Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students: April 2014

"Teenagers in Love Writing Contest"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.  And don't forget to submit your story for our current writing contests for students!
Current 2014 Writing Contests for High School and College Students...

Teen Writing Contest Details

Winning Teen EssayJanuary 2013 Writing Contest Winner
Essay Prompt:  "What are your hopes and fears for 2014?"
Winning Essay: Dear Me: Living in the present is more beautiful than you could ever imagine by evanscd
National Press Release - 88% of Teens Feel They Have the Power to Make a Difference in the World, Reports StageofLife.com Per its International Writing Contest

Winning Teen EssayDecember 2013 Writing Contest Winner
Essay Prompt:  "Where has civility gone?"
Winning Essay: Not the Same as Respect by euiyoung.kim.509
National Press Release - 92% of Teens Say Social Media is Creating a Less Civil Society, Reports StageofLife.com

Past Writing Contest WinnersPAST CONTEST WINNERS:  Find past writing contest winners, runner's up, and finalists in our Teen Trend Reports and Writing Contest Archive.

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

I’ve always considered myself a pretty sensible person. Practical, careful, straight-forward. I am a believer in love – but true love, deep love, the kind that lasts a lifetime. None of these silly high school flirtationships. I’ve seen the unfavorable results of high school relationships. Parental complications, for one – and those never bode well for my friends. Awkwardness, jealousy, heartbreak, drama… Get in a relationship in high school, and you just seem to make things ...
I see his face above the crowd across the sea of mindlessly wandering people; I catch my mouth curling upwards into a beaming smile as we lock eyes. His glowing presence out shines the shadows of the unknown and the stress lurking around my mind. How can one person have the overwhelming presence to change my mood? Something lies behind the emotions, something deeper than joy itself that makes his presence unique- no, it is not magic. That powerful force is known as love. ...
Teenagers in love: Love is love There was a time when I thought that love in high school was silly. Stupid, really. I used to say "Love? You don't even know what love is." I didn't think I knew what love was. How do you know when you know what love is? But I can tell you now, I know. Ya, I'm young, but I know things. Things like what love is. Because love is love, and you know it when you've got it. You know how you see something, maybe for the first time, and your ...
What is love really? I used to think that love was a state of mind, something that consumes all your thoughts and emotions, now at the ripe old age of 18, going on 19, feeling that I simply must know everything that there is to know about the world and everything on it, I can confidently say that I only think I know what love is. Let me explain, being as young as I am and being in what I can only say is a relationship that I want my marriage to be like, I can only guess, wher...
Teenage loveWhat is Love?April Blog In High School all people ever talk about how there “In Love”. Do they even know what being in love is? Well, I certainly do. I love a lot of people, friends, family, etc… but I never really actually been “In love”. Yes, I have had girlfriends here and there, but the reason why they ended so quickly is because they said they are “In Love with me”. That was in middle school. I know your probably thinking why the heck they would say that ...
Teenagers are falling in love at such a young age. Do they really know what they’re getting themselves into? I see and also hear all about these stories’ being a teenage student at high school every day. The teenagers in love are doing stupid things just to be with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Going behind their parents and being with there love when there really not supposed to be out with them. Kids lying and saying there going out with their friends but really actually...
Why me? I often wonder to myself. Why can't my brain wait until I'm older and more prepared to fall for that one boy? That one boy that once he had my heart could control me completely why now, when I'm a 15 year old as fragile as a butterflies wing. I've become astonished by everything about him. His hazel glimmering eyes. His hair, oh his soft luxurious hair. The smile, I mean, the smile alone. He is perfect, in every single way and I'm scared, so very scared, one person h...
“It was never over, it still isn’t over”…. These lines reverberated in my ears, Noah passionately kisses Allie and they make love to each other. The perfect love story which leaves behind a lasting impact on your mind. You’re left with the reminiscences of your first love blossoming in your heart like an immaculate lotus flower. Yes, I was watching ‘The Notebook’, when suddenly my phone rang- ‘I am sorry, I’m really a mess right now… Undone Undone…’. I am still listening to t...
