He puts me at ease with his “everything’s going to be fine” attitude and that’s it. Dream’s over.

Anyone not planning a wedding right now is likely to read this and consider me psycho. We are, after all, eight months away from The Day, and here I am, already gone bat crazy. I don’t know why. I hope this isn’t a regular thing, but I know already that it will be. Hopefully, though, the dancing pandas will hold off until we get closer to the event itself.

What about you, ladies (and gents)? Have you ever had a wedding nightmare? Share it in the comments and ease my fears …
Comment by ogeewiz

I just want to say I liked the parents. And really, that was more exciting than my real-life nightmare of the sewer backing up on the morning of my wedding! (Maybe because because we had too many people staying at our house - and maybe because I washed my hair 3 times - which made it all fall the next day - which was my real nightmare! Love you, Deb - and everything will be fine!
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:11:34 AM
Comment by halibut801

I am getting married in May. I want to have some extensions put in and my hair done at an expensive salon. I told my mother this and she didn't think it was worth the money. Anyway I then had this dream, it was my wedding day and my mom was supposed to be taking me to get my hair done at my fancy salon. Instead, she led me into a room where she had purchased several wigs for me to wear. It was definitely a nightmare to me!
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:15:57 PM