Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students: Oct. 2014

"Story of a Scar"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

Most of us have scars be it the emotional one in the form of trauma phobia etc or physical scars can caused by many thing, but did you ever think it mean for us? Some of us get ashamed of it. The other think it's as a disgrace, girls think it tainted their beauty boy think it prove of weakness. But all of it is wrong. scars are not disgrace its just reminder of our past. It is one of thing that make what we area today Scars are prove of our experience, of our mistake and ...
Scars will always remain in our lives, scars never fade away. During so many years I have gotten lots of scars, I have scars on my back scars on my arms, but there is always a story behind a scar. But I am going to tell you about a scar that I have in a special place, my heart. This scar is a scar that I will always remember. This was probably the first scar that I actually liked and that really meant something to me....
Before I turned nine, I’d never had a scar. In and of itself, the word scar did not mean anything to me. Until that fateful day, I had no memories or lessons associated with the word scar. All it took was a moment for all that to change. Before then, I had never thought of hammocks as dangerous. But as we made our way to the hospital, I seriously began to rethink all that. (Alright, maybe broken hammocks are more dangerous than the average hammock, but that’s beside ...
My mother's life ended when she was nineteen years old. Physically she was fine, but mentally she was in tatters. She'd just had her first baby, a beautiful little person who lacked the ability to care for itself, and she was only nineteen. My father was in jail, sent there for any number of reasons, and she was alone. While she should have been going to college, she was feeding a baby and changing its diapers. While she could have been out partying, s...
The first scar I ever got is a slit located a centimeter away from my left eye, if it had been any closer I would most likely be wearing an eye patch. Since I got the scar at such a young age I did not remember getting it, (plus it was so small that even someone looking at me while speaking, would not notice it unless they looked really close)and did not notice it was there until I was about the age of 9 years old. It was about mid-day on a Saturday, me and my cousin got bor...
I am not my scars. Nine surgeries, ten casts, twenty scars, two foot orthotics, one girl. Scars do not define you, but make you who you are. Without my past experiences who’d know who I’d be today. I’m proud the person I am, I wouldn’t change my past for the world, no matter what I’ve been through.I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis on the October of 2002, when I was three years old. TM is a rare neurological condition that affects your spinal cord’s connection with the...
I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis at a young age which left me paralyzed and equipped with several internal and external scars. ...
“Friends are the family that we choose.” Or so they say. With family, though, even the messiest of battles are given the time to heal (however forced the resolution may be). But with friends, conflicts and misunderstanding can burn bridges. And unfortunately, a burned bridge gave me my deepest scar. Freshman year. A new year, a new school, and new friends. It was the year that I met, whose name I am changing for anonymity, Isaac. For some reason, Isaac and I got along right...
My mom always asks me if I'm proud of my scars. I always think to myself, yes I'm proud of them. Why wouldn't I be? I think that every time, why shouldn't be proud of our scars? Scars represent a struggle that you overcome. My scars are on my wrist, so they're very visible. I used to be ashamed of them, because I was the one who put them there. I couldn’t blame anybody else, I only had me. My internal scars are a different story however. I didn’t put them there, other people...
One day when I was in 7th grade I had P.E.. My class was playing capture the flag which is two teams and both teams wear flags. There is a line in the middle which separates the two teams then there is a football on each side all the way at the end. Each team scores by picking up the football on the other side and running to your own side. So one day I was running towards the football. I picked up the football started running and halfway to getting to my side my friend trips ...
Scars represent a story in your life, some are less profound than others but at one point they had hurt us in a physical or emotional way. Those scars were once wounds that were painful and took time to heal and they will always be there to remind us of something we experienced. Yes I have a few physical scars, like the time I fell of my bike or the time my cousin pushed me towards the chair and I fell down. But the one that hurt the most was in my heart. It was losing some...
Scars litter my body, nearly invisible and easy to look over: a patch of skin in the inside of my elbow from when I collapsed after winning a four-hundred meter dash; a circular line that traces the innermost part of my belly button from a surgery in kindergarten; stray flecks of white skin, glowing in contrast of the tan of my skin, leftover from my clumsy glory days of my childhood that scream of innocence. Whether noticeable or not, none could compare to the invisible ...
Scar: The Greatest Scar I Had To Over Come One of the biggest scar I had was this year my first semester at AECHS. This scar had the greatest pain I had ever had it was a pain full of anger, the way I use to felt was horrible. I felt lost without an option all I wanted to do was scream and run away run away from all the problems and all the people around me. The only thing I really wanted was to be alone in a place where I could feel free and comfo...
Scar: Near My EarI once got a scar near my ear when I was 5 years old. I didn’t even know what was going on. It was a beautiful day out there where the sun shines the trees & gives that good shade were we can just go out and play. It was six of us, my older brother, which back then he had just turned 6 and my other cousins. We were just chilling, and all of the sudden we decided to play “Tag” and that was the first time I’ve ever gotten a scar.My older cousin, Kevin, of co...
I never thought I would have something that would leave a story on my skin. The thought of thinking about it keeps the memory coming back every single day. I don’t plead to flee, but this scar is something that will never be replenish. It creeps up to me at night making me feel like I am guilty by defense. It wasn't like something I choose to be marked deep inside my body. It’s something that reminds me of the battle, heart breaks, and betrayals I overcame. My scar sho...
Scars are stories of moments hidden, moments public, memories wanted, memories unwanted. Scars are results of battles unseen, battles conquered, wounds closed and healed up. The scars remain as testimonies of survival. My scar reminds me of a day of sorrow a day of tears; I thought it was time to meet the one who created you and me I thought my father was calling me home. That day my coldblooded teacher refused to let me go to the restroom. Therefore I was strolling around...
