Writing Community about Babies

Share Your Baby or Pregnancy Story

Share Your Baby Story.  Enter our Baby Writing Contest...

Stage of Life® is a free baby blog designed around...well...having a baby.  Get involved with our educational mission:  Share your pregnancy experience or baby stories and advice, explore our having a baby resources such as statistics about having a baby, quotes about having baby, videos about babies, or save money with our printable coupons and coupon codes for families with babies.  Whether it's your first pregnancy or your 9th child, we look forward to reading your baby and pregnancy essays!  Your experiences may inspire others.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com baby writing contest Twitter Contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for having a baby on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national baby writing contest:
August 2015

"Family Vacations"
Don't have time to write today?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.
Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Best of our Bloggers

Recent Writing Contest Winners

Winning Essay WritersWinning Writing Contest EssaysBefore you scroll down to read the essays, stories, and blogs being submitted to StageofLife.com, let's celebrate the recent writing contest winners.  We select one essay each month from across all of the non-student life stages to win our monthly blogging contests

Basically...these winning essays are selected from all of you "grown-ups" out there writing on Stage of Life...

Past Writing Contest Winners

Baby Stories

Traveling becomes ever widespread, and today it is more of a habit than something out of ordinary. More and more people opt for individual travels, and independent trips are gaining the momentum. Independent traveling requires you to be smart, quick and dexterous – this all makes your travels efficient. To add value to your trips, read carefully the below recom...
My favorite (and, at the time, least favorite) pregnancy moment was finding out I was pregnant.I drank a literal bowl of alcohol the night before at a tiki restaurant (Trader Vic's) for my husband's grandmother's 90th birthday.He asked me that night if I had taken my pregnancy test yet, and I slurred, "I'll take it in da morning, iz probly fine!"So I took it in the morning, and it was not fine. I stared down at two pink lines while crouched, naked, over my in-laws' toil...
Hello, I really need some advice. I lost my mother 4 painful years ago. My father started seriously dating someone about 10 months ago; to say that we haven't bonded in any way is an understatement. I am 18 weeks pregnant and in the midst of planning my baby shower.I want to play nice and do the right thing but my gut instinct is telling me to invite who I want to invite.The question is ... am I obligated to invite my dad's new girlfriend?...
Having a baby! The emotions of a man and woman are mostly different when we see the two stripes on the test. A dad feels happy definitely, then he starts getting a more responsible feeling, he has to plan financially, he has to cut down on some fun trips and choose the best doctor for the mom and baby. He thinks about getting all nutritious info for the mom to be. He feels his shoulders are more broad, mustache more thick and little more seriousness on his face, enjoying resp...
It felt like I was standing at the far end of a precipice. Overlooking the vast ocean, my struggle was that of fear. Should I jump not knowing if I’d land safely or should I avoid being hurt? Sitting at the doctor’s office from what I thought had been a stomach virus, I was told the very surprising news. “You’re going to have a baby and are two months pregnant.” Quickly a myriad of emotions ran through my being as I sat dumbfounded. What do I think? What do I do? Other parent...
You realize you are late, so you take a pregnancy test.Well I wasn’t late. I got a weird feeling that I was pregnant, so I decided to take a pregnancy test. Well I took one before I went to bed, which I know you aren’t supposed to do. I waited like two minutes. It only showed one line, so I just threw it away. Well I went to bed and decided I would take another one in the morning. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I thought it was morning. So I took another test… I ...
I might be disabledbut don't count me outI can play any sportI can still scream & shoutI might not blend inwith this world full of teensbut we all still sleep And I am still a human being There is no differencewill you open your eyesI am an amazing personthe one you'd want by your side...
Pamela awoke with a start as a striking pain racked her body. “MOM! DAD! MARK! IT’S TIME!”, she cries. Jean, her mother, burst through the doorway taking in the scene. Pamela is doubled over her bed, one hand clutching the creme colored sheets, and the other is clasped in her husband’s hand. Pamela cries out once more, ”Mom...th...the baby...she’s..she’s coming.”“BOOOOM!” Jean started as the thunder quaked the house, “I’ll call the ambulance! Hurricane Lake has overtaken the...
It have been a clear evidence that having a baby is also one of the successful way of life, the name of my baby is Cain, he was born on the 6 of march, doing his mother pregnancy he behave funny mostly sighted in his mother belly and making a sign of freedom,enjoyment and wellness on the top of the woman's belly after. His birth is a freshness and relieve from pain of carrying a weight human, I know it wasn't easy, but how will we do without a child,I know how i look on that...
Under the banyan tree by the park’s quarter, sat an old, ragged, bearded man. Every day, at the stroke of midnight, without any dally, he blew his whistle sitting in the nook of the gate. He sat there, warding the thieves away by his warnings even in the most adverse climatic upheavals. I remember being able to sleep soundly every night, thanking his presence and appreciating his sheer diligence. I was a ten year old girl then, yet that man cannot be erased from the canvas o...
Dear Diary,It has been a while since we last rendezvous and I must apologise for that. I have been struggling to keep my relationship together, raising my five month old daughter, being back out to work and completing my masters. My life has changed so much in the past year. The news of my daughter was one of the most exciting time of my life and you know I have had some exciting times. The pregnancy was nothing people said it would be. They all said it would be a joy and t...
Advantage or disadvantage using 5 or more credit cards?Advantage or disadvantage using 5 or more credit cards?A staggering 9.2 million of us in the UK own 5 or more credit cards. I suppose this is hardly surprising given the last few years in the UK financial services industry, credit has been made far too easily available to people who either don’t fully understand the financial products they’ve applied for or simply couldn’t afford to make their repayments on mortgages,...
