Fashion Show & Bridal Showcase Report

KristieMGrey
A week after the Whitaker Center's 3rd Annual Bridal Showcase, I have recovered and can look back and notice some trends. I did not want to blog before my head had a chance to properly absorb all I had experienced.

The show itself was fantastic. We had gowns & tuxes from five shops total: The Bridal Emporium of Elizabethtown, PA, Taylored for You of Mechanicsburg, PA, Creative Elegance from Camp Hill, PA, Capital Rent-a-Tux of Mechanicsburg, PA, & Oxford Hall Celtic Shop of New Cumberland, PA.

The most wonderful part of the experience was showing brides in the area that there is more to bridal gowns than David's and Alfred's. There is a certain assessment attached to private boutiques, and that is that the staff is always snotty and the gowns are always very expensive.

We featured gowns that started at $300 and went up from there. Mothers gowns that began at $170, flower girl gowns starting at $90, and bridesmaids dresses that started at $100!

So ladies looking for your gown, do not shy away from private boutiques because of the price association!

Taylor & Alissa from the bridal shops worked alongside their mothers beautifully and every bride walked away from their booths with smiles and plenty of ideas. Private boutiques usually carry a wider selection of gowns and designers so you may have an easier time finding what you are looking for.

For the men in the audience, I wanted to be sure that their interest was peaked as well. Instead of all your typical white and black tuxes, we worked with two shops that we were able to do a bit of mixing around.

We featured Euro style coats, tails & top hats, a cream pinstripe zoot suit, a red tux, and ... KILTS! It's always been an underground popular trend to bring in the man's heritage in the form of Scottish, Irish, Welsh, & British tartans.

Through my time working in weddings I have had many brides approach me with their first question being: What do my girls wear? What do I wear?

It was lovely to see some different ideas of gowns and maids dresses alongside of a standard red, black, blue, and yellow dress tartan.

We had models walking after the show as well to give brides an up-close-and-personal look at the gowns in the show. Mothers also appreciated the attention to their style choices, and we actually featured the mothers in a bridal situation.

The crowd seemed to appreciate our range of focus of different bridal situations: Classic formal (ball gowns & a-lines were featured), 1940's glam (mermaids & drop waists), beach weddings (sweet & flowey), rock n roll (short & sassy), country (cowboy hats, prints, & fun gowns), non-traditional (color color color), Celtic (kilts & silks), and modern (taffeta & funky gowns).

I will be posting pictures from the show on my website in a few weeks, I'll be sure to blog about it more. The variety of trends that were focused on throughout the entire expo was wonderful. It really showed that every bride is finding a unique way to make her wedding stand apart.

Some choose funky flowers & boutonnieres, others a stand apart wedding cake, some will get a blue ball gown, while some will have a masquerade!

I will be building my site to include some of the fun and unique pieces you can create to make your wedding stand out. I cannot wait to share more with all of you, too!