Resources and Coupons Single Living

Resources for Being Single

Resources for being singleStage of Life® features statistics, videos, etiquette lessons, quotes, news, and more for and about being single.  

Get started now by selecting the category of information below you'd like to explore for this life stage.  Our editors are adding new information regularly so check back often for new content.

Enjoy!

--Stage of Life Editorial Team

Coupons for Singles1) Coupons for Singles Living on Your Own

Are you single and looking to save money?  Check out the merchants who have some special offers for you.  Save between 5% and 50% with Stage of Life's free MyLifeRewards® savings program

Coupons for Living on Your Own

Etiquette for Singles2) Dating Etiquette about Being Single

Do you have a question for our Stage of Life Etiquette coach, Jay, about dating etiquette, manners or civility for living on your own or being single?  Submit your etiquette question to Stage of Life and have some fun reading the other questions and answers we've received.  You may just learn an important etiquette lesson!

Etiquette for living on your own

Financial tips for singles3) Financial Tips for Singles

As part of its financial literacy mission, Stage of Life features key articles and content for singles about living a financially sound life.  Check out articles such as the Top 10 Financial Tips for Life and more...

Finanical Tips for Singles

Generational information4) Generational Information

Have you ever wondered what's the difference between a Millennial, Gen X, or Baby Boomer?  Wonder no longer.  Take some time to view the generational detail about the five major generations alive today from Gen Z to the Silent Generation.

Generational definitions

Goal setting for Singles5) Goal Setting for Singles

For the last half decade, Stage of Life has been proud to provide its free Goal Setting worksheet for people of all ages - such as singles.  It's now one of the top ranked Goal Setting Worksheets on Google and has been used by over 100,000 people.  Download it free here.

Goal setting for Singles

Top 10 for Singles6) Top 10 Lists about Singles

Looking for books, movies, and music about singles.  Look no further.  Check out our Editor-generated list of must-view media about this life stage...

Top 10 Lists for Singles

News about being single7) News for Singles

In partnership with PRNewswire, Stage of Life consolidates news stories about being single.  Check out the latest news stories about this stage in your life.

News about being single

Quotes about Being Single8) Quotations about Being Single

Looking for some inspirational or funny quotes by famous people about being single?  We've found a bunch.  And you can submit more for us to feature too!

Quotes about Being Single

Statistics about Being Single9) Statistics about Being Single

Finding credible statistics about being single is a daunting task.  We've taken some of the work for you as our Editors comb through major publications and research to present the most relevant statistics.

Statisitcs about being single

Videos about being single10) Videos about Being Single

If you want to watch some interesting, inspirational, or funny videos tailored singles, check out the collection of YouTube picks our Editors have complied...

Videos about being single

Must Visit Websites for Singles11) Must Visit Websites for Singles

We've compiled a list of must visit websites about being single.  And we're always looking for more suggestions if you're aware of a website that every teenager should know about.  Check out the list here...

Must Visit Websites for Being Single

Past writing contest winners12) Past Writing Contests for Singles

For half a decade, Stage of Life hosted one of the largest, multi-generational writing contests in the world.  Read the winning essays here...

Writing contest winning essays

Educational resources13) Educational Resources

Centered around its digital and financial literacy missions, Stage of Life features various educational resources for students, parents, and teachers such as...

Contact Stage of Life14) Contact Us to Share Your Thoughts

Are you looking for something that's missing from our content?  Or have ideas or suggestions for things we should add to Stage of Life?  Contact us with your ideas!

Contact us

Past Writing Contest Winners

Winning Essay WritersWinning Writing Contest EssaysFor over half a decade, StageofLife.com hosted on of the world's largest, monthly, multi-generational writing contests.  We've gathered up all of the essay winners, student and adult, from the past six years to feature on our writing contest winners page.  Between 2010 and 2016, we selected one essay each month from across all of the non-student life stages to win our monthly blogging contests

