Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students:
Sept. 2015
"Freedom of Speech"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

So I'm a freshman and school started four weeks ago. On the first day of school I met this boy in Spanish class. His name is Michael and I sat in front of him. As a couple of days passed by we started to talk as friends and, I began to like him. So I wrote him a note with my number on it and said," It was from my friend Sheeyane". Over the weekend I waited for him to text me but he never did. So the following Monday he explained to me that he a girlfriend. At first I was a li...
It was February of 2012 when the long awaited family vacation finally arrived. It was finally the day my family and me would finally have some quality time together. Occasion like such didn’t come around often for us as my father works 24/7 and is constantly travelling, so we get little time together. It was our last vacations together before my sister started university; therefore, knowing how complicated it would be to get the family together for such an event again my pare...
This summer, the summer before my future’s going to get decided,Okay, notDecided, but college applications and stress and exams, It all feels like it should be too much, anyway, this summerI went on a family road trip to see some famously falling water. But the thing is I get motion sickness, of Both the car and boat variety,So I’m thinking, that means no more milk and please don’t pukeAnd it’s that miasma of hopelessness and Dad’s bad taste in music That makes me t...
"Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go~" -- doesn't that just evoke images of snowy trips to Grandmother's? For me, the song changes to, "Over the ocean and through loud traffic", because to get to Grandmother's, my family has to fly from America to China. Despite the distance, we make this journey every two years. These frequent family vacations to China have colored my childhood and I cannot imagine my life without them. In Beijing, it was ...
It was a week before Halloween in 2012, and I was racing through St. Louis Lambert Airport with my mom, dad, and sister, Allie. We were rushing to get to our flight to Chicago, and then we would be on our way to London! And I was over the moon excited. We were running as fast as we could with our suitcase rolling behind us . . . when plop my dad’s big blue suitcase lost a wheel. And when I say big, I mean big! My sister could probably fit in it comfortably. I hurried to gr...
I have great memories from all my Christmas vacations. It all started in fort Lauderdale Florida and I had been staying in a friend’s house from Colombia I had an awesome time playing with her dog and I surfed once again which I haven’t done since I left the Philippines.I spent about a week and half there and then we went down south to Orlando in car and had a long but cool drive down south. We had gone to Orlando before but that was a long time ago so I can’t quiet remember...
An ordinary picture, a simple picture in my U.S. Geography textbook explains the vastness of the Grand Canyon, one of the Natural Wonders of the World. Lazily flipping to another page, not even sparing a glance at the photograph, I continued to read geographical features and numbers and, yay!, more facts. Standing in on top of the Grand Canyon feels more surreal than anything. All rational thoughts stop as I stood next to my mother and sister, thoroughly absorbing the grand ...
We were in a bunker. A dumpster, actually--metal and linoleum. Ropes tethered it to rocks, lashed by a storm determined to shove our puny Norwegian "waiting room" into the sea. Yesterday, we'd driven through one of Norway's fjord-nestled villages--permanent population, 25. My dad and I joked that if we lived someplace that small, we'd hope our fellow residents were really great people. Or at least, really tolerable. Now we had a chance to explore that life: seven ho...
It's very common for our family to go to trips every single year. Two years ago we went to Brazil, were I spent the best vacation ever. In Brazil our parents went conferences while we stay alone, however it took a little while convincing our parents and our aunts so they don't bring a girl to take care of us. After days and days of persuading we finally made them realize that my sister Sofia was old enough to take care of me and Pepe, my seven year-old cousin. The...
The Trip To Mancora It was a sunny day and I and my family decided to go to Mancora, with my uncle and aunt and their kid Jacob. We were going to go to Mancora, Peru on road. It was around 17 hours to get to our final destination. We would stop every 6 hours. It may sound like nothing but Jacob was 2 years old and he was annoying. So we had to stop. Finally we made it to Mancora, and we were so happy. But apparently we got lost. And we couldn’t find anywhere to stop b...
