On My Own Writing Contest

Writing Contest for Singles

Blogging Contest for Singles

See blogging contest rules, prizes and submission button below...

Are you single?  Stage of Life wants to hear about your experiences living on your own as you consider our monthly national writing prompt.  Whether you're a blogger or just someone who loves to write, share your story with the Stage of Life writing community.

How to Enter?

1. Read rules below
  2. Read writing contest prompt below
  3. Submit your essay online to (as instructed below) via the BLUE "Submit Essay" button

Writing Contest Prizes

One winning essay from across the non-student life stages on will be selected to receive...
  • Spa & Wellness gift cards by SpaWeek$50 gift card from  Spa & Wellness Cards are good at over 8,000 spas in North America.  They are redeemable year-round and never expire. is excited to sponsor the monthly writing contest! FYI - Every writer, blogger, or reader gets 15% off Spa & Wellness gift cards from SpaWeek through 2014.
  • Writing Sponsor on - Applebee's$25 gift card from Applebee's.  Applebee’s is focused on serving good food to good people. Today, what was once a popular neighborhood restaurant has grown to become a popular restaurant in neighborhoods all across North America – with almost 2,000 locations and counting.
  • Stage of Life pen
  • Signed letter of Congratulations from
  • Acknowledgment as a national blogging contest winner.  Essay winners are posted each month here - Writing Contest Winners

Writing Contest Rules

• Blogging contest for singles

Essay must relate to the theme (see below).
  • Essay must be your original work.
  • Essay can be no longer than 500 words.
  • Essay must be non-fiction and follow the form of a diary, journal, blog, memoir, or essay.  That is to say...we want real stories about real life...from you.
  • Once entered, essay will become a part of Stage of Life's public facing content so no foul language or inappropriate material.  Those entries will be removed.
  • Registration to Stage of Life is required to enter the writing contest (it's free) which will allow us to post your story to the public.

Enter the Writing Contest for Singles Now

Please read below for details on the monthly writing contest and click the blue "Submit Essay" button to submit your essay.  Good luck!

Enter Writing Contest Here...

Enter Writing Contest

After over half a decade as a multi-generational, international writing contest, has ended its writing competitions.

"Say it isn't so!"

It's unfortunately so.  As grew into a global writing destination, the coordination of managing a free international writing contest became too time intensive for the website's owners, esp. as traffic grew to nearly 1,000,000 visitors per year.  So starting on Sept. 1, 2016, ended the writing contest portion of its content.

However, we are now actively looking for new owners of who may want to carry on the mission of helping to change the world, one story at a time.  If you know someone (or a company) who may be interested in taking to the next level, we can share details around the opportunity.  Please send an email to our owners (use the Contact Us form) if there's interest to acquire the website.

But in the meantime, there's still plenty to see and do here - just check out the various links and menus on the page as we continue to focus on building out the content around the following information for each stage of life...
  • Etiquette
  • Statistics
  • Videos
  • Quotations
  • Coupons
  • And more
Past Annual Writing Contest Results:  While the energy and time to carry on the  writing contests has come to a close, you can view summary reports and read the winners' essays from the past monthly contests on our Writing Contest Winners page.  Tens of thousands of people have submitted essays since we started the contest.  Our editorial team has been grateful for all of the wonderful submissions shared over the years - words and stories that have helped us change the world, one story at a time.

Sincerely, owners Eric & Rebecca Thiegs and Joe & Lisa Thiegs

Questions:  Contact Us

Stage of Life update

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.