Videos about Having a Baby

Inspirational, Informational and Funny Videos about Babies

Videos about babies

Looking for funny videos about babies?  Stage of Life editors hand selected some of the best videos about pregnancy, having a baby, telling parents they are about to become grandparents, and more!  Enjoy these fun videos about having a baby, and if you have a baby video to recommend, please Contact Us

View Videos about Having a Baby

Featured Having a Baby Video: Men Giving Birth Simulation

A pair of men from a Dutch TV undertake an experiment to see if men could withstand the pain of childbirth.  Our favorite line is near the beginning when the one man asked the Midwife, "Will I scream in pain?" and she replies, "Yes." 

Featured Having a Baby Video: Pregnancy Time-Lapse

This video of a pregnant mom and expecting dad encapsulates nine-months in just under two minutes in this fun time-lapse approach to pregnancy.

Featured Having a Baby Video: Baby Calming Magic

This video is of a dad using the 5 S's to soothe a crying/fussy baby, developed by Dr. Harvey Karp.   Dr. Karp is the author of "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and "The Happiest Toddler on the Block"  His development and research is cutting edge in soothing what we thought were "colicky" babies. The dad in this video uses 4 of the 5 S's... Swaddle, Side/Stomach Position, Shhh'ing, Swinging, Sucking.

Featured Having a Baby Video:  What It Feels Like / "NewKid"

Procter & Gamble released a commercial for its Luv Diapers brand.  The ad agency, Saatchi & Saatchi, won a 2010 Gold Clio Award for this spot.  One of our Having a Baby bloggers asked the question, "Who makes the best diaper?" a while ago, and while Pampers seemed to get a lot of praise, we think Luvs is doing some great branding with this little commercial.  Enjoy!

Informational Having a Baby Video:  Tips for Childproofing Your Home

There are thousands of videos containing ideas on how to childproof your home.  This one is short,  to the point and makes good overall recommendations.  The video is brought to you by Safety 1st, a leading manufacturer in parenting and baby products.

Inspirational Video:  Patrick Henry Hughes Story

We sometimes wish or pray that our children are born "healthy" or "normal."  But what is "normal?"  You realize it's all relative after you see Patrick Hughes's story.  Patrick is a young man at University of Louisville who was born blind and crippled and yet now plays the piano as well as "marches" in the Louisville marching band.  This segment was produced by ESPN.

Funny Video:  How Do I Tell My Mom I'm Pregnant?

The maker of this video had this description: "I told my mom I was pregnant on her birthday. The gift is a baby onesie with iron-on letter spelling "Baby" and our last name."  It looks like this soon-to-be-grandmother was...well...excited.

Informational Video:  Pregnancy/Having a Baby Overview

Stage of Life pulled together a short video about having a baby using quotes from famous and some interesting, lesser-known statistics.

Funny Video:  Blonde Pregnancy Test

Nothing against blondes, but this video registered as "funny" by our staff and was submitted for consideration by blonde Stage of Life blogger, Rebecca.

Having a Baby Video - Stage of LifeHaving a Baby Video Submissions:

Do you create videos?  If you'd like your video to be featured on Stage of Life, follow these submission guidelines:

1.  Create your video about having a baby or pregnancy.  Keep it under 4 minutes in length.  Productions with foul language will not be selected for the video gallery.

2.  At the end of the video, include the phrase "Video Submission - www.StageofLife.com" as either a verbally spoken line by one of the actors or as a title page.

3.  Upload your video to YouTube.

4.  Send us an email with the link to your YouTube video. Email the video link here.  Please include your contact information for questions we may have.

5.  We will review your submission and contact you if it is selected to appear on the site.

All enteries have the opportunity to appear on the site.

Good luck - have fun!

Suggest a VideoOr...do you know of a great YouTube video already out there about parents-to-be, having a baby, or pregnancy?  Please share it with us.  Send us the link and we'll consider adding it to our having a baby video gallery...

Send it here