Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students:
June / July 2015
"There's an App for That"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

I'm just testing to see now it works...
Precious wasn’t a real troubled girl. She just acted on the bad things that her and her family went through, it was mainly death. She had a best friend named Princess, she is surrounded by so much death that it’s unbelievable. Her grandfather is also surrounded by death, but it was something no one could control unlike with Princess. Precious’ aunt had a number of little disasters that she wishes never happened. Precious hates her dad so much that she wishes he was dead, but ...
Vent. Whenever you want to brag or just complain about life you can always go to Vent. This app changed my life. Society doesn't accept many things. If someone were to say that they were going to kill themselves, some may laugh while others will call them attention-whores. These people may never have a place where they can really let anything out. That's what Vent is for. I found out about Vent through a friend. It was love at first sight. During this time I was stru...
My best friend had a crush on this guy. Being the dumb the little seventh graders we were, we decided that it would be smart to give her crush Jolly Ranchers. Of course she didn't just give him them and it ended like that. We made a whole plan. Every day we after musical practice we would go upstairs to his locker. My best friend knew the locker combination to her crushes locker. She would open up the locker and then sneak in a Jolly Rancher every day. It was a fun but scary ...
As an average high school student, I love to come home after a long day at school and lay down on the couch and watch television. One day during the middle of my routine I thought to myself, “what if there was a way I could be rewarded for watching television?” And after a quick two minute search I found Viggle, the revolutionary app that rewards you simply for watching your favorite TV shows and movies on television. All you have to do is log on to the app, check in using th...
For those of you who have struggled through this world, finding your true self, accepting both the flaws and the beauties of the real world, Tumblr just may be your app. It is indeed what most would call a “social media” app, but the community that exists in Tumblr is what is truly remarkable. Like many remarkable inventions that exist on the Internet, there are of course some imperfections in the app. From the limited quantity of inappropriate content to the small amount...
In a world dominated by technology, it seems that everyone is so focused on finding something wrong with being into your phone. While I agree that never looking up from your phone can have some possible negative effects, who’s to say that being into your phone is entirely bad? Surely, there is some good that must come out of this.Today, there’s an app for everything. You name it; there’s one for it. Whether you need to read books through Amazon Kindle or find where your favo...
Five hundred miles away from me, is a friend of mine. He’s taking a hike in a destination that has been called the most amazing place in the world. Of course, he doesn’t realize that because he’s staring at his phone, completely oblivious to the aesthetic beauty that surrounds him. Instead of adoring the nature he’s walking through, he’s responding to a message that I sent him on the Facebook messenger app. Five hundred miles away from him, I’m at a family reunion, sitting in...
Every day I wake up with the desire to search for something that will make me smile. As part of my morning routine, I simply enter the password on my phone and open up the app that makes me smile or laugh at least a dozen times a day. We Heart It is a mobile app that allows users to share pictures of all kinds with others. It's an app that completely changed my life as I enjoy the happy vibes that radiate off from it from countless pictures that capture joyful moments in...
When I first got my phone a little over a year ago, downloading the popular app Snapchat was at the top of my list. I was eager to use Snapchat as a way to send photos to my friends, just like how one might send text messages. I was convinced it would bring me closer to friends, because unlike the filtered, perfected pictures that are posted on Instagram or Facebook, Snapchat pictures would be “real”.As I further explored Snapchat, I found that I was right in assuming that p...
Stay true to yourselfLove yourselfBe yourselfAppreciate yourselfUnderstand yourselfFree yourselfEmbrace yourselfand don't forget, you walk the road on your own. It's yours and no one else's. Do not allow people to overstep the mark. Do not let anyone ruin your state of mind or cause you to reduce your composure.Last but not least,hold on to that rope that pulls you the right wayTrust in HimLove HimGod owes us nothing yet we owe God everything. Every beautiful ...
Honestly, I haven't gone through what the others have written to see how they've gone about this particular topic. It's a trick one. Imagine how a single application out of the many that have had an impact on one. There are so many networking apps that one could resort to and what I've chosen for mine is Whatsapp. Why? It isn't because of the free texting thing it has, although that comes as part of the package, but there is more to it than that.You know how most people have...
Everything we once knew is changing and evolving. For so long we were afraid of the change that once it came into the modern world it transfixed many of us into a state of mind that formed us into someone we weren’t. We seem to be forgetting who we were once were, who we currently are, and who we aspire to be. The society we once knew is altering into something else. Once the main concern was war, disease,and poverty, but now we seem to be focused on the life inside our pho...
Two years ago when I first got an instagram, I saw it as a way to be social and stay in touch with friends who lived far away. In some ways instagram has helped me keep in touch. In other ways it accomplished the opposite. Instgram has proved itself to be neither an aboslute good nor an absolute evil. the questions instagrammers must ask themselves is whether the pro's outweigh the cons. I will admit, I was able to prolong long-distance friendships through con...
Speaking as a mom, prom is an awesome blast from the past. Sure it’s overrated, but given the choice, we wouldn’t want to give it up. Who wouldn’t want to indulge in the sentimental nostalgia of Forever Seventeen – all dressed-up with our high school BFFs and sweethearts, without a worry for tomorrow? So much preparation, anticipation, planning and yes, ‘proma’ (prom-drama)…and then in a flash, everyone wakes up exhausted, hung-over, make-up smudged and with a few hundred pro...