Many people say that to have a great a vacation you need to go somewhere you have never been before, yes they might be right, but they don’t take notice of the part where you do goofy thing with your family. For me to have a fun vacation you need something to go wrong then you need something really funny so that you forget about the thing that went wrong happened and then you just need to have fun. It was a cold December morning and by morning I mean three a.m. We were getti...
On this summer vacation all i did most of my days was to sit at home and play video games with my friends online, every one and a while i would get up, and open the fridge and realize there was nothing to eat inside of it, so i would get on my bike and go out with my friends to shawarma. then we would go back to our homes and play more video games. after about 2 months of doing this my family finally decided to goto the beach, and we did! we went to the beach and swam in the ...
“Rise and shine” Ed said as he opened my door. “It’s time to get on the road”. It was 6 in the morning and I was ready to head down to Los Angeles where we would be catching the ship to Mexico. As we got on the road, I watched out the window, the familiar roads started to fade into unknown territory. The civilization I had grown to know had gone from tall buildings into fields of dirt and fruit trees. After about an hour of driving down 580 we reached Tracy, where we would be...
In 2014 our family decided to celebrate christmas in a cruise from Miami to The Bahamas islands, the experience was wonderful, we enjoyed a lot. Everything started by my dad’s idea, he didn’t want to stay at home to celebrate this day, so everyone from the family started to search beautiful places that we could go, my uncle recommended us to go to cruise to an island, after a couple of days I told my parents a good news: a cruise will go to Bahamas in christmas.Our family wa...
Disney-world? Bahamas? Japan? Sure, those are all Instagram, Facebook, or ‘in-your-face’ you’re not here posts, those are pretty cool vacations, don’t get me wrong, but my ‘In-your-face’ vacation started in the great outdoors, sounds cheesy right? Well, even if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be as surprised as I am hearing this story. (2 minutes) “Dad, are you coming in soon?” little, fatigued Ben asked ...
Both my dad and I were on the Atlanta Airport running to the back drop, praying to get on time. I was not the first time that my dad missed a flight. In fact, he had a reputation for that. They made two calls for to get to the plane before we could react. I lost hope. I was worried from the beginning, I saw basically no one waiting with us, except for that one man that had to stay the night at Atlanta like us. I was angry at my dad, but nothing could be done about it, just to...
On the summer of 2015, I went to my beautiful city where I was born, Rancagua, Chile. I went with my mom. We had to make a trip of 6 hours, approximately, to get to Santiago de Chile, and 1 more hour to get to Rancagua. My grandparents and one of my cousins were waiting for us in their house that is in a farm. My grandmother was waiting us with some delicious sopaipillas which is a typical food in Chile. My first week I spend it on my grandparent house from part of my mo...
In summer of June 16, 2015 I went to Texas to visit my father, I was very excited because, my father told me that we were going to see a soccer games and I was very excited but more excited for the soccer game. Then I flew to Texas, McAllen and I saw my dad and we went home Months past and on July 7, 2015 I went to see the game USA Vs. Honduras in Houston Texas, the problem was that we didn’t know where to park we where lost so we found this spot outside this strips st...
One family vacation that I will never forget is when we go to New York for Christmas and New Year. My family have certain traditions of make a trip every year to some part of the world all together and this was one of it. Also I learn a lot and made funny memories with my family. We decided to go to New York because people say that is a really cool city and because I have some family there, also because we love the winter. It was October and my parents told me this gre...
It was June 2013, my family and I were 30,000 feet above the air heading to Lax LA airport. I was so excited it was my first time going to Los Angles. Since I had the window seat in the plane I could see everything when we landed. It was 3:00 pm when we landed, having enough daylight. I was freezing cold I couldn’t wait to leave the airport. Finally we went to baggage claim and got our bags. We went to the bus station were we took the bus to rent a car. The rental car gave u...
