Writing Community for Teens

Teen BloggingTeen Blogging:  Share a Story.  Enter Writing Contests...

Stage of Life® is a teen writing community dedicated to teen bloggers.  Get involved with our teen blogging mission: Share a life experience, enter our monthly, national writing contests for high school students, explore our teen trends and student statistics, check out inspirational movies about high school students, save money with our coupons for students, and so much more. Whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to providing you an online journal to blog about your life.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com teen writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for students on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national writing contest for students: April 2015

"Animals in our lives"
Or...don't have a lot of time?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read Teen Stories and Writing Contest Essays

I’ve never owned a pet, and I don’t want one. Let me make things extremely clear. I do not hate animals. In fact, I genuinely enjoy being around animals, and I crave the relationship that an owner has with his pet. However, contrary to what may initially seem to be a logical solution to my cravings, I have intentionally chosen to not own a pet. The decision was not easy, but it was made with careful deliberation after Hachi. During the summer of 2013, my parents’ old frien...
Animals: My older brother was a cat. Shadow was in the family years before I was born, yet he was known as my cat. He wasn’t spectacular to look at. Shadow was found along with his mother and siblings in the wilderness. They took shelter beneath a boulder next to a flowing river. The only reason my mother noticed them was by their quite mewing. In the hole under the boulder three little kittens along with their mother were curled together. My mother began to fear for them sin...
I knew I was being ridiculous, but I couldn't seem to make myself move. My body remained tense, petrified against the garage wall as I watched my siblings pamper and fawn over the white bundle of fluff in front of me.It was a rabbit. My mind wrestled back and forth with itself as I tried to discern what this meant. For years I had wanted a dog-- ever since my dog had died when I was six. I had begged, bartered, threw tantrums, flattered, and pretty much done anything in my ...
About 16 years ago, my mom was pregnant with me and my parents owned a dog that they had adopted from a rescue shelter. They had adopted him many years before I was even born and he was loved and cherished from the day they took him in until the he died. Mickey was a black lab. He was the cutest, funniest, smartest, happiest most playful and caring dog a family could dream of. He could brighten your day and make you forget all of your worries. I loved Mickey more than I c...
I always knew my pets loved me as much as I loved them, but I never truly new until my dog died. My dog’s name was Guapo, my brother named her, and she was the sweetest dog I ever had. The day she died I rushed home form school to spend time with her because she had been sick all week. I stayed by her side all day, but I had to go to bed and once I left her side my mom went to check on her and she was dead. She waited for me to leave and then she let go. I cried all night bec...
Sometimes you just need comfort from someone you don't need to understand. It was a pitch black female pit bull mix called Bindi. Considered an adult in dog years, but as energetic as kid in Disneyland. Her slim body scurried around coffee tables and her big brown eyes commanded for food to be given to her. It was a chilly afternoon, the sky filled with an endless herd of grey clouds and the autumn wind strong enough to trickle goose bumps on your arm. Safely tucked away in...
my dog his name is titan and he was a k9 and there was loud explosions and it kept hurting his ears and he became deaf i noticed it when i was calling his name to come in side the house and i made a doctor appoinment and the doc said that he was deaf in both ears and it cost $900 just to get his hearing fixed i could not pay for that right off the bat so a month later i had the money and i went to the doc again and they took him in surgey and they fixed his hearing and now he...
Spring for me is more than a time period every year. As the starting point of a whole year, the spring is a season when every living thing comes to life. There is energy, hope, and freshness. Spring is a symbol, a sensation, and it has smells.When you observe grass starts to emerge from piles of snow and ice, you know spring is coming. When you see little animals starts to run pass your backyard, you know spring is coming. When you hear the drizzle continuing coming down fr...
Animals Animals have been very influential in my life. Without some of the pets I have had, I would probably not be the person I am today. I have grown up with now 3 dogs in the house. The first was Shelby, the second Molly, the third Nala. They have all been of the boxer breed, and our family loves the breed. Even though there are common problems with boxers, they are the prettiest dogs out there to us. Shelby was around from before I was born, until I was about 6 years ...
