Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students: Dec. 2014

"Random Acts of Kindness"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

Earlier this year I went on a field trip to a theme park with my eighth grade class as a celebration of graduating middle school. My mother had given me money and I had brought some of my own to spend there. It was a blast, we could go anywhere we wanted to in the park. We could ride any of the rides we wanted to as many times as we could before it was time to go, and if we brought money we could also play all of the carnival games and eat as much food as money provided. The...
In the end, we all know where everything goes. The trash. So, why bother anyway? Besides, I can stop whenever I want. ...
Throughout my high school career, I’ve always wanted to be a part of a club or organization focused on bringing positive energy and kindness to my high school campus. As a person who’s been on the receiving end of behavior that was less than pleasant behavior, I have tried my best to be as kind as I can towards people, even if it’s simply a smile at a stranger while walking in the hallway or randomly complimenting someone on something they did that impacted me enough to ackno...
There was no way she could have known. There was not way she could have understood what she was doing when she did it. The cimplicity of her gift was unbelievable, and yet its meaning was everyhitng I needed and more. Her innocent smile, her unawareness of the world she would grow to battle as an adult. The fire that burned bright behind her eyes, though I knew one day it would be extinguished by the cruelty of the world. Even if I prayed for its sustinance. How this child co...
[size=7][color=black]Life is definitely not only about receiving things, sometimes you have to give. This month I have not only received some random acts of kindness, I have also given them. About a week ago a church group from North Carolina came to my neighborhood and gave us all food,calendars,and of course their time of day. They were all so nice! I am truly grateful to have met them. A few days ago, I went to my neighbor Jenny's house,she is a sweet little old lady, I...
I work at a fast food restaurant, and so I see a lot of people come and go. But one day this guy comes in and just sits down. He doesn't have anything with him, and didn't order any food, so I thought that he was waiting for someone. As the hours went by,I noticed that he was still there, but sleeping, so I waited for him to get up. When he did, he went to the bathroom and I went to my wallet. The man came out and I motioned for him to follow me. When we were alone, I ask...
Some time ago, I found five dollars on the street which made me quite happy. In fact, it made my day, I was ecstatic. I did not know what I was going to buy with it, it could have been anything. I went to tell me friends about it and they were happy for me too. Like most friends, they teased me for it and thought it was some nefarious deed though it was not. I had not yet eaten that day due to time constraints so I was quite hungry. As I walked to the cafeteria and proceede...
Jamal FosterDecember 13th, 2014Mr. Stewart; Our Christmas Savior During the grim holiday season of 2010, my family lived dangerously close to the border of poverty. My mother was worked two fast food jobs and a babysitting job, while I contributed by shoveling snow-covered driveways around our hometown of Racine, Wisconsin. Every penny we earned went towards basic necessities like food, water, rent, and electricity. As Christmas drew closer, it became evident that Chris...
I was a junior in high school and i just came from Texas. I was living with my mother and when i started school i wasn’t a fan of it. I didn’t talk much to anyone; i went straight to class and did my work. My mom knew that from day one , all i wanted to do was write and sing . I been writing lyrics since i was about 12. I’m 19 now. My writing has become so much better and i have come a long way. I could remember writing my first song with my brother. I asked him to help me wr...
The door swung shut in my face, cutting off the sounds of the crowded hallway that was saturated with my oblivious peers. Students from sixth, seventh, and eighth grade mingled in a sea of prepubescent teenagers in highlighter shirts and Uggs, chattering and laughing with one another. Groaning, I shifted my binder in a futile attempt to allow my left hand to turn and pull the silver door handle connecting school to the pouring rain from which I so desperately sought shel...
This world has change a lot all those people suffering for hunger in the streets nobody to help them they begging for food or money. They can’t take it no more them empty stomach growling for food. You can see them there in the corner or in the streets with a cardboard saying please help me, but you think them lying to you like other people fool you but they are not like them. That morning that little girl all dress up like usual going out with her family they getting re...
Kevin lopezDecember 17, 2014Giving the homeless foodBy kevin lopezThis weekend me and my mom were at subway we were eating our sandwiches when a man pulled a backpack on his back and a big beard our first instinct was to give the man food yet why does he want money when he has a hungry stomach. Yet this man had a tattoo covering his whole arm and legs we still knew every one gets a second chance. We asked him what his favorite sandwich was he said turkey with avocado. ...
The September of 2013 was my introduction to the muddled haze of high school. Gone was the safety belt of a crowd of friends. Gone was the gossip of petty middle school rivalries. When I did meet up with my old friends, we talked about the memories, the laughter, the remember when's. And then we went our separate ways, entering different classrooms in a hundred ways of solitude. High school to a freshman was a barren landscape. We were the water flowing around the clumps of ...
Random acts of kindness can be the difference between a horrible or an amazing day in an individual's life. It can arrive from an action as simple as complimenting someone to as generous helping one in need. I don't believe us people, in general, are as compassionate to one another as we should be. Anyone can brighten another's day, and if they have a chance they should take it. I attempt to do as many random acts of kindness I can. I make sure to donate my work clothes to t...
Everyday I look around me, and I am saddened by what I see. I find it important to observe the world around you. The human race, a very complex and intriguing specie, is corrupted. To find a human completely neutral, and pure is impossible, for even in the formation of our bodies as fetuses, we are already influenced by others(parents). When I reflect on life, I feel great sorrow for us humans. We claim we are mire advanced intellectually than any of our counterparts on Earth...
