What's Your Baby Story?

Writing Contest about Having a Baby or Pregnancy

Rules and online submission button for baby blogs essays and below...

Having a Baby blogging contestThere are a lot of photo contest websites out there (we even have one!), but here at StageofLife.com, want to hear your baby stories.  Each month, we feature a writing contest about parenting, babies and children.  Sometimes the writing contest prompt will ask you to share a story and other times we'll be looking for advice or tips.  This baby story writing competition is a non-fiction, memoir, blogging, essay-style contest for any parent currently experiencing a pregnancy or already having had a baby (no matter how long ago).  We want your authentic voice in your submission.  See writing contest question and rules below.

How to Enter?

1. Read rules below
  2. Read the Having a Baby writing contest prompt below
  3. Submit your baby blog or essay online to StageofLife.com (as instructed below) via the BLUE "Submit Essay" button

Writing Contest Prizes

One winning essay from across the non-student life stages on StageofLife.com will be selected to receive...
  • Spa & Wellness gift cards by SpaWeek$50 gift card from SpaWeek.com.  Spa & Wellness Cards are good at over 8,000 spas in North America.  They are redeemable year-round and never expire.  SpaWeek.com is excited to sponsor the StageofLife.com monthly writing contest! FYI - Every StageofLife.com writer, blogger, or reader gets 15% off Spa & Wellness gift cards from SpaWeek through 2014.
  • Writing Sponsor on StageofLife.com - Applebee's$25 gift card from Applebee's.  Applebee’s is focused on serving good food to good people. Today, what was once a popular neighborhood restaurant has grown to become a popular restaurant in neighborhoods all across North America – with almost 2,000 locations and counting.
  • Stage of Life pen
  • Signed letter of Congratulations from StageofLife.com
  • Acknowledgment as a StageofLife.com national blogging contest winner.  Essay winners are posted each month here - Writing Contest Winners

Rules for the Having a Baby Writing Contest

• Writing contest about having a babyEssay must relate to both your life stage (baby or pregnancy) and the essay theme (see below).
  • Essay must be your original work.
  • Essay can be no longer than 500 words.
  • Essay must be non-fiction and follow the form of a diary, journal, blog, memoir, or essay.  That is to say...we want real stories about real life...from you.
  • Once entered, essay will become a part of Stage of Life's public facing content so no foul language or inappropriate material.  Those entries will be removed.
  • Registration to Stage of Life is required to enter the writing contest (it's free) which will allow us to post your story to the public.

Enter the Baby Blogging Contest Now

Please read below for details on the monthly writing contest and click the blue "Enter Contest" button to submit your essay.  Good luck!

Enter Baby Writing Contest...

Enter Writing Contest

After over half a decade as a multi-generational, international writing contest, StageofLife.com has ended its writing competitions.

"Say it isn't so!"

It's unfortunately so.  As StageofLife.com grew into a global writing destination, the coordination of managing a free international writing contest became too time intensive for the website's owners, esp. as traffic grew to nearly 1,000,000 visitors per year.  So starting on Sept. 1, 2016, StageofLife.com ended the writing contest portion of its content.

However, we are now actively looking for new owners of StageofLife.com who may want to carry on the mission of helping to change the world, one story at a time.  If you know someone (or a company) who may be interested in taking StageofLife.com to the next level, we can share details around the opportunity.  Please send an email to our owners (use the Contact Us form) if there's interest to acquire the website.

But in the meantime, there's still plenty to see and do here - just check out the various links and menus on the page as we continue to focus on building out the content around the following information for each stage of life...
  • Etiquette
  • Statistics
  • Videos
  • Quotations
  • Coupons
  • And more
Past Annual Writing Contest Results:  While the energy and time to carry on the StageofLife.com  writing contests has come to a close, you can view summary reports and read the winners' essays from the past monthly contests on our Writing Contest Winners page.  Tens of thousands of people have submitted essays since we started the contest.  Our editorial team has been grateful for all of the wonderful submissions shared over the years - words and stories that have helped us change the world, one story at a time.

Questions:  Contact Us

Stage of Life update

Next