Past Writing Contest Winners

On My Own Stories

It will be there for a while I am waiting to head for Venice and Rome , feelings truly conformed a romantic relationship between me, Italy and it's tradition.As I was just about thirteen years old reading Dumas ' one of the high appreciated novels, Ascanio at high school, it came out a while of appreciation , I found the book a perfect example of reputation for the Italian art, history, recognition of tradition led to the profound contribution of the nation and it's don...
    I am a nervous person. I worry about car crashes and spiders and guns and death and the weird way my voice sounds when I talk on the phone. Some of my fears are unavoidable: after all, I can't control how many spiders take up residence in the garden where I also like to sit. And some of my fears are totally avoidable: I may balk at the thought of skydiving, but luckily, no one has yet tried to push me out of a plane.However, for all of my worries (founded or not), I h...
    Everybody have different ideas and view for there happiness. Even do I. My secret of happiness lies in inner peace. Lemme tell you a story which showed me my actual happiness. It was my grandfather's death anniversary and like every year we were getting ready to go out for donation of fruits to necessary and needy people. But just when we all were thinking about which place to go that year a thought strikes to my dad's mind of why not going to old age house this year for char...
    I am annoyed that on several occasions my boyfriend has expected me to sit in the backseat so one of his daughters can sit in the front seat of the car. ...
    The Secret of Happiness: A Life with Many Loved Ones Happiness comes from many different things from many different people. In my life and from what I have experienced, the secret to happiness is a life filled with many loved ones. My family has been through some really hard times in the past year but with the love and support of each other, we always make it. My family is the most important thing to me, above school and even athletics. In my life, my family...
    It’s not easy playing a part that you’re not. Everyone in their life pretends to be something their not. This causes confusion about who you really are. One day you will break down and tell everyone. There is an amazing story to go with this. I grew up into a family where you were taught being homosexual was not appropriate. This made me stray away from it. When I was about 10, I started to become interested in males and less in females. I was always taught that this w...
    Most people try to find happiness in success, relationships, or money. No matter how successful a person gets in life, money or possessions can't give a person genuine happiness or a sense of fulfillment. The key to happiness is enjoying the moment you're in, and not waiting for work to be over or the week to be done. Look for the gifts God gives us everyday, like the beautiful sunrise every morning or the birds' songs they sing. You then have a humble look on life and enjoy ...
    Most people try to find happiness in success, relationships, or money. No matter how successful a person gets in life, money or possessions can't give a person genuine happiness or fulfillment. The key to happiness is enjoying the moment you're in, and not waiting for work to be over or the week to be done. Look for the gifts God gives us everyday, like the beautiful sunrise every morning or the birds' songs they sing. You then have a humble look on life and enjoy the simple ...
    Most people go through their entire lives living through or for other people. What's the point of living if you're not really doing it for the person that supposed to matter the most to you? Truthfully this was literally myself until earlier this year. My entire life I've lived for other people and I've had to mold myself into something acceptable that society would like. For example,I was picked on and ridiculed alot in school. Day in and day out every year. It happened dai...
    At some points in my life, I felt like I did not want to do anything but lying lazily on my bed, covering myself with the warmth of the furry blanket, staring at either the ceiling or the clock, counting the minutes, and then asking myself, "What the hell am I doing? Why don't I get up and complete what should be completed?" For a while, all of my motivation and energy was gone unexpectedly for no reasons. The same is happening to me at this time. I have a video to complete, ...
    When I was in sixth grade, I liked a boy named Sam, and I believe these romantic feelings were reciprocated.At our first middle school dance, Sam came up to me and asked me to dance.Although my head and heart wanted to say yes, I said no. I went home that night pretty upset—upset at myself for saying no, upset at my shyness, my fear having nothing to say, scared of what yes would imply, what the future would hold. I was uncertain, and because of that I did not say yes, ...
    Second Chances: Lead to regret“Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them an extra bullet for their gun because they missed you the first time” (Anonymous). You never know what is going to happen if you give someone a second chance.Before you do, think about it first. Think about what’s going to happen if you do. Think about how long it will take you to forgive him or her, too. Most of all, think about if the person is really worth the second chance.I wis...
    Although I am appreciative towards those who had granted me a second chance during a time where I had unintentionally made a mistake and I have done the same towards several others by forgiving them, in certain situations, however, such as one intentionally hurting me or others, one not admitting to their mistakes and if the individual continues to make the same mistakes then I tend to not give them a second chance.Firstly, when some conduct action or behaviors to purposeful...
    A pint of spirit will change demeanor, bring confidence in diffident, shy bird and aid to perform that anyone is endeavouring and longing from ages, all these facts appeared worthy and plausible on the day ,a pint actually helped me to bale out. Let me explain this bale out, before i create any disappointments.It is nothing as exciting as Salman Khan's bail or Amma's bail , it is me bailing out from an aircraft,skydiving most of people would like to say it.The idea of dr...
