Free Blogging Community for Married Couples

Married Couples Blog on StageofLife.com

Share a Story about Marriage.  Enter Marriage Writing Contest...

Stage of Life® is a free blogging community for married couples.  Get involved with our literacy mission:  Share your marriage stories, explore our marriage resources, fill out our marriage goal setting worksheet, or save money with our printable coupons and coupon codes for married couples.  Whether you're a newlywed or a have been married for 50 years, we look forward to reading your essays and hearing your thoughts about marriage!  Ger started now...

Enter StageofLife.com marriage writing contest Twitter Contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for married couples on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for couples: Summer 2014

"YouTube in our Lives"
Don't have time to blog today?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.
Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Best of our Bloggers

Recent Writing Contests - Winners

Before you scroll down to read the essays, stories, and blogs being submitted to StageofLife.com, let's celebrate the recent writing contest winners.  We select one essay each month from across all of the non-student life stages to win our monthly blogging contest.  Basically...these winning essays are selected from all of you "grown-ups" out there writing on Stage of Life.
Enter Writing ContestsCURRENT 2014 Writing Contests - All Life Stages - ENTER NOW...

Writing contest winnerMarch 2014 Writing Contest Winner

Writing Prompt:  "How has mental illness impacted your life?
Winning Essay: March Madness: Alone by lauren820
National Press Release:  Pending

Writing contest winnerFebruary 2014 Writing Contest Winner

Writing Prompt:  "What is the meaning of the Olympic Spirit?"
Winning Essay: The Olympic Spirit: Go For the Gold by Aprillw
National Press Release:  View Stage of Life press release

Writing contest winnerJanuary 2014 Writing Contest Winner

Writing Prompt:  "What are your hopes & fears for the new year?"
Winning Essay: Dear Peanut: I hope you never know by Melcol92

Writing Contest WinnersPAST CONTEST WINNERS:  Find the list of our writing contest winners on our Writing Contest Winners page.

