Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students: August 2014

"School Daze"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

When I was in fifth grade, a few of my friends decided that we should play a prank on one of our other friends, Justus, for April Fool’s Day. We devised a plan that during recess, we would get him to close his eyes so we could pinch him and put some red Kool-Aid on him, pretending that he was bleeding. The plan seemed harmless enough, but one of our buddies, Nick, wanted to do something more extreme. He suggested we make Justus think that the high school disciplinarian wa...
One memory I cannot get out of my head is the time when my second grade teacher pulled me out of the classroom because she wanted to talk to me about my attitude and what not.I was sitting in the desk. I had starting working on the assignment after she was finished explaining it. A couple minutes later, my chair got pulled out from under the desk and she led me outside of the classroom. Honestly, I don’t think she liked me very much. She began talking. “I don’t know what you...
I was living in California at the time and it had been heavily raining that morning. I was probably in 4th or 5th grade that year. It had been a hectic morning and my mom and I were running very late. She told me to get out of the car and run to class, so that’s exactly what I did. My school, like most schools nowadays had that yellow square of bumps that are meant to keep you from falling, (for instance, if you’re running to class trying to make it on time on a rainy day). H...
School DazeThe smell of the sand. Not beach sand but a dry, no rain, dust sand. That’s the first thing I remember about my first day at Alamo Jr high. I felt so out of place. Me a kid from upstate new York who is used to snow, below zero temperatures and constant rain; In a place where there is no snow in the winter, where the temperature is always above eighty and at the moment is going through a drought. I was being stared at. Or at least I thought so. Everyone had a tan,...
In eighth grade one time, I decided to make the entire jazz band lose a performance, for no other reason than I thought it would be entertaining. I had recently gone to a competition for my advanced band class, and I wanted to make the jazz band fail the competition. I was going to accomplish this by simply not attending the competition. I was in the jazz band, and I was one of the leading trombone players, and I even had the most important solo of the most important song. I ...
Everyone talks about how scary high school is, especially your freshman year. You hear the stories of swirlies and stealing lunch money but, no one tells you about the great parts of freshman year. Here I go I silently think to myself the first day of high school the day everyone has horrific stories about the day of your life you not only dread nonetheless, cherish. I walk up to the door and stretch my hand out and grab the door-breathe-and pull it open. I walk in to the b...
Elementary school may not seem too bad since we were all too little to cause much trouble; however in Maili, Hawaii this was not the case. I thought living in the most beautiful state ever might be like something off of a dream, but after that school experience I felt as if I was in a place of torture. Being in only the 6th grade, I learned and saw things no kid should ever have to. I think it would only be appropriate if I started from the very beginning, back to when I didn...
During a school assembly in 7th grade, they had decided to have some kids come up and sing a song of their choice about a week or two before the assembly. My friends and I decided to sign up. Now, even if you entered, your name may not be picked because they pulled your name out of a box. But, within the next week, everyone chicken out of singing in front of the entire school. Except me. I already knew what song I was going to do – American Soldier by Toby Keith. So when the...
Basketball season had just ended, and I had nothing to keep me busy anymore. Sitting in class, over the intercom I hear, “Softball try outs for 7th and 8th graders after school on the back field today”. Thinking nothing of it, I went on with my day. At lunch my friends and I were having our normal conversations when the announcement went off again,” All 7th and 8th grade girls, Softball tryouts will be held after school from 3:00 to 4:00. Be there, or be square”. My friend, s...
I’ve always considered myself to be somewhat popular. Everyone knows me, and I know everyone. My life has always been pretty steady, and nothing out of the ordinary has ever occurred. I always thought to myself, however, that I need to make my name known school wide. I needed to leave a mark, a legacy. It was my junior year, and we had just gotten called out of class to go to a pep assembly. I didn’t think too much of the occasion. All high school pep rallies are the same, ri...
English. Indisputably my favorite class of 8th grade.We were Mr. Magliocca's last class of the day, his favorite class, and we knew it. Every class ended with big laughs; every day my class would somehow find a new way to make things interesting. On the first day of school, he had looked at the roster (full of "exotic" Asian names) and had recreated our names. Gaurav became Gustav. Nymisha, in some odd turn of events, became Lorraine. He called Liam Lil' Liam (quite contr...
Freshman year was Hell for me. I struggled with grades, friends, family issues, depression, growing pains, acne, and an innumerable list of other problems of no significance in the long run. I didn’t know where I fit in, what friends I should have, what classes I should take, what career to prepare for, or if I was even good enough to be alive. I was weird. I was sheltered. I was unremarkable. I was lonely. Then I met Jenny. Jenny was a sophomore, a year...
I know how many people will go to school and enjoy it. A lot of people think of school like a sanctuary. It is somewhere that they feel safe. That’s what I always thought it was supposed to be like as well. School is supposed to be somewhere you could be yourself at. You weren’t supposed to go there to be judged for being yourself. I always thought that it was a place where people would learn to accept you for being you. Though, so many people exaggerate how great a p...
“First Day Fever” The lunch bell dinged through the hallways of Jordan Bell Middle School in the year of 2011. It was the first day of school, and I had officially been a 7th grader for two complete hours. As I walked down the hall towards the lunch room, I couldn’t help but think how crazy the last two hours of my life were. You would think a person as incredibly lazy as I would be fast asleep in the middle of class the day after the last day of summer, but my first two c...
School was never a memory I bother keeping since I have the mentality of, “I’m never going to see these people in four years so why care?” I disliked school, I’m fonder to the teachers than I am with my peers. The only place that I felt relief that school was not as bad as I made it out to be, was my third period choir. The choir is called Woman’s Ensemble. It is the top woman’s choir at Widefield. It’s funny because I usually dislike everyone but these girls made me happy....