    My ex an I have been divorced for less than a year. To say our marriage was horrible would be an understatement... My aunt was aware of this fact. I was extremely close to my grandfather and wanted this chance to relax an share stories with my extended family. My ex wife has stayed close to my aunt bonded by their common hatred of my mother who my aunt did not invite. My ex wife has refused to come to any of my side of the families function for over 6 years so she hasn't...
    I Hit the snooze button, a bit irritated by the sudden interruption. Just five more minutes,I told myself. Then it hit Me, The kids.I shouted as loud as I could, and then reached to the right side of my bed to shake my husband,so he wouldn't be late for work. The empty responses from my noisy children was a sure sign I was being ignored. Just as I was growing suspicious OF my husband absence,there was that annoying sound again. Only this time I didn't have five minutes. So I...
    So one of my relatives has this "boyfriend." Who she loves so much! But..he's psycho. He's lived half his life in prison and once he was free, he continued where he started before prison. Everything seems okay but it's not. My relative is in an abusive relationship, physically and mentally. I'm scared for her because she chooses not to see it. I finally stood up for her.. against him. But he knows where I live and said he was coming after me. Did I do the right thing?...
    Life is the most beautiful gift i have received so far. I know i am not perfect neither i will ever be but i will never give up being better than yesterday. Every life is hard but it does not mean we have to be hard. Life can be hard but we have ti try our best to make it simple. Everyday when i open my eyes, i feel grateful because i have been given one more day to live and to serve whoever i come across.I am on my own. I have no one to support me for my living, thank god i...
    When life gives you a dream so far beyond your expectations.It is not reasonable to cry when it comes to an end.I lived the life of a millionaire with money floating around me. I had friends or I at least thought I did.The thing is I was not the most loved person in my community everyone thought I was a spoiled kid (I was rich not spoiled).People never wanted me around their children, They never realized I was lonely.My parents never had other children after me they left...
    second chance is an opportunity to prove yourself. it is like a precious thing you have lost and getting it back again, but getting it back depends upon you whether you want it or losing it again by lethargic attitude or ill feeling.it is a magic happening in life but not always.actually, i dont believe in all these things but circumstances made me believe and realise what it is. even i got the chance once. Me and my friend were close friends. one day as myself and my fr...
    Moving house with all your possessions, furniture items and big heavy boxes is quite a journey, so the key for a better and smoother relocation is in the preparation. You should take your free time to organize everything in advance and should have plenty of time to supervise all that is going on throughout the moving day. It is recommended to compile a moving checklist, which should be similar and yet different from the inventory sheet. It comes to a checklist like a schedule...
    In every action we do, it always has the effects to ourselves and even in our society. We make changes; we accept the changes. It is a give-and-take process that has the results for ours, too. It can be good in nature or evil by choice. It is upon us if we are going to be the pioneer of the good or the evil in our society. As part of the life of every individual in this world, even adults or young ones, changes are inevitable and feasible. These may go into physical, mental,...
    If you’ve gone out to work before your child could actually walk, you will understand me. After year and a half being on maternity leave I decided to find a job. That wasn’t my desire to break out of a rut but rather necessity dictated by financial obstacles and costly childcare. But, in all fairness, I did want some change in my life that would throw me out of caravan of drab days full of household chores and babysitting.When I finally found a job, it seemed just what I ne...
    Do you believe in life after death?...
    Be the change... This three word phrase is such a big and heavy word to process uttered by my boss. I am currently working in a government school here in the Philippines. I am a newbie here. I am not familiar with the system yet. As days, weeks and months pass by, I am starting to see the real picture of the field I've chosen to serve. There are so many loopholes, flaws and imperfections that really demotivates me to become a better teacher. There were teachers who are seni...
    For society is always paving the way for science, finance etc. with the motive of 'betterment,' fooling all discerning into investing everything into them. These discerning aristocrats then further reward the multitude who are not as gulible to invest in the name of supposed betterment; with money. This is a further motive for even the thin remainder of thinkers and rationalists to invest their heart and soul into science, finance etc. A wise man once said, 'If everything i...
    Doing something in which we are not interested is like forcing a lion to transform into herbivorous animal. People often end up with either of two possibilities, one is to enjoy life by living it as per our own wishes and second thing to suppress our wishes and acts as per demands of situation. Both situation ultimately give personal,social and monetary satisfaction but the one who lives his life as he/she wants,steals the show.It all started in school when dancing aspect...
    We can change ourselves because we are always changing without even realizing it. As a man or women changes in their own shopping habits so does the attitudes of companies and corporations change to adapt. We need not to wait on our mother or loved one to change first rather become the first to change. I was sitting on the kitchen table at my grandmother’s house when my uncle said, “ You can cheat, You can eat meat on the weekends and still be vegetarian.” I stated Tio Juan, ...
    This Christmas our gift to our adult kids and their families was an overnight stay to an indoor water park. We have three sons and a nephew who Lost both of his parents. One son is married - it's his second marriage now of 5 plus years. Another son lives with a women who befriended the other son's ex wife after his divorce and after developing and moving in with my other son (I hope this makes since - as it's difficult to follow). This, of course, created hurt feelings on se...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com