Some people would disagree that animals are like humans, but not me. Females are like dogs because when my dog pukes, it cleans it right back up. On the other hand, guys are like cats because if they puke they will cry (or meow) until my dog comes behind it and cleans it up. My dog, My Girl, and I are just alike. She has to have my mom's attention every second of the day no matter what my mom is doing. My Girl licks my mom all the time, which in dog language is a kiss. My mom...
There are many ways to tell when spring has arrived. One can use any of their five senses (taste, touch, sight, sound, and smell). One of my favourite senses to use in the springtime is smell. There are always an abundance of fragrances that are known as distinct spring scents. One of my favourite spring smells is the air. During the winter, the air seems to be tense and coarse. After a long, snowy winter, it is easy to get tired of heavy air. When spring finally reaches the...
Dogs have always been an important part of my family. Before I was born, my oldest brother had a husky and even now he still has a love for them. When I was a little baby, we got a dog named Annie who was my best friend. I had a habit a lying on the floor with her and telling her all my secrets—the normal thing for two girls to do. Even at my grandparent’s house, my grandpa used to always tell his grandkids the story of his favorite dog that used to go to the grocery store w...
Spring has never been very precious to me in my entire life. It is a season that rises dust on the road; it was a season that bring allergy to my face; it is a season when the pressure of schoolwork approaches me aggressively. Just as the age 17 is only a bridge between the sweet 16 and the mature 18, for me, the purpose of spring was to transform the freezing winter to the adventurous summer. People only realize the value of the things they have lost. That is true. During P...
Imagine white picket fences lining the edge of a perfectly cut emerald lawn. The wind slowly blows the daffodils, making them dance against the house. Kids are playing in the street while mothers protectively watch them from the porch swing. Did you imagine this mysterious place? Well, I will tell you that this peculiar land is called suburbia. I come from this mystifying place. In fact, I have lived here my whole life and quite comfortable living in the safe and calming envi...
It’s 12:15 and I’m sitting in the car with these people I met fifteen minutes ago. We’ve had a few awkward silences- lapses where no one speaks and the moment passes while we all desperately cut into ourselves to search for conversation topics. This is one of these moments where those Table Topics cards your grandma got you for Christmas, with blasé questions, such as “Name your favorite board-game”, could really come in handy. The moments pass in stutters, the same way a sc...
What others call the worst, I call the best part of spring – the rain. It brings its own smell, one able to recognized and yet so unrecognizable. Drop after drop it is unleashed upon the earth, leaving a crisp and nourishing waft in the air, morning or night. Leaving behind the stale winter air, for the aromas of purity and happiness thicken amongst the breeze. Spring is here. The rain awakens any and all scents that it lavishes down upon, intensifying the fumes of forest flo...
Enraptured by the rich and mellifluous Italian opera, I swayed my lissome body across the living room floor. Twirling myself in the sun’s butter rays, my spicy, sangria mottled feline purred as she stretched herself over the crest of the couch. I sensed an ebullient abandon in the both of us; we gave in to the ephemeral respite from our harsh realities. The opera peaked at a spectacular trill as I inadvertently grazed my arm over my cat’s silky tail. She widened her chartre...
Spring is not only a time when the world awakens and the snow melts away; it is a time when the earth releases the most glorious scents we have ever had the fortune to inhale. There are three smells which cry “spring is here” to me. They are the smells of the blooming tulips, the spring rain, and the smell of freshly cut grass. They represent peace and hope for the new year. Many will agree that the smell of flowers represents spring. In my family, we know that spring has ...
Animals have always been a huge part of my life. Since I was born, I have had at least one animal. Some of these different pets have held special places in my heart. Growing up, I had a beautiful pure-bred husky named Chinook. She was one of the most beautiful dogs that a person would ever see. I was young when Chinook was hit by a car, but I remember the entire day very vividly. We were at my grandparents’ house for the day. They had a Siberian husky named Sheba. Ou...
