Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students: March 2015

"What's Your Weather Story?"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

I was at a christian camp in Michigan with my youth group for a week during the summer of 2011. We had been having really nice sunny, cool weather for almost the entire week that we had been there. Then the day before we were going to be leaving, the weather started to get cloudier. Around the late afternoon it started to sprinkle, and it continued to get worse throughout the day. Everyone had to go back to their tents early because the rain was getting too intense. While we ...
We all know when we are standing at the pearly gates on our last day on earth we are faced with our Maker. That is judgment day. It is too bad that isn’t the only judgment day that you are faced with in your life time. Once I entered high school it became very clear to me that, even attending a Christian school, kids around me were very judgmental. Judging someone on the way they look or not even knowing that person is unfair. Oftentimes people judge on how the way others l...
The weather is one of those things that we wish we could control; yet God once again shows his wrath through his wonderful creation. We can change the way we physically look, we can change the way the atmosphere of God's creation looks, but when it comes to weather, that is the true vision of Christ's existence. Everyday I feel as if science tries their best to find a new way to play God. Changing the way our children will look, changing the way creation grows, but...
Every day I put on my cleats and shin guards and throw my hair up in a ponytail. For many years I have been subject to the soccer field. The sport has become such an important part of my life that I have learned many things because of it. I have learned what I enjoy and look for in a teammate or coach, how to work with other people, and what weather works best with my sport. Where I live, if the sun is out it usually means that it is warm or hot outside. When preparing for...
Weather: Cloudy day with bitter joy Life is not just like the weather that can change anytime without your permission but also can destroy the joy of your perfect day. Most of the people may hope that every single day would be a sunny day as its brightness shine through our faces seems telling us the brand-new day comes again. We may not permit to get what we want just for our wishes. Well, weather and life are quite equally stand on the same line in my dict...
On of the first steps of the Scientific Method is to identify independent variables. These are measurements that when altered, can lead to many changing results. This input-output mechanism is apparent in life. Weather is most likely the most influential of all independent variables. One sweep of Mother Nature can bring nurturing spring showers and melting sunshine. Another sweep can bring devastating draught and flooding downpours. Everyday, weather determines our mood, obst...
The weather is an important factor in life that can cause people’s moods to change and lead them to do more activities. The weather doesn't completely affect how my mood will be like for the rest of the day but it does somewhat change it. I become happier with the shining sun and have more energy to do activities but when it’s cold out my body doesn't want to move, I just want to warm up and do nothing at all. Of course everyone is different from me. I've seen people who beco...
Inferior, meaning sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Being call ugly, fat, a dike, and white cracker is truly enough. Why say anything, if you have nothing nice to say? Is it ignorance or power? It's both. Some people think power and ignorance is the way to go because in their lives everything went wrong for them and it's sad. When you call someone the worst name in the book, you never know what it might lead to. Afraid to go anywhere, low sel...
Powerless. Weak. Inferior. Worthless. These are all feelings that slowly begin to consume me. I remember myself in second grade, proudly performing a dance routine with my friends for the school talent show. A bright, young spirit filled with promise, beaming with elation. And now, I’ve been reduced to a shadow of a person, sleepwalking through life, all because of my fear to dream. I’m a sixteen-year-old perfectionist, but that doesn’t define who I am. I am a hard worker, a ...
The story can go just as simple as buying a drink at Starbucks on a typical Sunday. Just a few years ago when I still needed my mom to cross the street and tie my shoelaces, I was daring enough to step inside the Starbucks shop and stand in the line alone. It was congested with people as usual; they were all tapping their shoes, checking on their watches constantly, and peeking out of the line to count how many more people stood ahead. I straightened my back. I crossed my ar...
“No one can make you feel feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt uttered these words in her autobiography, This is My Story, in 1937. She had carried the title of “First Lady” for four years, but those years were plagued by America’s severe economic crisis. International relations were unstable, and the United States would declare war against the Axis powers only four years later. The unemployment rate was a paltry 14.3% in the year Eleanor Roosevelt publi...
My definition of inferiority is when you can't be heard by others, when you have to scream to be heard, when you have to change something about yourself to "fit" another person's criteria of being the ''ideal" person. All of these instances have occurred from coast to coast and many of them have ended poorly. One specific incident that has stood out to me from my own experiences, was when a friend was driving me home. I knew him from a couple of classes we had together. H...
Leslie Marquez02.27.20157thMrs. ReeseEleanor Roosevelt Quotation: Eleanor Roosevelt Quotation: I have the power and ability in my hands! In the Eleanor Roosevelt saying what is telling many of the audience is that we have the ability to decide how they treat us. We first have to love ourselves, have confidence within ourselves and we also have to respect ourselves because once we start loving ourselves; respecting ourselves comes easy. Therefore, YOU decide how they...
A Better Me When i was seven i felt the most inferior , because not only was it my birthday but it was the day my dad left forever , but to this day i don’t let it over encumber my life decisions , it allows me to strive into becoming more focused , and understanding of the world around me. If you asked me who i wanted to be and who i looked up to most in my life , it would have to be my nurturing brother , Omar , because he has always been by my side , after our dad left ...
Perseverance....I repeated the word over and over in my head. My mother told me I would be fine and that I had perseverance. She seemed so positive, I believed her. I was fourteen years old and commencing my life in Mississippi. Three states and four school changes in five years was becoming unbearable and difficult to make friends. Having an Egyptian father and mother from Massachusetts was already awkward living down South. My mom, who attended a Catholic Women's Colle...
