Writing Community about Weddings

Share Your Wedding or Engagement Story

Weddings:  Share your Engagement or Wedding Story.

Stage of Life® is a free blogging community for anyone thinking about, planning or recently having had a wedding.  Get involved with our writing mission by sharing your experiences from your own wedding or engagement or others you've witnessed.  Whether you're thinking about asking that special someone to marry you, recently engaged or having your wedding tomorrow, we look forward to reading your essays and hearing your thoughts about weddings!  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter Contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for weddings on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national wedding writing contest:
April | May 2016
"Secret of Happiness"

Don't have time to blog today?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.
Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Wedding discounts:  Save up to 20% on Lenovo laptops and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Recent Writing Contest Winners

Winning Essay WritersWinning Writing Contest EssaysBefore you scroll down to read the essays, stories, and blogs being submitted to StageofLife.com, let's celebrate the recent writing contest winners.  We select one essay each month from across all of the non-student life stages to win our monthly blogging contests

Basically...these winning essays are selected from all of you "grown-ups" out there writing on Stage of Life...

Past Writing Contest Winners

Wedding Stories

My boyfriend of 5 years is thinking about proposing to me soon, but him and myself love my mom, but aren't the biggest fan of her. He mentioned that he didn't want my mom there when he proposes, but my sister will be there, and his parents that we are super close will be there too. My older sister is 6 years older than me, and when my parents split when I was really young, she kind of took a motherly like roll to me and my other siblings. I always felt way closer to my sister...
Hey! My name is Sara and I am planning a wedding that is a little less than 5 months away. Talk about stressful? Well, not really. I have an awesome support system that has helped me along this journey. I also have a blog that focuses on faith, design and inspiration. What is the key to happiness? A positive lifestyle: Embracing positivity and remembering that at the end of the day… everything is going to be okay! Every morning when I wake up I think of 10 things that I a...
Weddings are celebrations of love and joy. You can’t help but believe this universal fact instinctively, until you start planning a wedding for yourself, siblings, or children, and face the thought of the exuberant expenses that lie in its wake. Loans have always helped individuals conveniently achieve goals like receiving an education or buying a dream home, a cool bike, or state-of-the-art electronic gadgets; marriage loans or wedding loans bring those same benefits to ...
One's wedding is a day to remember for a lifetime. It is said to be the most important day. Wedding planning is a tedious yet fun time for the whole family. Different members take charge of different functions such as transport, lodging, venue, catering etc. Guest entertainment is of utmost importance too.The factor that matters the most is the cost. Everything boils down to it. Nobody wants to compromise on cost for such an important day. Thankfully, there are many easy ...
After an out of town trip (6 hours there, 6 hours back) and after an argument with my husband, he let me know that our 12 year old son and I will not be going with him to his best friends wedding 8 hours away because the trip is too long and plane tickets for the three of us will be too expensive. I do not think this is okay and the delivery and timing of the message is suspect. I feel devastated! Is this acceptable? (We have been married 15 years)...
As the wedding season approaches this part of the world, things cease to remain same and much of our free time is consumed in deciding gifts for the weddings and buying clothes for ourselves. In India, this sacred bond between two people is more than just about the nuptial rituals; more about the work of weeding decorators. The grand ceremonies have everything to offer that a beholder of this holiest of bondage could ever ask for: flowers, cars, lights, music, dance, cameras,...
Carrie is my younger sister but also my best friend. We weren't as close until high school when we were in the same dance class and youth group at church. Before that, Carrie was considered the "good child". I was always the troublemaker getting punished. Carrie was a momma's girl, always loving to snuggle or make up funny handshakes with her, which made me secretly jealous. When Carrie was in second grade, she started complaining of stomach pain. My parents took her to m...
Your wedding can be the greatest day of your life, so what do you need to do to make it really great? Have you been searching trends and ideas on wedding blogs and social networks? Why not? Because for a while, planning your wedding may become your second or full-time job. Why? Because everything should be just perfect. You should understand that to have on...
