Quotes about Home Ownership

Homeowner QuotesQuotes about Home Ownership

Stage of Life Editors have searched for the best quotes about home ownership.  Some of the quotes are funny and others are touching. As the famous quote from Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz goes, "There's no place like home," and we hope you enjoy these quotes about owning a home. 

Contact StageofLife.com with a Quote about Homeownership

If you have a quote about home ownership to share, Contact Us along with the source so we can post it here on our Quotes about home ownership.

Our Favorite Quotes about Home Ownership

Quotations about home ownership:

Quotes about home

“Home is the nicest word there is.”

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Quotes about home

"I wonder if it will be—can be—any more beautiful than this,’ murmured Anne, looking around her with the loving, enraptured eyes of those to whom ‘home’ must always be the loveliest spot in the world, no matter what fairer lands may lie under alien stars.”

L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

Quotes about home

“The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”

Maya Angelou

Quotes about home

"True Hospitality is welcoming the stranger on her own terms. This kind of hospitality can only be offered by those who’ve found the center of their lives in their own hearts.”

Henri Nouwen

Quotes about home

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."

Edith Sitwell

Home Quote

"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."

Mitch Hedberg (1968 - 2005)

Quotes about Home
“If I were asked to name the chief benefit of the house, I should say: the house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace.”

Gaston Bachelard

Quotes about Home

“There is something permanent, and something extremely profound, in owning a home.”

Kenny Guinn

Quotes about Home

“The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”

Maya Angelou

Quotes about Home Ownership

"Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home."

Bill Cosby

Quotes about Home Ownership

"The physician can bury his mistakes, but the architect can only advise his client to plant vines - so they should go as far as possible from home to build their first buildings."

Frank Lloyd Wright (1869 - 1959)

New York Times, October 4, 1953

Quotes about Home Ownership

"A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself."

Louis L'Amour (1908 - 1988), 'Bendigo Shafter'

Quotes about Home Ownership

"A good home must be made, not bought."

Joyce Maynard, "Domestic Affairs"

Quotes about Home Ownership

"What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?"

Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

Quotes about Home Ownership

"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it."

Ellen Goodman

Quotes about Home Ownership

"A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882),

Society and Solitude: Works and Days, 1870

Quotes about Home Ownership

"We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police."

Jeff Marder

Suggest a Quote about Home Ownership

Have a quote about home ownership to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information.