From 2010 to 2016, StageofLife.com ran a monthly, multi-generational writing contest. With over 3,000,000 visitors and tens of thousands of participating students, teachers, parents, and bloggers involved over half a decade, StageofLife.com grew into the world's largest multi-generational writing community.
Where is the Writing Contest Now? As StageofLife.com grew into a global writing destination, the coordination of managing an international writing contest became too time intensive for the website's owners. So starting on Sept. 4, 2016, StageofLife.com unfortunately had to end the writing contest portion of its services.
However, we are now actively looking for new owners of StageofLife.com who may want to carry on the mission of helping to change the world, one story at a time. If you know someone who may be interested in taking StageofLife.com to the next level, we can share details around the opportunity. Please send an email to our owners if there's interest to acquire the website.
But in the meantime, there's still plenty to see and do here - just check out the various links and menus on the page.
Past Annual Writing Contest Results: While the energy and time to carry on the StageofLife.com writing contest has come to a close, you can see summary reports and the winners from the monthly contests on our Writing Contest Winners page. Tens of thousands of people have submitted essays over the last six years. Our editorial team has been extremely grateful for all of the wonderful essays shared over the years - words and stories that have helped us change the world, one story at a time.
--StageofLife.com owners Eric & Rebecca Thiegs and Joe & Lisa Thiegs
Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes were part of the fun for participants of the free writing contests on StageofLife.com.
Mentions for the Stage of Life teen writing contests, teen trend reports, etiquette Q&A, and teacher resources by...
Each month over half a decade, Stage of Life hosted and judged writing contests for both students and adults. We thank the below brands - our educational sponsors - who supplied gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we helped the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...
What made our writing contests different?
- Stage of Life writing contests were always free to enter
- Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe
- We wanted to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month. We picked writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
- We awarded the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
- By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, writers were supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and their words reached hundreds of thousands of viewers who visited StageofLife.com