Married Stories

We adopted Bailey in the Summer of 2010 from the local shelter. Passing by cages and cages of beautiful dogs, all who looked like they needed a good home, it was Bailey who instantly sprang to lick my hand when I reached up to read her BIO. Bailey was a neglected and stray Pit Bull mix that had recently given birth. Her teats were dominant, the end of her tail and ears were feathered from being succumbed by fleas, and her figure was daunting to say the least. She was on the u...
You jump through hoops, you fight your way through battles, and winning that last fight is always your main goal. That is the life of an Olympic star and it is also the life of a married couple. You know, when I got married I didn’t imagine it to be this way. I truly did believe that by now I would have had white picket fence, a business man for a husband and the perfect boy and girl. I think I got the opposite. My husband is a crazy goofball who scratches at confusion when...
We all complain about time, especially in the morning when we are on-the-go, i have collected some of this recipes from my girl friends too, especially my Russian friend who is so busy ,she has little time for herself . she says she looks for the easiest fastest recipes especially in the morning, i had to look for easiest fast breakfast recipes because i had to start skipping breakfast which is totally unhealthy! and it reduces my performance because i will have to turn to ...
I don't read nearly as much as I used to. Months ago Mj was showing me all these free books I could get on Amazon. I found one I liked and then he didn't save it so he went searching for it and found it again. I don't know what the point was. I don't have a Kindle and chances are I wasn't going to go out and buy the book in the store. I should have known that he would make sure I'd get to read that book.I posted this pic on Instagram and got 17 likes. That's a lot of l...
I am a big fan of romantic movies, especially the straight breezy ones. I love watching them. I love the whole happy ending bit. I even read a lot of Mills & Boon. But hold on. I am no starry eyed romantic soul. On the contrary I am extremely practical and prefer a chilled out evening with TH watching “who wants to be a millionaire” and trying to outdo each other than doing the whole romantic conversation bit. So why do I like romantic movies and books? I think its because t...
When I met my husband, we were living in small apartments and both of us were prior homeowners. Our apartments deceptively kept secret the growing mounds of boxes, crates, car parts and outdoor gear in our three large storage units. In those storage units, the limits of daily functions were exceeded. For example, we had: • A bright yellow catamaran raft (once used to float down the Colorado River), and other river gear such as a portable potty (with a seat cover even);• ...
Being in a long-term relationship means you're already comfortable sharing your life with someone. You're comfortable with the idea of compromise, working together and communicating. But, as you settle into a long-term relationship, it's easy to reach a place where you both feel stagnant and complacent.Strive to take your relationship to the next level by giving back to your local community, volunteering globally and getting involved in enriching the lives of others. Not ...
The following is an interview I did with my sister-in-law via Facebook about life being married. I would like to thank her for all her honest answers which were probably not easy, knowing they would be posted online or that her husband’s little sister was asking the questions.Q: How long have you been married?A: My husband and I have been married since August 14, 2010, so 3 years.Q: How did you meet?A: We met in middle school. Chess club had started after school and I...
I am kind of overwhelmed to say the least because this is my first attempt at joining any kind of online writing site especially one which is open to public viewing ,but then now that i have taken the plunge here we go ...Let me tell you a little bit about myself .I am happiness anon( it’s a pseudonym of course) and I am writing to you all the way from India .I am an Indian by birth and lineage and I have lived all my life in this country .Its interesting to be in India i...
My goal in life in life is to have a good paying job and to have an wife also two kids. When I get out of high school. I would like to go to the military when I graduate high school. So that they can pay for my college. Also for they can make me a better man. They would teach me a lot of great things. I also can find my career in the military. So the military can start my life off great. When I get done with the college education. I would like to go find me a wife threw out t...
Mj and I have been together for five years and we have never had an argument. I can hardly even believe that myself. We don't always agree but we come from a similar enough starting point that it just works. We push and pull each other with just the right amount of force so that it never results in a verbal altercation. Our biggest issue is that he's on the messy side and I'm a neat freak who sometimes nags. If that's our biggest problem I figure we are doing something r...
My heart has left it dwelling place and can return no more" are always a catch. The reason why they are so expensive will be repeatedly enriched, explained and enhanced through many details such as store locations, store design and display, service attitude, product quality, publishing quality, etc. A motor should run smoothly, with no screeching noises. You can plan a day out and enjoy your heart's content with your friends. To ensure quality education every semester, there ...
Two months before my husband and I got married his boss told him that he was being relocated to a small town in the middle of NOWHERE. I have spent the last fifteen years living in large cities so for me this news was horrifying. We were leaving behind family, friends and everything that was safe and familiar. We were newlyweds living in a new city with no support system to rely on.The first day we lived in our new town we went to eat at a local restaurant. My husband grabb...
You’ve probably read about that statistic – your bedroom is where you spend a third of your life – 8 hours out of 24 each day. But your bedroom is more than just a place to doff down for the night. It is also your own personal sanctuary. Your sinecure for rest and relaxation and spending quality time with yourself or with that special someone. Create the right ambienceWhether you pick a traditional style, contemporary style or a minimalistic look for your bedro...