This year, wedding dresses have seen a lot of updates and new designs. Incorporating feathers, floral prints, and pastel colors, the latest trends in wedding gowns feature unique and fresh styling. Inspired by Kate Middleton’s wedding look, long sleeved wedding gowns are making a come-back by utilizing gossamer sheer or lace sleeves with lace, sequins, intricate beading, or elegant embroidery. Off shoulder styles are another fresh look coming off runways, as well as low backe...
The color of your wedding dress isn’t white? Aren't you going to wear veil? Your groom has seen the wedding dress before you walked up the aisle? Are you insane? Your marriage is doomed. This is a bride’s worst nightmare. There are many wedding superstitions that may spoil the happiest day of your life and make even the most logical person believe that 'married in May will rue the day', as the old sa...
The best way to plan a perfect wedding is to plan the wedding banquet, designers for the clothes and the wedding photography services who will be the best to bring out the essence of love in the wedding preparations to perfection! Planned weddings are becoming very popular at present, as more and more people prefer them over the frivolous expenses in an unplanned one.
...
Social networking sites and dating apps have come a long way in connecting people living thousand miles away. The idea of finding love online has become popular even in the deeply conservative nation like ours. Today, we do not have to face raised eyebrows on the mention of online dating, and these dating apps have become as common as matrimonial sites.Online dating may be more frequent than the traditional concept of dating, and may not require much preparation as well. ...
With the rising trend in destination weddings, people have started using overseas wedding photography services. The best way a couple can remember and cherish their pre wedding moments and the wedding day celebration is by the medium of photographs. Photographs last a lifetime and MoreIt is the best gift that they can give to each other which can be passed on to the next generation too, who will love to see their parents or grandparent getting married at their...
Two of my closest male friends married this past weekend here in beautiful Saint Andrews By-the-Sea. It was my distinct honour to be Master of Ceremonies at one of the most spectacular and beautiful celebrations of marriage one could ever imagine. There was a gigantic beautifully decorated tent, 200 guests from far and wide dressed to the nines in black tie and stunning dresses, delicious food, a 21-piece big band, perfect weather and an outpouring of love and friendship. ...
January 1, 2015, marked 21st of our wedding anniversary. On that day, I promised to go forward without looking back, prepared to face the rigors of marriage and settle as a responsible man. Before then finding or choosing the right woman to be my future partner was like a nightmare, taking into consideration the number of people getting divorce everyday after tying the knot.Yes! It’s very common to see hundreds of couples at wedding ceremonies, particularly on Sundays, mak...
Recently I was asked to help coordinate a wedding for friends of mine. I was also an invited guest, which made for a full afternoon and evening of celebration. As most readers know, I am somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to protocol and etiquette. However, a wedding is one area where flexibility is much more the rule than the exception.I very much enjoyed my time at this wedding, most of all because when I departed for the night, I had a warm feeling that this un...
I've been friends with my sister in law since junior high school. Her husband left her for a wealthy women and changed his career in a way so that he did not need to pay child or spousal support. For years my sister in law would sit in my home crying and worried how she would support her kids. I attended multiple court dates with her through out. During those years she would have some drama with the new wife. The kids are adults now and one is getting married. Recently my sis...
Once upon a time, there was a bride and a groom. The groom was wise enough to celebrate his bachelor party a couple of weeks before the wedding, but the bride was careless enough to have hers right on the eve of the celebration. It’s good she did though – there would have been no wedding story without it. So, the bachelorette party had all traditional components – a sk...
“Pick a song we can dance to at the wedding,” my soon-to-be-married son Spike instructed me. “Keep it short.” My unenthusiastic response, “OK.” I had always assumed my child would love to pick that song himself--to show how much our relationship meant to him. “One more reason to feel left out of this whole wedding,” I grumbled to myself. Mothers of sons know what to expect if/when their sons find a bride. Thirty years ago, my brother’s wife told my mom ...