Do not be deceived by his charming smile or gentlemanly manners. He may open the door for you, he may get along well with your dad and seem just flawless. Be careful, reader- for this behavior is deceptive. If he is a boy, the truth is he is simply not as flawless as you believe. It all started back in December... back when I believed I could share the rest of my life with him.He was perfect- Blond hair, blue eyes, loved Jesus and said he loved me, too. His intentions were a...
What does “I love you” truly mean? That one little statement can mean so much. I met this guy during spring playing softball, we slowly started talking to each other and we really started to understand each other, we became really good friend by summer. Then we were constantly by each other hanging out, playing softball and going to tournament with each other. I was starting to fall in love with him, it was really fast so I tried to make sure I really was in love with him. On...
January the 21st 2014 was a Tuesday. I woke up really early and got ready for the best day of my whole life. At 9AM my Aunties Boyfriend picked me up from Sydney Lakeside Holiday Park in Narrabeen and we left for a great day. While we were in the car I felt like I was going to faint because I was so excited! We got to Palm Beach at about 10AM and as we were driving to park I saw 3 of the home and away cast. I kept screaming in the car and thinking I was going to pass out. Tha...
I remember how great it felt to be around him, like existing never meant anything until we came together—both atoms in our bodies vivacious, igniting simply by the completed presence of one another. He was flame where I was candle wax, and being around him melted me—his brown hair, his green eyes and his stupid smirk—just one glance could light my body on fire. How dangerous it seemed to be around someone so lethal: a thief who could steal my heart and continue to make my...
As a writer, every idea I think up is as important to me as the air I breathe. Sometimes it comes to me before sleep or on the school bus; the brilliant ones always come during those transient moments. But as suddenly as they appear, my ideas tend to vanish just as quickly. In fact, the brain is my bet for the worst recordkeeper of all time; my thoughts are about as safe with its storage as money is with banks. Less I run the risk of losing a potential story topic, I make sur...
Growing up, I only had friends that were guys. I went to a private school, MJDS, and my grade only had 28 kids in it and all of the other girls just wanted to play with dolls or play dress up, and I didn’t. I wanted to run outside and get dirty so naturally I gravitated toward guys more, especially at a young age. I had two best friends; we were an unstoppable group of little wide-eyed six years. Then, an unseen hand reached in a pulled me out of MJDS and put me into a ...
I love walking around the mall and seeing all the new prom dresses in the window. All of the girls shopping with their friends and moms are adorable. It brings those flashbacks of my own prom night. Like every other student I was excited for the last get together before we all went our separate ways. I had graduated in January 2008 and shortly after my mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The day before my prom my mom was scheduled to go in for the whipple procedure whic...
"I saw him standing there. He was with his friends, I with mine. He looked beautiful as always. I was having a bad hair day. I walked past him, trying to laugh and smile as exuberant as possible. I wanted him to see me, to perhaps glance my way, to show some hint of recognition. Nothing. As I walked past, his eyes never meandered from his friends. Or did they? Perhaps I saw him glance my way. Was that a smile I saw? Perhaps he was also trying to get my attention by hav...
Dear ___________, Where do I begin? You’ll probably never even see this, considering it’s in my journal and I’d sooner cut off my left hand then show it to anybody. But maybe that’s for the best. This letter is like signing a yearbook, I think. It has always been easier to write what I feel than to say it, out loud. Here, I can choose my words carefully, list a few fond memories, add in some best wishes, and then spend five minutes deciding whether to put “Love” or “S...
I'm more than halfway through my internship at Stage of Life and I wanted to update everyone on what I've been up to. I am lucky enough to help manage our social media accounts so I'll take you through the changes and updates of each one. Sharing Photos on SOL Instagram account is also a submission to our Photo contests. If you want to share a photo with the account direct message or use the hashtag #stageoflife. We post pictures of our winning entry as well. If your're new ...
