Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students:
  Feb. & March 2016
"Second Chances"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

A fresh start to life is something we all work towards as it is human nature to constantly mess up. We are never perfect, and we have to accept whatever comes in life whether positive or negative because sometimes things happen for a reason. Being given a second chance is one of the biggest ways to redeem the actions that were done in the past, but it is only effective if the mistakes in the past that led us into a second chance are corrected. It is impossible to grow as...
Movers and Packers in Delhi Packers and Movers in NoidaDelhi based relocating organizations have got advantageous concept via Packers and Movers Delhi position. They've got previously premium quality as well as cost-effective choices in several components like house divorce proceedings, management and business in addition to organization divorce proceedings, firm as well as retail store moving, and the like. In case you are moving via Delhi position eventually specialized r...
We like to believe that the world is black and white, that we can apply one solution to any problem. We would be incorrect. There are no universal solutions, only universal concepts that may help build solutions. You may be asking: “what does this have to do with second chances?” Well, let me explain. When it comes to second chances we often make the “universal solution” mistake. We think that any wrong deserves the same punishment. Really, though, that is far too non-speci...
It's funny that you ask that actually. A second chance is the reason why i'm with my boyfriend. He broke my heart like no other and I thought that I would never forgive him, I honestly didn't even want to be friends with him at all my sophomore year, and I let him know that too. I was kind of a mean person to him, but in my eyes, he deserved it! Then May came around and school was almost over, I had so many plans for the summer, and I was completely over him and it ...
If you’re a big music geek, you might have heard of the band Paramore. In one of their songs, the singer melodically trills the lyric “Second chances, they don’t ever matter, people never change.” While those words are very true, there are some cases where second chances do matter. Perhaps the reason your friend screwed you over was a simple miscommunication. Perhaps they just didn’t know what was going on. Perhaps they just didn’t know what made you tick. Either way, second ...
No matter the circumstance- everyone has been given a second chance. Whether it’s with a relationship, a job, or even something small, everyone is grateful for the opportunity to do something over. Some people grow up with belief that people deserve a second chance. Some people believe that it’s a right. No matter your religion, or what you believe; you have been given a second chance. It’s harder to give second chances then to get them. We all accept the love we think w...
When someone is given a second chance, the first thing assumed is that that person is forgiven. That is not always the case because though given a second chance, the actions one takes to reach forgiveness is taken into account and if it does not reach a certain expectation, forgiveness may not be reached. Some people do not realize that saying 'sorry' is not the key to a second chance and is but one of the many steps required to gain trust back. In some cases, forgiveness wil...
There is people in this world that don't deserve second chances. Sometimes a person will mess something up so much that the way you look at them changes forever, and a simply sorry wont erase what you already know, what you have already seen. Not giving someone a second chance doesn't mean you hate them though. You can still be around them, still talk with them, but that doesn't mean you have to forgive them. You just deal with them. My aunt got really drunk and destroyed a b...
Every person in this universe has made a mistake at one point or another. People need to forgive and forget. People do things not knowing that they are hurtful and demeaning. It has happened to me, and I always forgive the person and give them another chance. Second chances are a wonderful thing everyone should have. I know that this starts with my own life. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” ...
I'm relying on someone and something that I am not even sure is real. I am relying on that someone to make me who I used to be. I am relying on that someone to reunite me with the people I have lost. I am relying on something that there's no proof of. I am relying on someone to come and reassure me that I'm gonna make it through this life I've been given. I am relying on someone to make me who I used to be. I am relying on a belief to make my life meaningful. I am relying on ...
Do you honestly believe everyone deserves a second chance? I personally believe criminals don't deserve second chances. Would you want a murderer, rapist, or smuggler to get another chance? Another redo? What's the difference between a second chance and a tenth chance? They still are both do overs. How would you feel if there were a released criminal living next to you? Most people would be quite uncomfortable. It has actually been shown that most criminals continue their dir...
"I know that people make mistakes; it’s not what they did but how they fix it and what happens after."We can be hard on people. We give up when they screw up. We put them down when they are trying hard to rise up. We are quick to criticize small errors. We are slow to forgive. We ignore. We roll our eyes. We exclude.We are all guilty at times.BUT,When we are quick to judge, we need to take a step back and think about the second chances.The Bible is full of peopl...
The primary leader of India's independence movement and also the architect of a form of non-violent civil disobedience is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi or as we call him Mahatma Gandhi. He was also the creator of many quotes that changed a lot of lives."If we could change ourselves the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature so does the attitude of the world towards him. We need not to see what others do."The real question here is what will...
One of the key problems with many communit)experience racism and discrimination and it feels horrible.Rather trdating others like trash the should consider treating others with love and respect. One thing I do and encourage others to do is to accept anyone because their race or religion don't matter. A way I will change peoples feelings is by starting a blog where i can help others with their feelings....
Everything that has happened and will happen can be seen as an infinite web of consequences.This web can be woven in such a way that a cow's burping into the breeze has an effect (however minute) on every life in the world, and possibly in the known universe, if extraterrestrials happen to be watching. I'm not at all saying that we should blame global warming on the methane in cow burps, as cows play an extremely small part in emitting greenhouse gasses; however, if all c...
