Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students: May 2015

"Teacher Appreciation"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

Teachers are one of the most beloved people in a student's life. Without teachers, students would not learn. However, the relationship goes deeper than that. On average, the high school student spends half of their typical week day at school and making interactions with their teachers, which can add up to more time with teachers rather than one's own parents. As a result, teachers are vastly affect to a student's development. I can recall a very special teacher, in th...
My first year in high school was the first time I entered a public school. I had been attending a private school my whole life, and with this terrifying change, I turned into a completely isolated teenager. I did not know anybody and to add to the disaster, I was culture-shocked: there were about 60 students in a small un-air-conditioned classroom and all seemed to know each other and were rather rash. At one point, I witnessed two guys quarrel over a piece of candy and at a...
To me, the definition of a great teacher can be a laid back and chill teacher or a demanding, strict teacher. However, I don't believe the best teacher has to have a personal, intimate moment with their students, where they have the ability to change their lives. I believe that the best teacher respects the student enough to let them work at their pace and interfere only when they need to. I'm not going to tell you a story about someone who made me believe in education and ...
It’s the middle of March and everything feels routine. Our teachers are just as tired as we are, the promise of summer seeming close and far away all at once. We are cramming for AP tests, falling asleep in the middle of lectures, and wearing the same sweatshirt three days in a row. It was senior year. But there’s a break in the routine when our AP Literature teacher announces that next week she will be taking her maternity leave until the end of the year. Sure, we all ...
Most of the superheroes in comic books wear a cape. Capes that they wear around their neck to symbolize that they are a bit different from your average person. I am blessed enough to say that my superhero is my Spanish teacher, Mrs. Kazlauskas. She is the only superhero in my life that can make my day better with a slight smile. But Mrs. K doesn’t wear a cape. She wears a ribbon. This ribbon is light pink, and it’s tied around her heart for the rest of her life. Mrs. K,...
Teachers are arguably some of the hardest workers that you will ever meet. Throughout my time in High school I have heard the complaints of countless high school students. "I had to get up so early this morning like I' m so tired" or "Oh my god I have so much homework tonight like oh my god" are just a couple examples of what I hear. I am also guilty of complaining quite often as well. However, one must stop to consider the fact that teachers have to put in just as much, if n...
For as long as I can remember, I have been passionate about languages, more specifically English. In retrospect, it all started in kindergarten with my parents’ adamant choice of me having to study English. Although being reluctant at first, I grasped this opportunity and not only have not I let it go so far but I also applied to the local Foreign Language School and picked up German as a second foreign language. Therefore, it is half true to say that my destiny has been dete...
[color=darkred]It’s easy to feel invisible, alone, forgotten, insignificant but it takes dedication to bring someone back from the abyss that they’ve been flung into and few seem to try. When you’ve been abandoned and another person you needed to be there gives up on you, your descent becomes faster and you wish to feel nothing but the wind hitting your skin. Unfortunately life isn’t that simple and it becomes more difficult when you can’t escape the death grip depression has...
Everyone wants to be remembered, as typical as that sounds, it is so true. I go to school in a place where it is practically impossible to remember any kid. We all wear the same dull, drab uniforms, same low-cut hair, same white socks and black sandals, same dark brown skin and jet black hair and sometimes I can't blame the teachers for never remembering usThere is nothing exceptional about me, I am smart but there are many smart people out there. I can write but there are w...

Hi,my name is jason voorhees im 15 and i attend jason voorhees high schoolas im a freshmen and no i do not have any relation with the school name but its kinda ironic.Today is thursday feb 12 and tommorow is the first day of school also known as friday the 13th.i dont really like the school im going to for a couple of reasons my friend lebron james isnt going to voorhees he is going to attend chucky high school so i will be without my bestfriend throught high school but one ...
horror...
A teacher has an amazingly large capacity to impact a student's life.they have control of them for seven hours a day, every day, while that are at the most impressionable stages of their life. There have been many teachers who have impacted me over the course of my school career, but I think the one with the strongest positive impact was my 10 th grade humanities teacher, Mr. Currie. His incredible passion and zealous teaching style brought history to life. I had loved histor...
If a student’s life is a candle, then his/her teacher is the match that brings light to it. Mrs. Huizing was the first match who brought warmth to my life during my first year in Canada this unfamiliar country. She lent me a patient ear despite my deficiency of English; she peered into my lonely heart when I tried to hide in my own safe haven; she reminded me the value of life is in enjoying my life instead of mere grades. Though I have always refused to admit my fondness of...
Cold hardcore month's.Well he was amazing I trusted him but didn't give him any courage of letting him know that I did. He was always around when I needed him kept me going. We shared alot epic and fun moments we could talk about anything that was on our minds. Clearly from my understanding it was perfect .Things were fine for a while we'd argue but that was ironically normal but we got over it I knew from the beginning that he wasn't the loyal type which I knew but he convi...
“My Teacher” PoemThe one who handed me the pen of virtue,The one who voiced the words of motivation,The one who held my pen and taught me to write,The one who smiled when I was wrong,The one who valued my errors,The one who taught me with her skills,The one who is stuck in my long term memory,The one who enthused me to put pen to paper,The one whom I’m proud of,Her words never ceased me to stay amazed. -Areesha SialI had never b...