I was had a turtle. My little sister named her Smart, or just plain S. S swam in a blue kiddy pool. S may have been names Smart but she wasn't all that inteligent. Knowing she could not get get out, she would continue, time and time again, to get out of her pool. I think S should have stood for silly. S wasn't them only silly living organism. Sometimes I was silly, too. For them first few months, I wouldn't touch S. She was slimy, had sharp claws, and was too differ...
The boy turned his head. He looked at this place but didn't say anything, and he went. In the boy’s mind, this girl was his life, so he must keep the girl in safety. The girl followed the boy but she still didn’t know why the boy stayed here. In next day, the girl found the boy disappeared, and this made the girl feel dangerous because she couldn’t live without the boy. She still remembered last night, the boy used a quickly speech to save her. She stopped thinking and went ...
hey!yeah I'm talking to you,the one who opened the book.well by the time you read this title I'm pretty sure you are already saying i was a freshman or i am one. but that's not the case here. I'm telling you my perspective on becoming a freshman. now I know you're like no one wants to hear your life story, but i can surely promise that you are going to love this story as much as i do. now if not then you can stop reading because you have for sure wasted a good three minutes o...
people have dreamed about flying through the sky like birds. people made wings with feathers and other materials,tied them to their arms and flapped them like birds as they jumped from a height.but none of them managed to fly.even with very big wings the human body is too heavy and human muscles are too weak.they also get tired very quickly. many human died trying to imitate birds. there is an old Greek legend about Daedalus and his son, icurus.Daedalus was a very famous and ...
“And why do we have to bring a 12-year old to a crime scene?” The boy smiled faintly and said, “Detective, I’m only here for your protection.” “For my protection?” “Yes, for your protection.” The detective said nothing more, but did not believe that he need protection from a 12-year-old boy. He still take him to the crime scene for it was his boss’ order to bring the boy. In his heart, the detective was thinking that he would try his best to protect this important boy for...
“And why do I have to bring a twelve-year-old to a crime scene?” The boy smiled faintly and replied, “Detective, I am only here for your protection.”The detective rolled his eyes slightly, skeptical, and annoyed with the boy’s cockiness. “Fine, you may join me. But let me assure you that this will be the one and only time an impertinent, obnoxious child like yourself may join a professional detective on official business.”The boy nodded, and started to follow the detec...
Throughout my entire time in school, starting from the first grade and up til now, I have had severe sweaty hands. My hands would not sweat all the time, but they would always sweat in class and in Church, sometimes even at home, and at doctor's offices, and I was NEVER nervous. My hands just naturally began to sweat and I didn't know why. I've been to the doctors and they told me it was "normal". Well when your hands sweat continuously, and you turn in homework papers ...
Last summer I had a dog Millie she was a great dog .She loved to play and run and sleep.She was my best friend .I could tell her secerts and she would not tell.She got ill quite quickly after a hot summer day.She was not being herself,it made me said that she was not acting right.When we went to the vet a week later we found out that she had a mass cell tumor on her brain affecting her brain.She had to be put down which was hard for me .I soon developed depression after she ...
Depression is not an adjective like everyone uses it.Depression is so much more,its the constant sadness.Feeling as if you are drowning and everyone else around you is breathing.Nights where you just want to sleep but your mind wanders to your "problems".Not wanting to get up out of bed ,just wanting to sleep.Calling of work for 2 weeks straight.Not being able to talk about what is truley wrong with you.The self harm you cause to yourself.the suicidal thoughts that you can no...
“And why do we need to bring a 12-year-old boy to a crime scene?”The boy smiled faintly and replied, “Detective, I’m only here for your protection.”The detective examined at the boy from his feet to his head. Nothing was special from an ordinary little schoolboy. He was wearing casual jacket with shorts. His sneakers were dirty and covered with mud, as if he was just back from a boy fight on the field. The only thing the detective noticed was the boy’s two big shining eyes,...
April 20, 2015 The detective asked me why I was there again. I told them I went there for the protection. In fact, I am not here for someone's protection. I was a wonderful detective! I deserved be there! However, in some reason, I stopped growing, and one day, I wake up, found out that I became much younger. I became a 12 years old boy while I am actually 32 years old. Time ceases to me. Obviously, I lost my right to come to the crime scen...