Enter National Teen Writing Contest here...

Enter Writing Contest

After over half a decade as a multi-generational, international writing contest, has ended its writing competitions.

"Say it isn't so!"

It's unfortunately so.  As grew into a global writing destination, the coordination of managing a free international writing contest became too time intensive for the website's owners, esp. as traffic grew to nearly 1,000,000 visitors per year.  So starting on Sept. 1, 2016, ended the writing contest portion of its content.

However, we are now actively looking for new owners of who may want to carry on the mission of helping to change the world, one story at a time.  If you know someone (or a company) who may be interested in taking to the next level, we can share details around the opportunity.  Please send an email to our owners (use the Contact Us form) if there's interest to acquire the website.

But in the meantime, there's still plenty to see and do here - just check out the various links and menus on the page as we continue to focus on building out the content around the following information for each stage of life...
  • Etiquette
  • Statistics
  • Videos
  • Quotations
  • Coupons
  • And more
Past Annual Writing Contest Results:  While the energy and time to carry on the  writing contests has come to a close, you can view summary reports and read the winners' essays from the past monthly contests on our Writing Contest Winners page.  Tens of thousands of people have submitted essays since we started the contest.  Our editorial team has been grateful for all of the wonderful submissions shared over the years - words and stories that have helped us change the world, one story at a time.

Sincerely, owners Eric & Rebecca Thiegs and Joe & Lisa Thiegs

Questions:  Contact Us

Stage of Life update

Past Writing Contests

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month. is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.