Writing Community about Single Living

Singles Blog on StageofLife.com

Share a Story about being "On My Own."  Enter Blogging Contests for Singles...

Stage of Life® is a writing community designed around that unique life stage of living on your own, being single, having roommates, dating and exploring new relationships (even those starting over again after a divorce).  Get involved with our literacy mission to make the world a better place through blogging:  Share a personal essay about a life experience, explore our quotes about being single, save money with our printable in-store coupons and coupon codes, and more.  Whether you're in a serious relationship or living life on your own, we look forward to reading your essays and helping you save money...throughout your single life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com singles writing contest Twitter Contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for singles on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for singles:
June / July 2015

"There's an App for That"
Don't have time to write today?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.
Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Recent Writing Contest Winners

Winning Essay WritersWinning Writing Contest EssaysBefore you scroll down to read the essays, stories, and blogs being submitted to StageofLife.com, let's celebrate the recent writing contest winners.  We select one essay each month from across all of the non-student life stages to win our monthly blogging contests

Basically...these winning essays are selected from all of you "grown-ups" out there writing on Stage of Life...

Past Writing Contest Winners

On My Own Stories

We are only one species on this planet who is to say we have the right to destroy our only home when we destroy each other. Why must we pay to live? It should be zero cost to live. Government and men at power are selfish and greedy and keep us slaves all the while we destroy each other over religion and racism. Wake up world. ...
What can be more romantic and thrilling than the first date! Easy chat, unspeakable pleasure and butterflies in your stomach. Is it always like this? Well, not really. For many young people, the first date is like taking an exam. Your palms are sweating, and you go weak at the knees. And it is not for nothing: stern statistics shows that only 25 out of 100 dates have legs. Are the...
It is assured that any person currently living in the 21st century has heard the name Winston Churchill. Churchill was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, as well as a conscientious politician, and intellectual man. He once stated, “All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.” It is apparent in our world today, that a large percentage of the population is constantly wishing to have a ‘do-over’ in attempt to fix their empty, mundane lives. In rea...
when I get out of high school I will get a boyfriend when I go to mizzou college. if I get rejected from mizzou college, I will work at a pet store and work with animals like dogs, birds, cats, bunnies, lizards, snakes and more. if that doesnt work i will start my own store called "U shop U sell" and people will sell their toys and stuff and they can buy stuff too. when its been 4 or 5 years i wil retire from the store and get one of my employes the store....
The world is full of one-of-a-kind places, which can astonish even the experienced travelers. Here are some corners in the universe you are sure to see at least once in a lifetime.• Chocolate Hills in PhilippinesThe Chocolate Hills, or Tsokolateng burol in their native language, are located on the island Bohol, the Bohol Province, Philippines. They are called so because of very close resemblance to the world-loved chocolate truffles – both in form and color. 1.77...
This theme is rather difficult for me because writing and blogging have changed my life significantly, so I don’t even know where to begin. To write this post, I went to my own blog to the very first post I wrote a long time ago (if you are wondering, it was on September 7, 2008). An interesting thing is that I realized that my style and voice have not changed much since then. But, oh my, s...
A lot of people love dogs. Known as a close companion and best friend to man, many of these animals are taken in as household pets. There are many breeds of dog that exist today. Some are more desired and in high demand than others. Blue pitbulls, which may be called blue nose pits, are of interest to some dog lovers. Some consider them to be intimidating, which is common when discussing pitbulls. There are plenty of blue pitbull bre...
We women tend to hate on each other. We criticize, judge, and insult other women mainly due to jealousy or our own insecurities. But have you ever noticed that men don’t do this? You don’t hear men calling each other names, such as bitch, whore, slut, ugly, fat, etc. Why can’t we be supportive and positive when amongst our own gender? Why do we behave in this detrimental way? If you ask me, it’s because we’re sipping on some haterade.According to Urban Dictionary, haterade ...