November 15th, 2014 will be a day I will never forget. It was a day that I realized there really are still are people with good hearts. People who would do anything for anyone even if they did not know them. I was in line at the grocery store, with so many groceries. I forgot I had left my card in the car, so I did not have the money to pay for my things. I then asked the cashier if I could run out and get it. She said yes, so I took off as fast as I could to go get the money...
It was just about the time that summer had really started. Sun tan lotion, ice cream sandwiches and popsicles. The weather had gone from hot to stuffy hot. It was about the time that the pool had started to lose its cool, and everything was just HOT! The fourth of July is a holiday that my family and I love dearly. It was morning, it wasn’t too hot and my mother was getting ready to head to Walmart with the notion of getting things for a barbeque. It was so packed in that pl...
There aren't very many things I can say that I have done as an act of kindness because I normally keep to myself. But the closest thing I can think of would be when I was in the youth group at my church. Our youth group would go around to the homes of the elderly people of the church and do things such as repair little things or take out their trash and clean for them....
God so loved the world that he gave his only son (Jesus) for the sake of mankind.Christmas is soon approaching. We all might be thinking what special thing to do this festive season.As is the trend one thing we all do is -"sharing" . We share gifts and candies and that too among our friends and relatives. In my view it is of no use at all.we should ask ourselves that what is the use to give something to somebody who actullay does not even need it. we should instead share ...
I know there are going to be a bunch of people who do these extraordinary acts of kindness, like helping a charity or making someone’s day, but that’s not me. When I think about it, I really haven’t had an extraordinary act of kindness, I mean I have done little things, but nothing too big. I used to be the kind of person who was so scared of the world and was too afraid of new people that random acts of kindness were out of the question, well that was the old me. A few mont...
When you work at McDonald's, you tend to see the bad side of people more often than not. You see grumpy people on their way to their jobs in the morning and exhausted mothers yelling at their rambunctious children to "please" shut up. You'll encounter old men with a chip on their shoulder who believe that you're the one that changed the price of a McDouble from a dollar to $1.30. You'll have people pay you in all nickles and dimes for a $14 dollar order. There...
A few new people were moving into the old house a few doors down. It was a nice family; a nice old lady, gray haired father, and a pretty short girl around my age. As i walked in their “new house” I found a few things were off according to my opinion. After a month passed the house didn't feel as comfortable as it one was. When I stepped in the room all I saw were a few pictures around the house, no tv in the living room, and just one old table peeling apart. As I conversat...
Random Acts of Kindness: From Love When I show kindness, it comes from my heart. I love to show how much I care. Kindness has the meaning of helping others without waiting for something in return. If you are waiting for something in return, you are being selfish. Many people have kindness inside and show it randomly to their family, friends, and even strangers. I love to help my Grandma, I take care of her and my little cousins that she has to take care of. Every gestu...
It feels as the whole planet revolves around me, the slow motion time goes, the impatient I get good days turn into nightmares as nightmares become good days, the giving of precious times lead me to start looking for gift. As I stroll from store to store, I see people full of joy and happiness in this time of years. I wasn't always that quick of giving my things to people, but it hit me one day literally, when I was sitting in front of my door and this old man throws me a w...
Kindness is the definition of being nice to one another. Sometimes there is a lot of unfortunate people out in the world who do not have a home, food, money, and mostly barely any clothes. Here in my city, Houston, homeless people is a very common thing in the streets. One day, I was going home from work and I seriously did not have any money at all on me. Well, I did had 20 dollars but I mean I was going to use that money for gas. As I spotted the gasoline station on the co...
Kindness is an indescribable thing. People can either choose to be kind, or not. They can choose to accept the kindness other people want to give them or take it for granted. I enjoy being kind to other people whether if it’s just a simple thank you or helping them when they are in need of something. To me, it is simple to be kind, it makes me feel like a good person and I enjoy that. I never expect anything in return and I never really expect anyone to be kind to me, especi...
Reciting poetry won’t make a girl cry.If you write in red pen it wontMake me love you more.I can’t always think up the words to say…You took up all the space,Now there’s nothing left fro me.You think you’re so cool, you rule the world,You make me puke.I see right through you....
There was a time where I lost faith in humanity. Okay, not completely, but my faith was slowly crumbling. It came to the point where I stopped watching and reading the news because the only things that were on were either heinous crimes or Kim Kardashian. Oddly, I still held on to a strand of hope that maybe something would change, and surprisingly, it did. Flashing back to October, I was sitting in a desk with my sister and volunteering at a voting fair. We were in char...
Everyone should help in making the world a better place each and every day. Many fights between loved ones or random people you might happen way too often. You should make a random act of kindness for someone you do not know. When my grandmother was in the hospital with a broken hip I went to visit her every single day. Even though she had her rough days I knew that me going there would brighten it a little bit. As I watched her suffer I noticed she did not like the hospital ...
In one of the bright evening, me and my cousin were walking back home after a tiring soccer game. As we were about to reach our home, we saw an elderly man trying to get his grocery inside his home. Even though he was only three houses away from mine, I really haven’t known him or even had any conversation. Whenever he used to see me, he used to smile and wave his hand. I remembered him at that time and we walked up to him to ask whether we can help him or not. He replied wit...