We will travel, drawn by deep desire.We will bring maps, or write our own from stars.Marvel in beauty, constant inspire,Dreams and words will mingle, finally ours. You and I will dance in foreign cities,Under a familiar golden sun.The art of the earth, laughing in lilies. Adventures become a fairy tale one. With a compass and our wanderlust hearts,Lavishing the world where ever we are.This wondrous sojourn, our love imparts. Seeing new culture from near and from ...
Most of what we know about love as children comes from fairytales. The intrepid Prince Charming fights malignant witches and terrifying dragons to come to your rescue. When he finally reaches you, he is still impeccably dressed, with not a scratch or smudge of dirt on his face, but of course that’s why he’s Prince Charming. He kisses you on your lips, and waits for the moment your perfect blue eyes flutter open and you fall in love with his Oh so Handsome Face. Then you ride ...
My whole life I have been ignored by all sorts of different people. When I was kid I was lonley and all I wanted to do was to make friends. I did things I regret because I thought that was only way people would like me. I felt that was the only way I could feel noticed by people. All that did was make me feel more insecure about myself, and I am still lonley so that only made things worse. The one that I will never forget and hurt me the most was a few years ago when I lost ...
I have never been in love,and I don't ever wish to ever be in love during my high school experience. Dating in highSchool is just a waste of terrible heartache, crying,and regret. Teenage girls areVery venerable at their age, and insecure.Obviously, as a common fact most Teenage boys are after one thing at that is Sex. All the boys has to do is give that sweet, and insecure girl a few complements to make her feel good about herself, and then take advantage of her....
Prom is a very emotional time in high school, mostly for girls. Starting in the beginning of March every girl is stressing and dressing there best in the hopes of getting asked to prom. Guys on the other hand are consulting with their guy friend about who they are going to ask, pretty simple. If they already have a girlfriend then its quite simple you ask them, but wait whose asks who? Well the stereotype is that boy asks girl right? I bet a lot more girls would have a dat...
Teenage love is way different from when you are an adult because you are still in high school and at a young age. When you are a teenager you don’t really know what to expect when you are going into a relationship unless you have been through one already. A teenager in love is just puppy love trying to look for something to comfort them throughout high school. While in a relationship as a teenager is harder to do because once the two break up then it will cause one or both of...
Allot of teens now days think that because they are in a relationship that they are “in love” I think that in today’s society every one thrives off of that feeling of being wanted and being cared for. I do believe in true love but I think that it is something to be worked for. Most teens today throw the word love around and think it means something, but to me it is much more than that. i think that teens need to realize that you don’t need to rush into things and get to serio...
’Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all” – Alfred Lord Tennyson had quoted as well as I, whenever I take a walk back down the memory lane of the past. People question the meaning of true love as these feelings keep disappearing from the hearts of those who had given up or had mistaken the meaning, what’s more I was one of those people thinking that love was a foolish feeling and that it can be avoided with a strong mind and will. Yet, it wa...
It was difficult to accept the consequences of my actions. To be honest, sophomore year had not only been stressful but I figured I would have more than enough time to complete my graduation requirement of completing 100 volunteering hours in my community. Then again, time caught up with me and before I knew it, Summer was the season where I exchanged sunglasses and afternoon carnival outings for a volunteer badge and a position on my local library's staff.There was an upsi...
I write because all of my atoms are infused with languages I don’t know how to speak. I’ve been tugging words out of the seams in my skin since the day I was born and haven’t managed to string more than a sentence together. I haven’t figured it out yet. There is no accurate way to tell you what a supernova feels like when it’s lodged in your mouth – I wouldn’t know how to pronounce the words if there was – and the best I can do is unhinge my jaw and let the heat out.I wri...
From holding hands and kissing in the hallway to Twitter fights and obnoxious “he said she said” drama high, school relationships are nothing but a non-stop emotional roller coaster. For someone who doesn't have guys knocking down her door, hearing about other people’s relationship dramas can really be a drag. The amount of time, energy, and emotion high school girls put into their boyfriend of the month appalls me. High school should be a time of exploring yourself and havin...