Living thousands of kilometres away from your only loved one in a big bad city can be tricky. Skype can help you see your Mom's face on your phone no matter how distorted. Hangouts can give a better quality on phone but sometimes just few diagonal lines. But for these fifty year olds getting a hang of the app world, you see how their world crashes down when they can't have whatsapp!A year younger than my Mom, my land lady's caretaker, Aladin's Ginee, has been asking me, '...
Alright. So, here begins the story. A single mother with an only daughter to live at the other extreme end of the country, the east to west gap, the network issues and a constant need to be with each other and yet deal with the hypocrisy of the 21st century, life has its own beautiful twists and turns.If your mom is thirty years older than you, brought up in an orthodox set up, you don't even need to blink before you conclude she won't understand.You know how she really...
Visual distraction has often been my adversary. Behavioral scientists will say that distraction, in general, has its advantages, evolutionarily equipping us with instinctual responses that protect us from harm. I do not dispute this, but as a sighted person, and one who has some minor autistic tendencies - prone to sensory overload and “freezing up” in acutely multi-sensory situations - I can tell you that visual distraction is for me, quite often, difficult to endure. Re...
I’m at the mall, enjoying my favorite brewery / burger place. I’ve finished the chapter of my book. I’ve been reading books by blind authors for several months in an attempt to increase both my knowledge of blindness issues and my awareness of the visually impaired community. A reoccurring, fundamental principle of life shouts its truth through the pages of these memoirs: the more we learn about our differences, the more we discover how much we’re alike. On occasion, in my ...
I sat in the center of the downtown restaurant, facing the front, which was a solid glass wall; a giant window through which my eyes caught hold of sidewalk passersby, both casually clad in t-shirt and shorts as well as the professional dress of suits and ties. Through the nonchalant flow of foot traffic, my eyes drove into the street where the metallic glare of the blue-striped street car stretched its slow, shimmering streak across my affixed plane of vision. Across the ...
Forethought My Oxford dictionary defines punctuation marks, such as periods and commas, as marks which separate sentences, etc., and clarify meaning. Clarify? Yes. But separate? Perhaps in terms of their spatial appearance, their literal, spatial proportionality in relation to the surrounding characters they separate, and in terms of their engagement in the function of organizational distinction. Yet, this definition, not unlike many, is incomplete. It fails to observe an...
What do we usually know about Switzerland? A common perception of this country is that Switzerland is a sweet home for cheese, watch and high-class banking. And, of course, the harbor for very high social standards. Indeed, Switzerland today is one of the richest and best-developed countries in the world. The Swiss somehow managed to make their economy functional and, as a result, very successful. And the Swiss progress was hindered neither by a relatively small size of the c...
Fingerprint authentication will become a lot more common on smartphones of all prices as sensors get cheaper—and Google’s integration of the technology in the next version of Android will make it much easier for app developers and service providers to make use of them.Today, fingerprint sensors are mainly available on high-end models from Apple and Samsung Electronics. But that is about to change, according to sensor manufacturers Synaptics and Fingerprint Cards.Fingerpri...
Born to learn virtue and viceThe Christmas conundrum of naughty and niceRepeatedly perturbed by choices galoreNeck in the noose of either, orBoyhood brought a stab at decisionBlown out candles, wishes in collisionWith wants and needs, dreams and daresEntangled inquiries into my caresYouth became a game, a stage, a storyWhile dutiful in diapers, adolescence was "my" gloryWhy waste away in gray imitationWhen what I saw and touched engaged fascination?...
With my crazy work hours and busy social life (Only one of those is true) it’s really difficult to find time to exercise. I could be finishing work at 10pm and then starting my next shift at 11.30am the following day (That doesn’t sound all that bad, but you gotta remember I don’t finish work and then straight away collapse into a deep sleep. I drive home. I eat dinner. I have a glass of wine. I wrestle Luke to keep him awake, because I’m awake. I watch Tv. By the time I go t...