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Feeling inferior means feeling down. Everyone chooses the way they want to be treated and everyone deserves respect.A waterfall of negativity wouldn't be able to destroy me was the mindset I had.Personally as I have experience this feeling and it isn't pleasant at all. I felt worthless and that one experience made a big impact in my life."Diana seeing these low grades wont get you far in life, i don't even see a futur...
Inferiority plays a significant part in every high schoolers' life. Duping the societal hierarchy is an impossible task. The majority of students will feel either the highs or the lows of this caste-like society. Eleanor Roosevelt's assertion, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent," is often a possible aspect to execute in everyday life. That said, it's a particularly herculean task. When bigoted people attempt to belittle others, it reflects m...
It was my first day of dance class. I was never one of those little girls who begged for lessons so that they could be glamorous or anything. I actually can't even remember exactly why I went into dance lessons. Nonetheless, on a muggy summer day, 6th-grader me slunk into the studio for my first class, all too aware of my thick limbs and less than perfect body. It seemed that everyone there was thin, toned, delicate, and perfect. I was a sheep in a room of gazelles. This was...
The quote “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” has bulleted meaning to me. When you tell yourself to pick yourself up and not to let harsh things get to you is harder than it sounds. It’s not as easy as just brushing it off your shoulder right away, and forgetting everything that had just happened. Everyone wants to say she is strong enough to get through whatever comes her way, but until you actually go through something that makes you question yourse...
Imagine growing up as an immaculate newborn, then a playful infant, soon a belligerent toddler, increasingly a pesky tween, and eventually an impressionable adolescent. Next, add two more human beings, maybe even two sisters to that whole evolution of youth. In summation, the product is my life—as a triplet girl. The phenomena of girlhood and all it so ambiguously rewards (and curses) was inherently and unavoidably handed to me on a very unique platter. All young women ob...
Inferior is a person lower than another in rank, status, or ability (goggle definition). People make others feel inferior for no reason or is it because they want to be the person in control of others and to be the main focus? Some kids are treated as inferiors by their classmates just because the way they look, the way they dress, or even because of their economy."No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"-Eleanor-Roosevelt that quote makes me understand tha...
According to Friedrich Nietzsche, “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” Throughout the eight years that I was bullied, this quote was stuck in my head until the bullying stopped. During the name-calling, the mean remarks behind my back that I could clearly hear, the stealing, and the exclusion that these bullies executed, this phrase was something that constantly remained in my head just to remind me to never give up. All of the bullying and all of the pain th...
People spend their valuable time, judging others, while those people feel ashamed and have that feeling buried deep inside them. These type of people, like every teen I see walk down the school hallway- are followers, doing drugs or acting cool, it’s the new thing now, trying to fit in. Everyone else had felt inferior, to others once in their life. As much as I tried to not be one one of those type of people, at one point I was. When I was eight years old I got bullied by a...
I have never made someone feel inferior, but myself.I say this because I feel that everybody is harsh on themselves because they are trying so hard to fit in society where everybody is perfect and in this society only celebrities live in we see them as perfect and we want to be like them so bad that we hurt ourselves so we could be like them and am guilty of that. I see all this perfect girls on t.v and on the internet that I start to wonder why can’t I be like them,but then ...
For some, there is a lot of truth and power in Eleanor Roosevelt’s quote. In my case, this particular quote is practically non-existent and invalid. Sure there have been times where I felt as though I were superior to some people, or even inadvertently made them feel inferior, whether it is for something as petty as grades, or possessing something they don’t. But that wasn’t always the case. I’ve spent a great deal of my life feeling inferior for a plethora of reasons, includ...
I am a person who is so insecure about anything...that I feel is bad-even if it is something small like a pimple and I know it isn’t a big deal but my mentality as if the world is going to end. I know that no one is perfect but when. I just think about it i can’t breathe and when I try to sleep on it, I feel like I think I am worthless and I think that I am a dust mite in an endless maze. When I try to climb out there is always something that makes me feel even less of myse...
Eleanor Roosevelt said “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” I feel like this can be right but it all depends on how strong the person is. For someone to be strong enough to withstand all the trash that’s being thrown at them, I applaud them. They must be so self confident with themselves and be proud of who they are, so if someone tries to make them feel small it just goes threw on ear and out the other. In my case I act like they don’t make me feel small...
When understanding this quote I begin to see the truth of inferiority. Everyone has power. Everyone has the ability to do something with their lives. They still have the power to feel like they are above or below people. It’s up to that person to feel like their inferior when compared to someone. There isn't a reason why someone should feel powerless, it is all a mental state in which a person is in. It’s in the mentality of the beholder. If someone thinks they are above some...
Have I ever felt inferior? Yes, I have... and I feel like we have power to not let other people let you feel that way. I have a choice to not let their negativity get to me, everyone is different nobody is perfect. Everyone judges by the way you look, dress, or speak but do they really know you? Not everyone can be the same. Just because you can’t be like them doesn't mean you’re less than others. I think a lot of people do decide to let others define them as something they a...
I am the youngest in my family from both sides, I also am not the most dramatic, or the most attention seeking one I am not the one who needs care. I am not a child, nor am I an adult. I felt not enough for the family, not outgoing enough not fun enough. It was not just in the family. There was always someone smarter, stronger, faster, better.And who care about them, the other people? I am me they are them. We cannot change each other. Why do we try? I do not know. I believ...