Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students:
  April | May 2016
"Secret of Happiness"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

The radio plays loudly; an even louder trio of off-key voices perform the lead, backup singers, and instrumental. Heavy footsteps run up and down the stairs and inquiries are shouted out about missing clothes. Pots clang on the stove, spoons are dropped, and occasionally there is a sharp laugh. I can hear all of this going on in the far upstairs corner where my room is located, even with my door firmly shut and my Spotify playing. Suddenly, I hear what are often the best word...
The secret of happiness is letting all the negativity go. It's important to not be bound by bitterness and stay positive in your life. If something bad happens, we are left with a choice to either let the bitterness consume us, or rise above and over come the adversity. When going with the second option it is when one finds happiness. It's not so much that there is a hush hush secret to happiness as there is a choice that many people don't want to make. Happiness is a choice ...
The Secret to Happiness: Choices In the past few years I’ve discovered one very harsh truth; everyone is searching for a guide on how to live a perfect life. I could validate my point easily with the help of a search engine called “Google.” It wasn’t until the “World Wide Web” came to exist in 1989 that the Internet has became an easily accessible network. In many ways, I believe that Google has become a lifeline for a lo...
The Secret of Happiness: World PeaceWhat is the secret of happiness? That question has been around since the world began. Many different theories have been proposed to attempt to answer this question, but a final answer has yet to appear. However, in my opinion, the true secret of happiness is World Peace. This is because World Peace would erase International conflicts, allow for world trade, and ensure the safety of all. Happiness can be insured by World Peace because it...
The Secret of Happiness: Do What You Want to Do People always come across a struggle in life and im talking about everybody in the world. They come across this thing called not being happy and they are always trying to find a way to become happier in everyday life. There are allot of things that can make someone happy whether its driving your car fast or riding your bike dangerously. You can be sad even if you are doing those things. Most people are sad or not happy because ...
The Secret of Happiness: Filibustering Happiness is such a controversial topic to discuss. I mean we all heard the saying, “Money doesn’t buy happiness,” and that is one-hundred percent the truth. However, there still stands the question of “then what is happiness?”. The definition of the root word is feeling or showing pleasure or contentment. This is itself already provides the key factor in solving this riddle. What is more optimal in the production of satisfaction with...
We all have different answers to the question “How many friends do you have?” because we all have different view of who friends are. Some people would call “friend” anyone they like. I like a lot of people, but I don’t consider them as my friends because I don’t have the opportunity to talk a lot with them. I like to have a couple of good friends and be really close with one or two of them. True friends, reliable and stable relationships are my secret to happiness. There ar...
What does it mean to be happy? Appreciating life? Self-Indulgence? Physical pleasure? Many of us live our lives searching for contentment, endlessly seeking fulfillment of our desires, be it knowledge, wealth, friendship, romance or entertainment. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy.” –Charles Spurgeon. “Happiness” comes from our experiences, and is dependent on how we choose to shape our desires. While happiness may be contingent on “how much we enjoy”, what...
Amanda CastilloStage of LifeWriting ContestMay 1, 2016The Secret of Happiness: Self Love Happiness comes from many places, your family, your friends, your favorite hobby, or your favorite book the list is endless with infinite amount of possibilities. What my secret to happiness is, self love. Loving one’s self from the inside out makes your outlook on life brighter and better which automatically makes you a happier person and if you are a happier person the people arou...
It seems like the people who are truly happy are the ones who understand that pain will always be a part of life. I know from person experience that something bad will always happen. It doesn’t have to be large, it could be something as simple as bad traffic or low phone battery. The only way we can truly get past this is just accepting that something bad has happened and then try and fix it. If you look around, it seems like the people who are truly happy are the ones who mo...
I have had my fair share of needing forgiveness and forgiving but is there a time when you have to ask yourself: Is it worth forgiving? Sometimes somebody will mess up, apologize, and that will be the end of it, but then there are some people who will take your forgiveness for granted and walk all over you because they know you’ll just forgive them. If they just keep hurting you over and over again they aren’t really worth forgiving. I had this friend that would just fight ...
Ever since I was a young child, I have always found happiness in athletics. No matter how serious the sport or activity. Whether it was elementary school kickball games, or pickup basketball games at the park, I have always loved to compete. As I got older I fell in love with two of my favorite sports: Football and Boxing. I learned the sport of boxing at a very young age. My father was an ex-professional boxer and currently still a boxing coach, so it was only natural for ...