I have many school memories. My favorite school memories are with my best friends and I. While we are together nothing else matters to me. We enjoy ourselves so very much. Even when we may fight, we just look back at it and laugh. There is no way we could stay mad at each other for a long period of time. Honestly I don’t know what I would do without them. We laugh, cry, get into trouble, but most of all love each other. They aren’t just my friends, they are my family and alw...
This happened when I was of elementary school age. It was time for lunch, and usually I would bring a sack lunch. However, this day, I didn’t and I didn’t know why. Anyways, the elementary school I went to was relatively small. It may be big looking on the outside, but on the inside, it was a space, waiting to be crowded with children and adults. Our gym was our cafeteria and sometimes it would be our auditorium, even though we had an auditorium in another building, which we ...
One of my best school memories was in 6th grade, when I graduated. I lived in Puerto Rico, where things are done a little differently. It was May of 2011 and I had just finished sixth grade with awesome friends and really cool teachers. The theme for the Graduation was Egyptian. I already had my costume planned out, I just needed it to be made. So in the few weeks before the graduation, my mom and I ran around town to get supplies. We found a tailor that lived right near my a...
One day, I was in my Science class with my best friend. This was in 8th grade and it was the beginning of the class period. Although we were not allowed to eat in that class at that time, I decided to anyway because I was really hungry. So, I pull out mini rice cakes and start eating them. My friend asks for some and I agree, giving her a small handful of them. Meanwhile, we’re doing out work, and my friend all of a sudden this me and says that the teacher is coming. A...
As I can recall, one of the most vivid memories from my half completed school career, was that of when I had gone on a rock climbing trip with my eighth grade science class. It was quite a fun time and we had a relaxed day afterword. A pleasant trip. We had been scheduled to go to the park immediately following the trip, however it had been far too much chill in the air and our activity was redirected to simply going back to the school and enjoying the remainder of the day pl...
Lydia Davis School is a time for making amazing memories. However my most memorable memory is not the most fun one. I’m in student council and we got the opportunity to go to a leadership camp. We all boarded the bus, my sister and I had coffee with us. On the bus we drank all the coffee and left them on the bus while we were inside of the location. We left them there because we were allowed to. After hours of being at the camp we boarded the bus to go back to the school. A...
Sophia Garland Period 3Contest for School Gaze Classroom Snacks Go Everywhere When you read the words classroom snacks go everywhere you think of probably a food fight or something where food is thrown everywhere. So you know everyone loves to eat and drink delicious foods and drinks in class because you get really hungry. Well one day in the 8th grade I was in social studies which is fourth period right before lunch and it is the most boring but fastest clas...
The beautiful Colorado sunrise woke me up for the first day of school. My school clothes were picked out the day before. The warm water ran down my back as I took a shower. I slipped on my Jordans, laced them up, and through on my backpack. My Honda was warming up. I sat down and ate some “Frosted Flakes”. I turned on the TV to see if any old school cartoons were on. I sat down and enjoyed the old showing of “The Flintstones”. It was time for me to go me to go pick my friend...
The majority of my school experiences have been either depressing, infuriating, or traumatizing. A few years ago, when I was in seventh grade, and had little knowledge of what evil was hiding in the world, some very terrible things happened to me. My experiences are extremely hard for me to talk about, and even write about. During my seventh grade year, I had just transferred to a new school, so I had no friends and didn’t know a single person or teacher that I could ask to h...
My most memorable school experience was when I was in middle school and it was the last Night, The night of cross over, this night wasn’t like most others it was magical and amazing. First the Night started out with the advanced choir singing a goodbye song or a song we can learn from, I was in The choir so we sang a song by country singer Lady Antebellum. All throughout middle school we had Color teams, the colors were Green, Gold, and Blue; I was on the gold team. Our c...
School Daze: Being Shy In my past years of being a student I have been really shy. I think that shyness is a curse many people will say no its not it is gift or something like that. So all the years that I have been a student I have always been the one who sits by their selves at lunch or in class. I thought that I was different because no one was friends. This went on for a few years. I never spoke up when I was bullied. When middle school came around my teachers were ni...
Interested in trying a variety of hobbies and despite my lack of athleticism and opposition to competitive aggression (I'm a sensitive soul), I gave the basketball team a shot in seventh grade (no pun intended) in order to broaden my horizons. I made the team, but this was only because 33 girls tried out and 30 were needed. I can easily say I was the fourth worst of those 33. I suffered through the season, for my shyness prevented me from wanting to shoot, shove, block, r...
The memory is still raw and fresh. I was thirteen. Full of mirth and life and spirit. School seemed like a safety shield, where nothing bad could ever occur. Every time I stepped through those doors I felt as though I had entered into a new life. A better life. All my worries and troubles were firmly placed in another life, until I could face them again at 3:00 pm. Never could I have imagined that trouble would follow me and all my classmates and schoolmates through the...
School, a preposterous amount of time spent at a institution that is supposed to teach us about life and goals that are vital for us to be successful in the future. However it can seem like a nightmare for some.Hi, I'm kedeana, school has always been my number one priority,excelling academically as far back as I can remember. However even though I love academics and just love the rush and excitement one would get from being top of the class or honour student, I find it ve...
I made a mistake in junior high, one that would go on to decrease my self esteem to this very day. That mistake was trying out for the school basketball team. I have always been a student who has wanted to explore a variety of options as hobbies and despite my terrible coordination, lack of athleticism, opposition to competitive aggression (I was, and still am, a sensitive soul), and shyness, I gave the basketball team a shot in seventh grade (no pun intended) as a way to b...