Recommended Books for High School Students

Top Books to read before graduatingTop Books to Read Before Graduation

We wanted to take a close look at what teens are reading...or better yet...should be reading to make them well-rounded citizens. 

These books below were selected for their timeless themes, variety of narration, impact for discussion, and the simple fact that the characters become a part of your life for the rest of your life.  Are there missing books on this list?  Well come on, of course!  But these were 10 that stood out in a quick poll of our Editorial Team as we sat around the StageofLife.com conference room table brainstorming and fighting about the top 10 books to read before graduation.

Comment below – Share your thoughts and suggestions in our comment box.

Recommended Books to Read Before I Graduate...

#1:  Catcher in the Rye

by J.D. Salinger

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#2:  The Hunger Games

by Suzanne Collins

#3:  The Perks of Being a Wallflower

by Stephen Chbosky

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#4:  To Kill a Mockingbird

by Harper Lee

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#5:  Jane Eyre

by Charlotte Bronte

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#6:  Of Mice and Men

by John Steinbeck

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#7: 1984

by George Orwell

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#8:  The Book Thief

by Marcus Zusak

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#9:  Tuesdays with Morrie

by Mitch Albom

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#10:  One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

by Ken Kesey

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#11:  Maus and Maus II

by Art Spiegleman

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#12: The Bluest Eye

by Toni Morrison

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

#13: Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead

by Ayn Rand

"Buy From BN.com" button 90x28 "2

Recommended books for teens to read before they graduate

Want More?:  Looking for more good books to read before you graduate?  Check out the Stage of Life Book Blog.

Have a book to suggest for this list?  Contact us.

Tell us what you think...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Target.com, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...
Discount at Target.com on StageofLife.com Discount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com