Free Blogging Community for Married Couples

Married Couples Blog on StageofLife.com

Share a Story about Marriage.  Enter Marriage Writing Contest...

Stage of Life® is a free blogging community for married couples.  Get involved with our literacy mission:  Share your marriage stories, explore our marriage resources, fill out our marriage goal setting worksheet, or save money with our printable coupons and coupon codes for married couples.  Whether you're a newlywed or a have been married for 50 years, we look forward to reading your essays and hearing your thoughts about marriage!  Ger started now...

Enter StageofLife.com marriage writing contest Twitter Contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for married couples on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for couples:
September 2015

"Freedom of Speech"
Don't have time to blog today?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.
Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Best of our Bloggers

Recent Writing Contest Winners

Winning Essay WritersWinning Writing Contest EssaysBefore you scroll down to read the essays, stories, and blogs being submitted to StageofLife.com, let's celebrate the recent writing contest winners.  We select one essay each month from across all of the non-student life stages to win our monthly blogging contests

Basically...these winning essays are selected from all of you "grown-ups" out there writing on Stage of Life...

Past Writing Contest Winners

Married Stories

Tying the nuptial knot with the hope of eternal bliss is always expected by the bride and bridegroom even if it’s an arranged or love marriage. They dream of their future together and build it by layering it with happiness, wealth and most importantly kids as a symbol of their love and also for everlasting joy. However, what if a layer goes missing?  Everything does not turn out as we wish and it is never an obstacle to still go on in life. That’s what my beloved uncle ta...
Our brother passed away a few years ago. When he was alive we would visit him at his vacation home. Now that he's passed his girlfriend wants us to visit her and none of us feel comfortable, since it's not the same without him. I know she's trying to but when he was alive she wouldn't let him visit family a lot of the time and it really bothered him and us. Whenever a family occasion occurred he often came by himself because she was always too busy, and when she was out o...
I have had many teachers over the course of my life, but most of them have unfortunately had a negative impact on me. Though I have always been a good student, I also have a different way of learning and problems with paying attention. Most teachers write me off as strange or disruptive and never take the time to understand me. This is why my piano teacher, Mrs. Hadduck, has always been my favorite. She was the second of five piano teachers I had between first grade and my ...
So where to begin...... My wife and I have been married for almost two years but have been together for over 14 years. We just bought our first home and after much discussion we decided to take my grandmother in. She has lived on her own with all of my aunts paying her bills for some time now. She has always been rude and stubborn and it continues to be the case. She has taken over our house. She is very loud on the phone every night and invites family over with out aski...
I only heard her bark once. We were walking in the park and I heard a bark, so I looked around to see another dog. Sissy never did bark, but there she was, at my feet, with the hair on her back up, at this point growling. I peered into the trees to see what she could possibly be barking at. Then I realize that she must mean business, and I didn't want to find out what horrific animal, alien, or ghost was in the trees. We turned around and walked home. Sissy was a beauti...
“Ba-ding” goes the sound of my husband’s Facebook messenger, and I know the next sound to follow will be my husband’s groan. Why? Because I just sent him a link to the newest puppy I found for sale. I have wanted a puppy since we moved into our little rental home almost two years ago, but my husband has insisted that it’s simply impractical. And in all fairness, he’s absolutely right. We live in a rental and work long hours every day. Still, for me, a household is simply ...
My husband, Justin, and I have been animal lovers all our lives. I grew up around cats and fish, and he raised a few animals short of a domestic zoo: dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, and chinchillas rounded out his family. Together, as a couple, we’ve own two cats, a 14 year old orange tabby from my childhood named Peeps and a 2 year old long haired tortoiseshell ball of energy named Olivia.One of our most memorable animal moments, though, doesn’t involve our pets. Our ...
I have asked my wife not to tell other people how much money I make? Am i being unreasonable...