I went to a one and a half month vacation to the U.S. and China on my summer vacation at the months of June and July. I left the school at the day before school was ending for some reason. I was depressed because we had need thing called “summer reading” where we had to read a text on the summer and write on the worksheet and reading log and I did it at the last 5 days before school started. So, I went to the airport while everyone on my class was on school. I went ...
On the summer of 2014 the world cup was being hosted in the country of Brazil. Everyone was so excited here in South America because it was the first world cup in this continent since the one in 1994 hosted in the United States of America. Well you will probably be asking what does this have to do with anything in my narrative, well I will like to take you back to March 7, 2014. I just did my Bar Mitzvah, which is a religious ceremony in the Jewish religion where ...
The plane ride was exciting. Not because of the raggedy seats all around me or the nausea I usually get while flying, but simply because I was going to see something new. Later I would realize that while it was unique, the trip would be dauntingly different from what I had expected. As I stepped out of the airport I felt a warm breeze hit my shirt. The sky was cloudy, and I suddenly felt a sticky feeling from the dense mixture of humidity and gas. I turned my head up away fro...
4th of July, 2015, started for me at 5 a.m. Well, technically it continued, considering that I’d returned to my grandmother’s house in Concepción, Chile at midnight after attending the bronze medal game of the Copa America 2015 and that I couldn’t sleep because I was really nervous. I was going to attend the cup Final that day, and Chile, my country, had the opportunity of winning a soccer title for the first time in history. But it wasn’t going to be easy as our national tea...
December 2007, it was my first Christmas just my mom and me. She wanted to make it special, she wanted to make it the best she could, so she planned a family trip along with her two sisters, their husbands, sons and daughters, and my grandma. It was also my first family trip with my entire family. We would spend Christmas all together at home, and the next morning travel to the United States. And that is how it went, a beautiful Christmas tree lighted up, a delicious dinner ...
In my family, we are not used to traveling, even on summer period. We usually don’t travel because my family have plenty of work. However, all changed in 2012. Finally, my dad and stepmom decided to have a rest and travel with the family (my step mom, step sister, dad and I) to Portugal and see some of my dad´s family for the summer of 2012. It had been a long time since I hadn’t seen my cousin and grandmother that live in Portugal. Also, Portugal was o...
The sun was burning hot; no trace of clouds was seen. It was early in the morning and my family was already up. My brother’s face was priceless, he was so excited about today.“Yay we’re going to Universal Studios!” as my brother was jumping up and down the bed. I got up and got dressed, went to the first floor where the hotel was serving their breakfast plan. Soon my parents arrived and joined me. We quickly ate so we can get to the parks before it gets crowded. “Dad I w...
On summer 2014 I went to a summer camp in Oxford, England. The summer camp was basically like school but a lot more fun and way less education. It was only two classes per day and the rest was everything we wanted. It was a very tiring flight from Miami to London, then a bus ride to oxford. The first few days it was outstandingly boring since we were basically going to meetings to know what to do. After that I met a lot of people. Some were weird, others were boring, but I fi...
I sighed as we climbed yet another mountain, I felt like dying with all the walking we’d done that day. I was ahead my family. My cousin was a little behind; sometimes he would catch up to me and pretend as if he was Indiana Jones looking for a new treasure. He would walk past me and “investigate” the area in front of us to see if it was the road we had to take. The problem was, there was almost always one road, so no big thing to inspect for. My mom and grandma were far...
“So guys it’s 8 miles from here to Sausalito, the golden gate bridge is a mile long, so that would be 7 miles on ground, and to get the ferry you have to be there at 6:30 p.m. or you’ll have to come back riding,” the staff member explained, as soon as he said that I almost yelled “8 miles and at 6:30 p.m.!?,” “Safe trip and have an awesome time,” yelled all of the staff crew in synchronization. I guess this “quality family time cycling” is going to be interesting. ...