January 14, 2016 — the nominations for the 88th Academy Award were announced. For the second year in a row, none of the twenty acting nominations was filled by a person-of-color. Also for a second year, the public is outraged over how “Oscar'ssowhite,” a trending hashtag on Twitter. People are confused and irritated over how the top entertainment institution in the U.S. can fail to recognize the abundance of brilliant works done by African America actors or actresses, twice. ...
Change. According to Merriam Webster, change means to become different. But how can the world be different if all teens want these days is to become the same. Every teenage girl strives to get the best shoes and the most branded clothes. But why? How can the world become different if the future generation is so homogeneous? How can we become the future leaders of the country if all we strive for is “the look”. Girls like me should not want to follow the latest trend to buy th...
Be the change: Women Who Can Change the WorldNowadays, education for girls is a vital aspect of our society. In the past, it was not that significant to teach women. However, today women play an important role in transforming society in every aspect from law, medicine, information technology, business and politics. In this essay, I will analyze my thoughts and suggestions on how women can influence significant issues around the globe. Also, I will discuss how my visit to In...
I am a proud supporter of self-love - human beings do not come with set proportions and dimensions, and bodies of all shapes and sizes deserve to be cherished. So here’s my confession: I used to hate my body. Being Indian, I’ve grown up in a culture where a fair complexion means everything - the lighter one’s skin is, the more beautiful they’re considered. At the distress of my extended family, I was born with the ‘curse’ of being the color of a Hershey’s dark chocolate b...
I believe we can all change ourselves for the better, if we revolutionise our thinking in relation to important worldwide issues, such as the natural environment; as Gandhi has suggested with his famous quote. In doing so, we will be able to understand more about this concept and so be more inclined in helping it to develop and grow more efficiently. Consequently, Gandhi is quintessentially telling us to make the change ourselves and not to wait for the ch...
Caty Diaz Michael Frederick31 January, 2016English II Femininity Starting a feminist blog is something I want to do to help change the world. The Reason behind this is because everyday I encounter many ignorant people that have no respect for the rights that women have. For example, everyone who says that it should be illegal for women or young girls to get an abortion need to stop and realize that it is not their body. Women should be able to do whatever they want...
Be the change,you can be the change and make the difference in this whole world. In India the main reason of problem is poverty. we can provide with them water, we can give them food.we have to to follow the rules and regulation ,today you will follow tomorrow other. when you starts to follow then no one can say you that first you follow.actually, there is nothing in the world which can never change .you be the change the world will automatically change. the first step to c...
I'm very sure that if you ask about what changes need the world to people, the majority of them will say that, obviously, the world needs to change in some ways, but that it isn't in their hands. As I see it, it is too easy to sit down and lament about the problem, without thinking about the solution. In the world, there are a lot of problems to solve and wrong things to change, like poverty and the hunger of millions of people. I think that everyone knows that those things ...
Like everybody else, I listen to LifeFM; 24:7 it’s all I hear, with its individual message for me, reporting what’s going on outside my station. LifeFM is a kaleidoscope of sounds: lush peace talks, power-hungry ballads on so-and-so’s political campaign, and white noise ringing out the cries of the latest terror attack victims. But, what LifeFM doesn’t play on the mainstream wavelength, not all of us get the opportunity to hear, meaning a mere fraction get the opportunity to...
Many believe that racial prejudice all but ended with desegregation, and that sexism and discrimination based on sexuality are no longer pressing social issues thanks to new legal developments. These issues, however, are still in need of much attention and ardent activism. Although laws are in place to prevent discrimination based on race, gender, or sexuality, many still maintain hidden prejudices against people that are different from them. Some say that this is a product ...
The stream of refugees is a significant global problem. Since the Arab spring started in Tunisia, it has spread to other North African countries like a bushfire and finally it has ignited Syria. Instead of a democratic revolution, it brought war and misery, leaving the country in uncontrollable chaos. Now, as a consequence, millions of Syrians are fleeing from their home to Europe, in particular, to countries like Hungary, Sweden and Germany, hoping to find a haven. However, ...
I consider myself one of the lucky ones. In my life, events have been so timely placed that as soon as I get a little cocky, or start to think, “it won’t ever happen to me,” it does. It happens to me, and I am again humbled. For example, two days ago my mom finally let one of my friend’s brothers drive me home. She always says that she doesn’t trust high schooler’s driving skills, so I am always stuck on the bus wishing I could join in the after-school shenanigans of my fell...
In 6th grade, my language arts teacher made us debate whether or not a utopia was possible after reading books that were about attempted utopias that had failed, such as The Giver. Although we all know that utopia in real life is not possible, we can dream about our own utopia. My utopia consists of equal opportunities in education for everyone because education has the power to change your life. Education is such a valuable component in a person’s life because it can dete...
Gandhi’s statement regarding how a change in a single individual can cause a change in the world may seem too optimistic to some. However, a change in a person’s mind or values inevitably influences those around him or her, which subsequently reaches out to the larger community. I have personally experienced Gandhi’s insight into this matter, as my work in the Korea Youth Federation for HIV/AIDS revolved around the idea of micromanaging the change in people’s perspectives. Bu...
Many people in our world are homeless and do not have the proper resources to be able to impact our world in a positive way. If we give the proper materials needed to live and strive in our community to these people in need, they would be able to impact our community because they will be able to go out and get jobs and make a change in our economy. If we give resources needed to live to the homeless people, it would open up a world full of new jobs, inventions, and ideas that...