story on effect of social mesia on teenagers...
For whatever reason it is, everyone has that certain teacher that stands out to them in a way that is unforgettable. For me, that person was my fourth grade teacher, Ms. Louie. Not only was she young, spunky, and fun, but she knew how to get her point across and teach our class new things in exciting ways and methods. Her love of teaching and helping young students has inspired me personally to want to become a teacher when I am older. I have yet to meet a person that ha...
The teacher is in addition to the family should be most grateful, because they take all the knowledge they know to impart to us. Teachers are great, they all teach us how to be a helpful and let us become a knowledgeable person. The teacher always worry about us, because they want us to be of help to society.My favorite teacher is my English teacher. My English teacher was very funny she always drive us, active classroom atmosphere. My English teacher is the person I most wa...

...
One week before my thirteenth birthday, I got caught cheating in school. Thinking back on that event makes me cringe because I can hardly believe I ever did that, considering how severely I hate the act now. However, back when I was young and immature, a close friend and I used to give one another good grades on homework assignments without actually grading them like we were supposed. Naturally, we did not see this as cheating because it was not on a test and it hardly impac...
Are video games good for human psychology?...
Am I cool?...
“come in the room and take a card on the table solve the problem then go find your partner with the same number as you then sit together” that’s what Ms. Jones would say to us every time we go to her math class. She would always have math games for us to solve. Ms. Jones would always give us work to in her class but she makes sure we understand the work she give us, she would always tell us to ask her questions if we didn’t understand what she gave us so she wo...
I remember when I was in third grade, I was not good at math and I had very bad handwriting. My homeroom teacher was very stern but funny. My classmates and I called him Mr. Dinh. Once time, Mr. Dinh gave us a math problem. It looked simple and easy for me, so I did it and turned it in to him. After Mr. Dinh checked it, he just knocked my forehead and said, “You’re wrong. Do it again!”. I did that problem again three times but it was still wrong. I was mad and felt ...
Teachers are often under appreciated. Students take advantage of the people who teach them subjects they do not find real matter in. The question of "how could I ever use this in the real world?" is always brought up because they do not look past their own ignorant mindsets. As a freshman in high school, I was lucky enough to come across an extraordinary woman, teacher, role model, and mother. In the past three years she has managed to teach me about geometry, honors algebra,...
Teacher Appreciation: The Value of an Exceptional TeacherIt is an average day in the best English class ever: my teacher, Ms. Le, commences the period with her usual enthusiastic greeting, “GOOD MORNING CLASS!” Jolted awake by her emphatic vociferation, we dutifully attempt to respond with just as much vivacity: “GOOD MORNING, MS. LE!” It is suprising how much boisterousness can emerge from her small frame. After our routine exchange of courtesies, Ms. Le interacts with us ...
By the time I graduate from high school, I will have spent about 10,000 hours at school being instructed by more than 30 teachers. In the beginning of those 10,000 hours, on the first day of high school, I walked into Mr. Sabo’s English 9 class, an oblivious freshman quite unaware of the impact the class would have on me for the rest of my life. On that first day, Mr. Sabo asked us to write a reflection on who we are and bring it to share with the class the next day. Th...
I once had a teacher with an overactive mouth. As a rather slothful junior higher, I did not mind her droning on and on and on about her spiritual revelations. In fact, I practically enjoyed them. A "guess what" meant a good five to ten minutes listening to a story rather than learning about how electricity and magnetism work.As much as I loved relaxing for the first several minutes of class, it slowly grew tiring. And eventually, the teacher's droning lasted for ten minute...