Temperatures dipped below freezing, and the first of twenty-nine snow falls arrived three weeks before winter. I’d always welcomed the shorter days and longer spans of indoor solitude that accompanied cold weather. However, my husband worshipped the sun and the outdoors; a match not made in heaven that resulted in winter being brutal in more ways than one. Just when we thought we’d never see the lawn again, daffodils surfaced with the delayed spring thaw, and April showe...
This weekend, my husband and I, along with two of our longest and closest friends, spent a day in Baltimore at the aquarium. Of course, this was not my first trip. Growing up in Maryland and North Virginia meant (almost) yearly class trips to the aquarium, where my classmates and I would press our faces to the glass and watch the fish swim. Even though I'm nearing 25, some things never change.Of course, some of the exhibits in the aquarium have definitely changed; the city ...
“Who’s going to take care of you when you get old?” Lisa asks me as we pretend we are working out at the gym. Dean and I have been married for two years now. Lisa has been married for four years and Lisa is trying to have her second kid. I am telling her again that Dean and I don’t want to have children, a concept that Lisa, and many other adults, can’t grasp.“I don’t think you should have a child to avoid paying for a retirement home,” I politely say back as I continu...
Even today almost 4 years after she passed away if you ask anyone in our family who was the best family chef the answer still remains the same - "BARDI". Bardi means Elder sister in Bengali. Although she was my maternal grandmother's elder sister she was universally called as Bardi by everyone.Be it the kids, the grandchildren or the great grand children. She was a widow at the young age of 25 and lived till the age of 90. Being a widower in India was a ve...
Aldous Huxley predicted in his 1932 dystopian book a society where traditional values have all but eroded and the value of life has decreased to the point of mass producing babies and constantly consuming pleasure-inducing drugs. Eight decades later, our society is seeing a similar pattern with Huxley’s society, where the intrinsic value of human life is slowly decreasing and we’re on a slippery slope where countries are gradually accepting policies that deg...
Happy marriage is every woman’s dream. A challenging one, in case of an arranged marriage. While it is difficult for the parents to find a suitable groom, it is beyond difficult for the woman to merely go through the entire phase.Having been brought up in a society that thought beauty is priority, fair is lovely, clear face is the dear face and so on, I had begun to feel jitterier than ever, after my graduation. Every stranger, relative and friend took a good look at my fac...
I was a somewhat nervous child. One of my best friends lived literally eight houses down the street, but a sleepover there still made my stomach churn with uncertainty. I played there all of the time with no problems, but something about the idea of being away overnight gave me pause. What was it that caused me so much hesitation? Looking back now, I suppose the fear hinged on the possibility that something would go wrong and my beloved mother would not be there to c...
she was beautiful. for the way she spoke, down to her intellectual thoughts. the way she loved him, noone understood. the passion that seaps through her, inspired by what she thought may be the most beautiful thing she has yet to come across. scared at first, she weighed out the pros and cons. she listed everything she had loved about this man, everything that he has done to inspire her. the list grew and grew until it over powered any negative thought of him at all! The only...
We adopted Bailey in the Summer of 2010 from the local shelter. Passing by cages and cages of beautiful dogs, all who looked like they needed a good home, it was Bailey who instantly sprang to lick my hand when I reached up to read her BIO. Bailey was a neglected and stray Pit Bull mix that had recently given birth. Her teats were dominant, the end of her tail and ears were feathered from being succumbed by fleas, and her figure was daunting to say the least. She was on the u...
You jump through hoops, you fight your way through battles, and winning that last fight is always your main goal. That is the life of an Olympic star and it is also the life of a married couple. You know, when I got married I didn’t imagine it to be this way. I truly did believe that by now I would have had white picket fence, a business man for a husband and the perfect boy and girl. I think I got the opposite. My husband is a crazy goofball who scratches at confusion when...
We all complain about time, especially in the morning when we are on-the-go, i have collected some of this recipes from my girl friends too, especially my Russian friend who is so busy ,she has little time for herself . she says she looks for the easiest fastest recipes especially in the morning, i had to look for easiest fast breakfast recipes because i had to start skipping breakfast which is totally unhealthy! and it reduces my performance because i will have to turn to ...