Monday my cousin and I woke up at 3:00 in the morning.my dad was still sleeping so Paige and I went down the stares and we made some coffee and went to sit on the couch to go watch SpongeBob and Drake and Josh on demand ...
I went to las Vegas to go see my uncle Jason's Broadway show called Rock Of Ages. and I got to sit next to my two aunts Aunt Bethany and Aunt Cassidy I had so much fun with them. My aunt Bethany was rocking out the show was a lot of fun I saw the show four times. ...
Last year I went camping with friends and family so my dad and I went on an afternoon ride on the quads and my cousin max was with us. my dad and I started to head back to the camp site but all of a sudden I felt the quad tip over. and my dad and I fell out of the quad I was scared because I hit these green stake poles and the quad almost came on top of me but my dad caught the quad before it killed me. so I yelled for my cousin and he ran to me in a pain to come get me up. a...
Wattpad! It's not just an app for us. Wattpad is a free library for everyone. It is a platform to create stories,poems for everyone without need of any degree. People comment on each other's work which helps us to know what more we can do to improve our writing.This app saves our money as we are not buying any books we just have to download the stories of our interest and start reading. We don't have to walk distance to any shop. We can read anytime whether it is 3 in the m...
Jonah Hill, Oprah Winfrey, Kelly Osbourne, Christian Bale, Renee Zellweger… Aren’t their examples enough for your inspiration? Do you wish to know how fast they manage to gain extra weight for particular roles, and then immediately lose it without any special efforts? Some of the hints may sound weird and do not work for everybody. But some are really wise and useful. Read them to balance your lifestyle and keep fit. Are you gone mad about 21 Jump Street star Channing Tat...
Why do we need to sacrifice a lot for Love?? Why do they say its the best feeling ever experienced when a lot of times you get hurt just to stay in love.... Why can't it be just simple?... Why is it sometimes hard to express even when it is said love has many different languages? They say love is blind.. How can a person be so blind when the person that is standing in front of their freaking eyes is so in love with them. Love can be a very sweet word but at the same time it...
If you take care about hotel accommodations, car rent and airfare, it is very good, because these things are among the most important in your travel preparation. However, they are only the beginning of your travel without troubles. What else should you do to leave your home and spend your holidays easily and without unexpected troubles? Here are our suggestions....
A small town's high school band, with no more than 54 students, sat on the bleachers of the football stadium with the school's they'd competed against. It was the moment we'd been waiting for since the ending of my junior year. The 2005-2006 marching contest, as the band's performed the numbers they'd been working on since summer. Premont's marching band became a Cinderella story that year as the 54 piece band took on 'Phantom of the Opera.' It was the show that ultimately r...
How an elementary school teacher (namely a trainee to assist thine sixth grade assiduously, dogmatically, generously, joyously, magnanimously and positively changed my life!--------------------------------------------------------------------------WORD COUNT 433 + TITLE - OF THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSION TO BE SCRUTINIZED BY THE ERUDITE ACADEMICIANS HERE AT STAGE OF LIFE WEBSITE.Miss Rainbow A smidgen less than two score and half years ago, this then sixth grader (at Hen...
My third grade teacher was a very attractive young blonde. As an eight year-old boy, I was thrilled to have her, and it wasn't long before I had a crush on her. Every Friday afternoon when our regular classes were over, she would let us have a game hour. We broke up into small groups to play board games like Monopoly. One afternoon when my group finished our game early, I got up and walked around the room to see if I could get into another game. Over in one corner ...
In the first grade, I had a teacher who helped me meet my best friend in the whole world. She made an impact on my life by making me partners with my friend who changed my life for the better. ...
[size=7]A hero is someone that could be a family member, your friend or even a stranger, that will do something for you no matter what, without thinking twice before doing it. Heros are not always what we expect them to be. They are not the way cartoons tend to describe them. We sometimes think and refer to a hero as someone that will come and save us by flying through the air like Superman, or who can do magic like Zatara, but that is not what a hero is. A hero doesn't have ...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com