When life was a long, long lonely nightWithout the least hope of a dawn,When all the sky was a howl, beloved,And all the earth was a lamentDrained of wandering:Vanilla-languid musk of noonAnd the long-drawn candlelit plainsWith the cold perennial moon;Punch-drunk clouds that roamAre waiting to rest,Be homeThe heavens put on a callous blueAnd nobody could believe to care;And when the dawn did come, sometimes,It hurled like a blood-stone, redOctober leaves cov...
There are over a million apps in Apple’s App Store, but is there one app more important than Skype? With Skype a person can video chat, call and message others.People from all around the world now have an opportunity to get in touch with friends or relatives that they haven't seen in a long time or live far away. Skype is one of the only things in the world that can make you feel at home even though you far away from it. My Family and I moved to America from India in...
Wattpad is an app that contains the world's largest community for readers and writers. Wattpad provides over 100 Millionstories to read in categorises such as short stories, poetry, non-fiction, fantasy, romance and many more. All the stories are published on the app by other members of the wattpad community. Wattpad changed my life. Books can be expensive and with the nearest library an hour drive away from my house it is often hard to get new books. However Wattpad l...
Swoosh! Brandon watched as the ball glided through the net, then hustled over to the next shooting spot and squared up. As soon as Ronny had rebounded the ball and got it back into Brandon’s hands, the ball was in the net. Swish! The same pass, the same result - through the bottom of the net. Swoosh! This time, Brandon didn’t need Ronny to rebound for him. He grabbed the ball, took two dribbles, and slammed home a vicious 360 dunk. He hung, precarious, on the rim for a few se...
The rain smashed into the ground gracefully I wondered if that was your plan all along To gracefully smash into the concrete groundThats all i can now think after hearing about how you tried to fling yourself from the top of a building. I remember your text message. You told me we could no longer be friends. We were best friends. It sucked the remaining oxygen from my lungs. It was as if i was drowning without the need for water the walls started to close in as my p...
As I was panting up the hill, I told myself “I am never joining a sports team ever again.”Despite being hopelessly unathletic, I decided to join the cross-country team in hopes of getting at least a bit of exercise. It didn’t sound too bad; there were only three meets, and each race was under 5 km in length.And here I was, running up a giant hill, hating myself for the stupid decision to join the cross-country team. After about a minute of running up the hill, my legs...
How many people can make you feel truly special?How many people can break your heart?How many people can break themselves?How many people can heal completely?How many people can one person undeniably love?The truth is, there really is no answer. One person can destroy you completely, while another can complete you.We do not have a choice in the matter, even if we wanted to. But, we can either choose to heal and move on,Or to let it consume ...
A favorite app of mine would definitely be Soundcloud. Soundcloud allows both current and hopeful music stars to share their creations with the world for free. Soundcloud allows users to make an account and upload their music to the “cloud”, where it is available for anybody to listen to and check out! One of the main reasons I love Soundcloud is because it allows you to discover new and upcoming artists and check out their work. Personally, I have found lots of new songs and...
Of all the apps that I have downloaded onto my phone, I have to say my all-time favorite is most definitely Vine. Vine is an app that allows people to post and share short, six-second video clips, called Vines, with each other. The clips are played on a non-stop loop. Celebrities and normal people alike both post Vines and you can follow whoever you want! The reason why I love Vine so much is because everyday, so many new Vines are posted and each one is different from the ne...
There’s an App for That: The App to Change Your Social LifeInstagram. A place where you display images and short videos of yourself in everyday life. They say it’s for any age, but seriously, we all know it’s for teenagers wanting to brag about something. Because what kid wants to look at their parent’s sad attempt of a selfie? But the average teens mind isn’t all that exciting. ‘OMG, look at my cereal’ is some ones caption under a picture of a bowl of Froot Loops. Then p...
I remember when I first downloaded flappy bird. The angry posts concerning the application peaked my interest, which led to a regretful decision, which led to the small wheel on the screen finishing loading my shiny new app. When I opened it up, I almost regretted it immediately.I was consumed with a burning emotion; if it had to be described, it would be something of anger and harmony. The game made me very angry, but yet my brain insisted on continuing to try. I quickly b...
I never see any faces, only the top of heads tilted to better look at their phone screen. We are amidst an epidemic and I admit to have contributed to it. Computers, laptops, iphones, ipads and every other idevice have taken over our lives. We are living in an age where everyone has two personas, their online avatar and their real-life counterpart. This change is overall for the better: with groundbreaking technological advances and increased connectivity. However our overuse...
as I was starting freshmen year in high school I was so nervous because I didn't know what high school was like.I knew my best friend from JR. high was going to be there so I wouldn't be so alone. once I started I met some really awesome people. the first person was named Amber I knew her and I were going to have an awesome friendship....
Humans are curious. We wonder, we experiment, we create, we always want to know more about the world around us. Hence the study of astrophysics, which is undoubtedly fascinating but has yet to provide humanity with anything other than satisfaction of our insatiable curiosity. We see something in the world around us that we find interesting, and we want to know more about it However, sometimes we don’t even know where to start looking for that information.There should be ...
Instagram. Candy Crush. Facebook. Yelp. There are over a billion apps on the app store today, and each and every one has a significant impact on our lives, whether we realize it or not. However, the one app that I believe has the most profound effect on everyone's lives is Twitter. In 140 characters or less, users must express thought, feelings, ideas, usually on a daily basis. Twitter even affects those who don't personally use the app. Cultural, social, economic, and polit...