I don't read nearly as much as I used to. Months ago Mj was showing me all these free books I could get on Amazon. I found one I liked and then he didn't save it so he went searching for it and found it again. I don't know what the point was. I don't have a Kindle and chances are I wasn't going to go out and buy the book in the store. I should have known that he would make sure I'd get to read that book.I posted this pic on Instagram and got 17 likes. That's a lot of l...
I am a big fan of romantic movies, especially the straight breezy ones. I love watching them. I love the whole happy ending bit. I even read a lot of Mills & Boon. But hold on. I am no starry eyed romantic soul. On the contrary I am extremely practical and prefer a chilled out evening with TH watching “who wants to be a millionaire” and trying to outdo each other than doing the whole romantic conversation bit. So why do I like romantic movies and books? I think its because t...
When I met my husband, we were living in small apartments and both of us were prior homeowners. Our apartments deceptively kept secret the growing mounds of boxes, crates, car parts and outdoor gear in our three large storage units. In those storage units, the limits of daily functions were exceeded. For example, we had: • A bright yellow catamaran raft (once used to float down the Colorado River), and other river gear such as a portable potty (with a seat cover even);• ...
Being in a long-term relationship means you're already comfortable sharing your life with someone. You're comfortable with the idea of compromise, working together and communicating. But, as you settle into a long-term relationship, it's easy to reach a place where you both feel stagnant and complacent.Strive to take your relationship to the next level by giving back to your local community, volunteering globally and getting involved in enriching the lives of others. Not ...
The following is an interview I did with my sister-in-law via Facebook about life being married. I would like to thank her for all her honest answers which were probably not easy, knowing they would be posted online or that her husband’s little sister was asking the questions.Q: How long have you been married?A: My husband and I have been married since August 14, 2010, so 3 years.Q: How did you meet?A: We met in middle school. Chess club had started after school and I...
I am kind of overwhelmed to say the least because this is my first attempt at joining any kind of online writing site especially one which is open to public viewing ,but then now that i have taken the plunge here we go ...Let me tell you a little bit about myself .I am happiness anon( it’s a pseudonym of course) and I am writing to you all the way from India .I am an Indian by birth and lineage and I have lived all my life in this country .Its interesting to be in India i...
My goal in life in life is to have a good paying job and to have an wife also two kids. When I get out of high school. I would like to go to the military when I graduate high school. So that they can pay for my college. Also for they can make me a better man. They would teach me a lot of great things. I also can find my career in the military. So the military can start my life off great. When I get done with the college education. I would like to go find me a wife threw out t...
Mj and I have been together for five years and we have never had an argument. I can hardly even believe that myself. We don't always agree but we come from a similar enough starting point that it just works. We push and pull each other with just the right amount of force so that it never results in a verbal altercation. Our biggest issue is that he's on the messy side and I'm a neat freak who sometimes nags. If that's our biggest problem I figure we are doing something r...
My heart has left it dwelling place and can return no more" are always a catch. The reason why they are so expensive will be repeatedly enriched, explained and enhanced through many details such as store locations, store design and display, service attitude, product quality, publishing quality, etc. A motor should run smoothly, with no screeching noises. You can plan a day out and enjoy your heart's content with your friends. To ensure quality education every semester, there ...
Two months before my husband and I got married his boss told him that he was being relocated to a small town in the middle of NOWHERE. I have spent the last fifteen years living in large cities so for me this news was horrifying. We were leaving behind family, friends and everything that was safe and familiar. We were newlyweds living in a new city with no support system to rely on.The first day we lived in our new town we went to eat at a local restaurant. My husband grabb...
You’ve probably read about that statistic – your bedroom is where you spend a third of your life – 8 hours out of 24 each day. But your bedroom is more than just a place to doff down for the night. It is also your own personal sanctuary. Your sinecure for rest and relaxation and spending quality time with yourself or with that special someone. Create the right ambienceWhether you pick a traditional style, contemporary style or a minimalistic look for your bedro...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com