It was a hot summer day. I was around 9 or 10 and like everyone else I was excited it was summer. That day was so important to me because I was about to see my cousins after such a long time. I could just remember them a little bit from the last time I had seen them. When we finally met up I felt kind of nervous around them but I still hugged them and it was funny to me that they looked the same as always. That day seemed so perfect, we had planned everything, we first were...
Scars are scars they will never fade away you will always remember that scar forever. It could be funny or reckless scar that you have.My scar is reckless I want it to fade away forever I don’t want to remember want happen to me is the pass but the pass always comes back. My heart hurts a lot and it always hurts a lot. People get hurt by my love or my fault or they hurt me that’s why I don’t get too attach to them .I’m like a curse people that love me then they get hurt . ...
Two bean-shaped patches of scarred tissue adorn themselves right above my hip bones on both sides. Every year, around mid-March, the patches reopen into a rough, bloody red color as a result of my own tomfoolery. They are wounds sustained on the battlefield known as the baseball diamond. Do not let my tone confuse you, I am by no means a star player, but I do thoroughly enjoy the sport and play a hard-nosed brand of baseball. The rough, unforgiving clay of the infield is the ...
The moments of tears, regret, and remorse, the times I’ve broken down and asked why have been the moments I’ve lost my faith. Those very moments made my heart feels so cold, my throat so tight, and my feet so heavy. The world seems to be piling up against me. My mind makes conclusions, as I begin to accept negativity as a fate. Walking through this journey, scars have only been added on to my life, and yet there will be more that I have to conquer. Death has knocked on my doo...
Scars are a very important part of my life, because each one of them tells a story that defines my past experiences. Many of my scars are from reckless behavior, but the most painful and dangerous scar came from a friendly soccer game a couple years ago. It was a Sunday morning, and I had just woken up. My father told me to hurry up and get my clothes ready for the game. I rushed downstairs, grabbed a mouthful of breakfast, and rushed back upstairs to put my clothes on becau...
A scar is like a memory. It is still there, but hurts no more. It is a marking that is visible and harmless. It is permanent. Now of course there may be treatment to get rid of that hideous scar, but at the end there is still a little piece or part that still remains and the memory of how that scar came to be. When a scar first comes to be it hurts at first but with time and pain medicine that pain goes away. A bad memory is the same as a scar. The memory comes and it cause ...
Scars are the only thing I see in the mirror, right before I jump in to take a shower. These scars are visual and emotional scars, a package of 2 in 1. Scars that remember me of my time shared in the hospital, and the pain I experience there. This are not 1 inch scars, this are 6 inch scars going vertically down my belly, and 3 inch going horizontally to that. Giving me problems in exercising, and sleeping every single day. I wish i could go back in time. To April 30th, at...
The frosty dew crunched under my feet— a chill crept up my spine due to the cool March winds. Hunger filled my stomach, an appetite that could be stopped with one thing, and one thing only: orange slices. Yes, the delectable, chewy, sugar-laden orange treats. I had to have them, no matter the cost, I thought to myself. I had to get them. Whilst searching for my bike, I pondered the closest shoppes that could supply me with the candy of the gods: orange slices. After a coupl...
Scars are something you get for life and will never fade away. Scars always hurt once you get them, it can hurt mentally and physically. For me I have been scarred since I started paying attention to people and how they acted especially around me because my father was one of them. My father was never around he was never the type of father that never spent time with his three children. Every time when I wanted to spend time with him when I was younger I couldn't because he w...
“How’s school going?” Said Nader, one of my friends, asked as we were walking towards the Starbucks from the movies. “You know it’s good and stressful.” I replied. “How is it going with you guys? I want to hear about you guys more because I haven’t spoken to you guys in weeks.” I asked them. Mohamad spoke first, one of my other friends I was with, “It’s been really chill because the school year is about to end.” My other friend, Malik, said in a jokingly manner, “shut up Moha...
I understood the fact that when I succumbed to self-harm, I was not the only person in this world that was suffering and my problem did not make me anymore or any less important. However, I did not heed the warning that self-harm was addicting just like any other common drug or alcohol addiction. At the time, it did not seem possible to become addicted to something that could be stopped by simply… Stopping. When I first relieved my anger or distress onto my own body through ...
The most visible scar I carry with me, isn't noticable because it's a emotional scar. My entire life, I've been fortunate to have diverse experiences, living in a culturally diverse neighborhood, attending private school, and having parents and grandparents who are college educated. Racism was something I read about or watched on the news - I was aware of inequalities but I couldn't relate because that wasn't my experience. One day all of that changed, I needed a haircut and ...
“Fact of the matter is, I believe that, uh, our only curses are the ones that are self-imposed. You know what I'm sayin'? We, all of us, dig our own holes.” -Coach Gaines, Friday Night Lights I believe that our scars are self-imposed. Curses we place on ourselves, circumstance we make impossible to overcome, don’t really exist. Am I saying that they are easy to get over? Of course not. Sometimes you have to fight like hell to get away from the consistency of your f...
We all have scars, some scars happen because it was our own fault and other scars wore not intentional. Scars are lessons we have learned through life and we learn not to make the same mistake over and over. My first scar I remember it like if it was yesterday I was 5 years old it was the day of my birthday, when my parents bought me my first bicycle since than I have a big scar on my left knee. Ohh I was so excited for that day to come because I knew what my present ...