Happiness to me is everybody’s goal in life. Everyone wants to be happy in some way, shape, or form. For some people, the smallest things can make their day and for others something larger must happen to please them. My interpretation is somewhere in the middle. I believe that the secret of happiness comes down to simply not restricting yourself.I find happiness mostly in sports and my social life and the same can most likely be said for all teenagers. That being said, I pus...
Happiness is the whole goal in life in my opinion. Life is very short and I believe that living your life just for money as opposed to doing what makes you happy is a miserable way to live. I do everything I can to feel happy. If you were too ask me what makes me happy I couldn’t just tell you one thing. WHat I can tell you is that not getting hung up on things is a major key to being happy. I call it “Just shrugging it off”. I live a happy live by this is because I do not ...
Teddy Medina5/1/16MacvayStage Of LifeThe Secret of Happiness: Do what you loveYou cannot measure the amount of happiness in one's life. You also can't purchase or steel happiness. Happiness is not a physical possession for more of a spiritual. Everyone wants to be happy but yet Not everyone can achieve their goals of being happy. Personally I do not think that happiness is something that can be bought or measured. Sure a new Xbox or new new piece of technology will tem...
“It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.”-Charles Spurgeon Happiness is something that “everyone” should strive for. Happiness is what makes us feel “complete” and makes us feel good with ourselves. Happiness in people is achieved in different ways. In my “eyes” the “secret to happiness” is, staying positive, giving to others, not being envious and enjoying what you have been blessed with. This things can be used as the “key to unl...
Melissa DiGiorgio The Secret of Happiness: Age is Just a Number I may volunteer at a nursing home with residents many years older than me, but age is not a factor in the awesome connections I share with the residents. Every week, when I come to the nursing home to play bingo with them, I can’t help but feel happy, seeing them have fun when they play the game. After we play, I bring some of the people back to their rooms. I look forward ev...
All throughout my life, I wasn’t the most athletic kid, because I couldn’t find a sport I really enjoyed. Then freshman year hit for me. I am an art, music and history kid in school, but never really and athlete. One cold, normal winter afternoon at the high school, suddenly changed my life forever. My friend told me to go fencing one day. He’s like if you go to a certain club, you can make the team. So, I joined him. That evening we went out for sushi, and headed for the fen...
I am a young teenager inn the middle of a tough time in almost everyone’s life. But to me I am happy mostly all the time in my life. Happiness is the best feeling in the world to me it is just the best thing to ever experience. There are very many things that make me happy, but at the top of my list for sure are sports. Sports are what make me the happiest. I play a lot of the sports. At my school I am a two-sport athlete and when I am out there play those sports I am most h...
Pizza with sausage, no matter how Charlie Brown may disagree, is not the secret of happiness. It’s a nice thought, sure, a simple (and delicious) solution for all of the world’s problems. But grabbing a slice or two from Luciani’s wouldn’t stop pain and sorrow from being felt. Of course, I cannot blame young Charles for his inaccuracy, as no child can or should comprehend the secret to achieving happiness -- that should happen naturally, instinctively. He was onto something, ...
Dear CNHS,You raised me, sheltered me, loved me and guided me when I wasn’t quite sure who I was or where I was going.At eleven years old I packed my little satchel with everything that mattered to me—every item of stationary imaginable, and notebooks I thought would define the girl I would become. I put on my biggest smile and opened the door.I was tiny, the staircases were chaotic, and the faces and voices of other students terrifying, but I trusted that you would ...
In order to become truly happy, we must learn to embrace all aspects of ourselves. Mere acceptance is not enough. Happiness in its purest form happens when we love every part of ourselves. When I was younger, I was like a chameleon. Constantly shifting and changing to fit what I thought others would want from me. My mother forced me into wearing makeup, and one Saturday morning she even chastised me for not putting on any makeup before we went to the grocery store. I...
The secret of happiness is to search instead for joy. Happiness comes in different ways whether it’s a good grade, buying a cute dress, or getting the night off work. The thing is, happiness depends on things that can easily change. If we want to be happy, we should search for joy. Joy is lasting and substantial while happiness can change at the drop of a dime. For me, joy can be found in summer drives with a car full of friends and none of us really sure where we’re heading....