You faced the financial crisis and do not know what to do? This is quite a stressful situation, because in spite of all this you have to pay bills, buy food and have cash for little expenses. Of course you can not affect the economic situation in the country, but you can take some simple steps to protect your future and survive the hard times. Let's look at the main options which can afford us to cope with the financial crisis.Assess the situationFirst of all, do not ...
I never thought I would ever use the words “necessary evil” and “date night” in the same sentence. After all, a necessary evil is something that you do not like, but which you know must exist or happen. But who doesn’t like date night?…Apparently, some couples don’t.A few months ago, I came across an article that talked about how date night can be tedious and often stressful for some married couples, in particular parents. Date night became more of a routine they felt th...
The old saying is that youth is wasted on the young. Fortunately, I was given a gift of a little wisdom at any early age as I actually listened to my elder's advice. In fact, I solicited the advice. I recall asking my grandfather what advice he would give me for financial success. He told me to be a big fish in a little pond.As I look back, I see I followed his advice. I became a well-known author and speaker to a small niche of people (financial advisors) and was even hi...
My Mother told me a story once when I was a young girl. A story that even as a young child carried so much weight into how I saw the world and the people in them. She had just gotten married at the mere age of 18 to a man she hardly knew; a man she had only seen around town but never had formally met. She finally spoke a few words to him on their wedding night and moved into his family home, one that occupied his older brother and his own family, complete with 5 sons and 4 da...
This is a True Story about my cell phone getting knocked into a concrete footing, just told in a really creative way!...
I grew up in a very racially homogenous country. I remember learning about other races in school but have not really seen a person of a different race up close until I went abroad when I was 14. Croatia is not homogenous only in terms of skin color of its population, but also in terms of religion. Despite that, I was always taught, both in school and at home, that humans are humans no matter the color of their skin, their origin, language, religion, education, social class…...
I don't know anyone married yet, other than adults, but I do personally know a few people that are engaged. I think, for the purposes of this blog post, I can kind of switch out "married" with "engaged."People don't like to admit that change happens, they really don't. A lot of people actively go out and seek change in their life, others don't, but the part where people really hate to admit is that they have personally changed at one point or another. I was always one of th...
Which type of couple are you? Are you the couple who is happily floating along in their relationship? The couple who rarely disagrees and rarely argues? Perhaps you are the couple who is swimming against the current all the time. The couple who finds disagreements and arguments a way of life. Or perhaps, you are the couple who falls somewhere in-between. Most of the time you are happily floating along together, but there are still other times when you struggle against a s...
The British drama, Downtown Abbey, this season’s new passion for television, tells the story of the privileged family of the Earl of Grantham and of his retinue of servants. It is 1920 and the cash-strapped Earl is married to Cora, a super-rich American. With the arrival of her mother, Martha Levinson, we realize that Cora is Jewish and that their union rescued the magnificent property where the Earl was born and hopes to die. A self-confessed fortune hunter, he again needs a...
A sense of urgency has come over me since moving Whitney, our youngest child, to UW-Whitewater. I’m not sick or anything serious like that; I’m merely getting old. Think about it like a bell; the bottom edge of the bell represents my school years and the role of daughter, half way up the side represents dating and marriage and the role of wife, and the top of the bell represents the childrearing years, the role of mom. I’ve moved over to the opposite of the bell; I’m back ...
I never thought I would be hooked on “The Bachelor”. The show is in its 17th season and for the last 16 seasons I’ve gone out of my way to change the channel whenever I came across it. I don’t know why, but I’ve always felt the show to be too choreographed to be reality. Is it really possible to have all that drama over one guy?Apparently so! And now, I am officially obsessed with this seasons’ show with Sean and all that drama! So is my husband—maybe ev...
I didn’t realize turning 22 also meant graduating from college in May and possibly living on my own in the near future. Not to mention, I haven’t even begun to notice the time I’ve put into my relationship. Going on two years, this has become my first long-term relationship in four years of college. But with everything coming so soon, does that mean something else should be expected in the future as well?It has been difficult for me to focus on graduating and seeing people ...
I’ve been married to my husband Josh for over two years now & I never tire of telling people “our story” – the way we met & our whirlwind romance leading us down the aisle. I blog at www.andreaeverhart.com if you’d like read more about our life together.Josh & I grew up in the same small town in little ol’ Adams County, Pennsylvania, & we attended the same small rural school. (To give you a frame of reference, my graduating class consisted of 90 students.) Our paths cross...
Hello All,Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on a...
Why do we call ladies bitches and sluts in songs or even in general conversations......Ladies you are more than that your intellegent smart and independent,for sure a man gonna need his wife to cook for them.Ladies you dont have to wear all ther makeup to look good your gold live like it...
Everyone deals with struggles in life, things that happen which are out of our control. What is most important is how you confront these life struggles. Do you continue to live your life being miserable or do you take control, find your voice, and persevere? I, like all people in life, had my share of struggles. My biggest one was my battle with infertility. I call this a battle because the process was both physically exhausting and emotionally debilitating.My body had fa...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Target.com, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...
Discount at Target.com on StageofLife.com Discount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com