An exquisite matrimony hits the season’s chart like nothing else. All the uncles and aunties get ready with the best sets of clothes and accessories for the season’s most awaited wedding and what dazzles the guests more than gold is the amazing food platter. Deciding between a buffet system and a sit-down meal can be confusing for most of us. So, here is a comparison between the two to make the choice easier for you-1. BudgetBe a smart host and NEVER lose sight of you...
There’s An App for That: Meant To Be WeddingBy Maria Solita Zaldivar-GuzmanOur wedding is almost 5 years in the making and with that, I have proven that the best things happen to those who hold a fervent hope in their hearts and wait patiently for it to happen.Ours is not a conventional love story, having met on Facebook in 2010 and accidentally meeting in a bar one night. We became an official couple via SMS and in the same manner, he casually proposed to me two months...
It happens pretty rarely that a groom is genuinely involved in the wedding planning process. Typically, grooms are asked not to dabble in and stand aside cakes, napkin and flower colors and other wedding decisions. How sad is that! In reality, family consultants believe that bride's and groom's tight collaboration in wedding planning makes their r...
Nothing in life could have prepared me for love. It's selfless, ravishing, and completely spontaneous. One cannot simple look for it, for it finds you when you least expect it. The night my life changed forever, was such a beautiful becoming. We took a long canoe ride down a peaceful river, stopping once for a picnic, and then my boyfriend cooked a delicious gourmet dinner for me in a tie. As I look across the kitchen at him, I realized that someday I would, without a doub...
My husband and I have been married 20 years and we have a 17 year old son. We have always been active in his daughters life but she never lived with us. She and her mom and I have always been cordial but never close. I have always supported a relationship between her and my husband and her little brother(my son). She is now 30 and planning her wedding. There has always been uncomfortableness at family gatherings because I was seen as the reason hubby and ex never reunited(the...
I have been looking forward and ahead toward bringing my bride home,I couldn't wait for the wedding day to come,but at last it came like a running hare.On that day i could still remember what i did and what i faced,firstly i got myself dressed up,secondly gift were packed into the cars,then lastly we drove to the event venue,I would have met my bride there but unfortunately for me, she wasn't there.The weeding will commerce soon``the pastor said.Then what could be wro...
He popped the question on his birthday. Valentines day to be exact. It was freezing but I didn't care. The love of my life had just asked me to be his wife. The next day all I could hear was "have you set a date?" . My answer was obviously no. Im just enjoying the moment. Of course I think about the perfect setting and the perfect day. It would be warm outside, a sunset and rose pedals on the ground. Not everything always goes as planned. I've excepted that no matter if it ra...
My brother has finally decided to make changes in his life and move country in order to find a job and be closer to his girlfriend. It's a big step for him and I want to support him and make him feel happy in his decisions. The problem that i'm having is that my boyfriend is constantly bringing up small things that are annoying him about my brother and I believe them to be pretty insignificant. He's obsessed with my brother staying up later than us (we go to bed at 10 as we g...
Hi my name is Taneika and my fiancee name is Anthony, I'm applying for this give away for starters we have been struggling for some time now. I lost both of my brothers at an early age and the storms continue to come my way, we are truly in love and it's a match made in heaven. We have had our ups and downs but we continue to keep our faith and trust that the Lord makes no mistakes in this life. I am truly blessed to have found my king and him to find his queen, we really wan...
Fall weddings can be absolutely beautiful. The hustle and bustle of summer has relaxed into a season of gratitude for the bounty of the harvest. This easily translates into the bounty of close friends and family with whom many of us want to celebrate one of the most important days of our lives. Decorating with beautiful autumn colors, pumpkins, decorative gourds, and fall flowers such as Asters and Zinnias can make a beautiful seasonally colorful backdrop to your important ...
My hands are clammy. I sense the ivory fabric of my corset clamp down my breathing. The car window is open a crack for me to breathe in the recently mowed lawn of the park. White chairs are set up in the grass, forming an aisle of tension I would walk. The driver’s door slams shut but I don’t stare up. I’m focused, focused on the sweat on my palms. My dress isn't a solution for wiping- not with the beaded lace covering it like a frail spider web. Then there’s the Ford Mod...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com