My Hero Is Todd Beamer

senior11!
My hero is a man who paid the ultimate sacrifice to show what it truly means to be a hero. Todd beamer was one the passengers on Flight 93 that took over the plane the stop the terrorists plots against the United States of America. Todd Beamer didn’t have any superpowers and didn’t have any special training for situations as the one he was put in. Todd Beamer just knew what had to done to prevent something else tragic from happening on that fateful day of September 11, 2001. He exemplifies the meaning of courage, bravery and overall selflessness. If it wasn’t for Todd beamer and his brave actions September 11th would’ve been worse and more devastating.

Todd Beamer was an ordinary human being just as us with a normal life. He had two kids David and Drew Beamer, and his wife Lisa Beamer. Environmental lawyer Alan Beaven arranges to take Flight 93 to San Francisco the day before 9/11, as he is duty-bound to go there to help settle a case after talks have just broken down. Todd Beamer would normally have flown the night of September 10, as he has a business meeting scheduled for later in the day of 9/11. But he delays his flight, as he wants some time with his children after returning from a trip to Italy. Todd Beamer entered the plane that day feeling as if it would just another plane ride not realizing that day he would become a hero in the eyes of so many Americans across the country. Todd Beamer before his course of action to take the plane had been talking to customer service supervisor Lisa Jefferson, through their conservation Todd Beamer remained calm and answered all her questions in serene manner now relaxing how severe the situation was at the time.

Todd Beamer grew as a human being that day. No one really knows what went through Todd’s mind that day, all we know is that he knew that if he didn’t stand up and do something the terrorist would’ve done as they pleased but thanks to Todd Beamer and the other passengers of Flight 93 they didn’t. Todd and Lisa stayed on the phone with each other for approximately thirteen minutes. Before Todd got off the phone he asked Lisa recite psalms 23 with him. As the other passengers began to put their plan into effect Todd Beamer sat the phone down, Lisa continued to listened, the last words she heard from Todd Beamer was “Let’s Roll!”. In my JROTC room as soon as you enter there is a banner hanging from the roof it says in red,white,and blue colors “Todd Beamer Let’s Roll!”. I read it every day, its reminds me of the ultimate sacrifice that was made September 11,2001.

The whole country stopped the tragic day of September 11, 2011. Many people’s lives were lost that day, 1 of those of lives lost was that off American hero Todd Beamer. He is and will always be my hero, his courage, bravery, and selflessness just blows me away. He knew what was on the line and stood up with the other passengers for what they all believed. Todd Beamer is the true definition of what it means to be a TRUE AMERICAN HERO.