Drum Roll Please...

Story & Writing Contest Winners

Writing Contest Winners on StageofLife.com

We've welcomed thousands of amazing writers, young and old, who contribute to the Stage of Life international story initiative.  Here you will find the links to the winners of our monthly story and writing contests, along with a link to our exclusive teen trend reports - a comprehensive summary containing all of the statistics and essays for each teen writing prompt.

Winning Stage of Life Essay WritersThe writers featured below submitted an outstanding essay for the monthly writing contest that was deemed "the best" by over 20 Stage of Life Editors.  These essayists have the bragging rights to claim the title (and prize) that come along with being the best Stage of Life writer for the month.  A notable achievement considering these essays have been referenced by nationally acclaimed writers and featured in the press by TIME.com, ABC TV, Wall Street Journal's MarketWatch, and others.

If you're interested in seeing your name here, make sure to submit a story answering the monthly "life question" to the current Stage of Life writing contest.  There is a writer in all of us.  What's your story?

And the writing contest winners are...

September 2014 Writing Contest - Identity: "Who do you think you are? 

Writing contest about school memoriesAugust 2014 Writing Contest - School Daze:  What is your favorite (or least favorite) school memory? 
  • High School/College Winner:  Judging Essays Now 
  • Other Life Stage Winner:  Judging Essays Now
  • Teen Trend Report:  Released after Sept. 25th
  • National Press Release:  Released after Sept. 25th

Writing contest about YouTubeJune & July 2014 Writing Contest - YouTube in our Lives: How has YouTube impacted your life and the world around us? 

Graduation Speech Writing ContestMay 2014 Writing Contest - Words to the Grads: What would you say to a graduating class if you were the commencement speaker? 

Teenagers and Love: writing contest

April 2014 Writing Contest -
Teenagers in Love:  Share a story about teen dating and relationships

March writing contest - Mental HealthMarch 2014 Writing Contest - "March Madness:  Share a story about your experiences with mental illness or mental health"

The Olympic Spirit Writing ContestFebruary 2014 Writing Contest - "What is the meaning of the Olympic Spirit?"

Open Letter writing contestJanuary 2013 Writing Contest - "Open Letter:  Hopes & Fears for the New Year"

Civility Writing ContestDecember 2013 Writing Contest - "Where has civility gone?"

Mass Consumerism - Writing Contest

November 2013 Writing Contest
-
"Do we have too much stuff?"

What Scares You - Halloween Writing Contest

October 2013 Writing Contest - "What scares you?"

Essays about Goal SettingSeptember 2013 Writing Contest - "When have you succeeded or failed at a goal?"

Moments of Awesomeness on StageofLife.comAugust 2013 Writing Contest - "What was your Moment of Awesomeness?"

Essays about PatriotismJuly 2013 Writing Contest "What does it mean to love your country?"

June 2013 Writing Contest "How will you make this summer one you'll never forget?"

Stories about Inspirational WomenMay 2013 Writing Contest "Share a special memory about your mother, grandmother, or an important woman in your life."

April 2013 Writing Contest "What news stories are teenagers most passionate about, and why?"
Essays about FearMarch 2013 Writing Contest "How have you applied the phrase 'No Fear' in your life?"
February 2013 Writing Contest "Why can't I stop watching my favorite TV show?"
January 2013 Writing Contest "Where do we go after the Newtown school shooting?"
Essays about Body ImageDecember 2012 Writing Contest*High School/College only* "How will you "Be the Change?"
Essays about Inspirational BooksNovember 2012 Writing Contest "What was the most inspirational or important book you've ever read?"
October 2012 Writing Contest*High School/College only* "How have sports positively (or negatively) shaped traditions in your family?
September 2012 Writing Contest "Submit an essay that shares your political "passion issue" and which Presidential Candidate is best suited to make a positive difference (or improvement) on the issue?"
Essays about Inspirational SongsJuly & August 2012 Writing Contest *High School/College only* "Share a story about a song that was incredibly important or inspiring to you at one point in your life."

Enter the current writing contest or...

If you would like to read more about the above contests, check out our full Teen Trend Reports. Or you can enter our current writing contests.