I never knew being a mother could being you so much happiness and can bring you sadness. Since I had my son he makes me want to do better and make a better life for him. Everyday I look in his face he puts a smile on my face and that's what keep me going. But at the same time sometimes I just cry my eyes out because his father is not in his life. I want my son to be proud of me. I work to make sure my son has everything he needs and wants. Having my son has made me stronger ...
"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places." Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929I don't remember much of that time in '97, but I do remember when my doctor told me I couldn't have children. The pins holding the bones of my shattered pelvis together would puncture my uterus as a child grew. I said, "That's fine; I don't want kids." I was angry they didn't jut tie my tubes while they were in there. Children were not going to happen f...
So here I am, 5 days from my due date. My feet are swollen, my back is achy, i’m nauseous and plagued with indigestion. My face , neck, and back are broke out and my face looks puffy. Despite it all, I want nothing more than to hold this little baby!! To start feeling some type of pain to labor started. I want to see the little stinker who has transformed my body. You know, touch her little fingers and toes, name her, and just hold her for days.The past 22 days have b...
In the past 24 hours I’ve canned baby applesauce (no sugar), normal applesauce, cinnamon applesauce, pumpkin purée, apple butter and now I have glazed spiced apples in the crockpot. Who says you can’t be productive at almost 35 weeks pregnant.Some say I’m nesting. I say I’m being productive.“D” and I plan to stick to a strict budget moving forward. With me going on maternity leave early and being out of work for the full 12 weeks, we need to do the best we can to sa...
He presented himself to the world without aid, while I was laying crooked on a gurney. It was the wee hours of the morning in a little 8 bed hospital. There was only one nurse, who was quite long of tooth. She had come in to check me, walked away saying I had lots of time but as she reached for the door handle a contraction hit and I yelled. "The baby's coming." This was my third child and I knew the drill, I knew that it took a long time to dilate to five, but when I got t...
A new mom and her demanding new baby who seems to take up all of her time… balancing home and work; ensuring that there is food on the table, older kids fed, laundry done. For many women who work outside the home, there is also the need to ensure that there are no compromises on the work front. Where is the time to try and fit in an exercise routine in all this! Or the time to plan and cook special low cal meals in the many, many other things that need doing![size=7][b]Ta...
If my husband and I are going to do something "spontaneous" we schedule which night we are going to do it. We put in our calendar on July 12th, "do something spontaneous 7pm-10pm" If we are going to pick somewhere "random" to eat, we usually decide on what type of food and what area of the city, then we go pick somewhere "random." We love living with a schedule. When I became pregnant, our goal was to find a way to stick to a schedule with a baby. So, the first thing I did…go...
im 14 now... but when i was 13 years old i had a beautiful baby boy named Zackary... he became adopted by a loving rich family.. the story is .. i was smoking pot when i was thirteen and, i got really stupid and i had sex with my boyfriend... then later found out i was pregnant.... 9 months later... i was giving birth.. it started when i was using the restroom and i called my mother, and i said " i cant get up " she said "WHY?" i said " Im in labor"... and here i am today alo...
Last Saturday I got up at 2:00 in the morning and headed over to a birth center to be with my sister as she gave birth to her baby. On the Tuesday after, she finally finished the process. She gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl.Dear Lizzy, your mom had to go through so much to bring you here. Months of carrying you inside if herself, day of painful contractions during labor, hours of attempting to push you out of her body, and finally having to have you cut out. An...
It was the most exciting yet terrifying experience of my life! I was immediately in love and at the same time I had no idea how I was going to be able to meet all the needs of this precious new life. Even though I had read the books and talked to others who were already seasoned vets it did not prepare me for all the adventures I was about to set out on.The first overwhelming obstacle for me personally was the breast feeding. I did not understand why my milk was not coming ...
LampshadeHide the light from meIt will blind my eyeI still want to seewithout you I’ll cryopaque as can benot reflecting nearbyproduced from some old treeremove it for a tryset the light freeeliminate the lie...
"Jamie and Jon went to the hospital, she is having the baby!" Hearing the news had me making a mad dash to the hospital in hopes that I would be there to welcome my first grandchild into the world. As I enter the room, I receive a smile from Jamie, my grandchild's mother. Overwhelmed with excitement and happiness, I fail to recognize that I had missed the birth by mere minutes. I feel like a major dope when she pulls this beautiful baby from beneath her hospital gown where ...
Life changes rapidly when you become a new parent, and things that you previously put little effort and thought into suddenly become increasingly more difficult. Having another member of the family with totally different needs and their own time schedule makes life a bit more complicated, but no less sweet.As a new mom, it is more important than ever to implement a schedule for just about everything you do. After a few weeks you will get to know and understand the needs a...
Dear God, Never in my life have I ever wanted anything than to have a baby. I was blessed with three children who make my life worth living every single day. I don't know how to describe the feeling of having a baby. The pain IS excruciating but when you hold your precious baby in your arms, all the pain you felt diminishes and you're left with a love so powerful that it makes you cry but they are tears of joy. When you look at their small beautiful...
Nausea can strike at any moment when pregnant and that can be especially inconvenient if you are driving or loading groceries into the back of your car. Sunday I was riding shotgun with my husband when the urge to lose my especially tasty breakfast came over me."Pull over" I said calmly, yet urgently."I can't. There isn't enough room on the shoulder and there are people behind me.""Put on your hazards if you have to!"He sharply takes the next turn and my head is out t...
I was getting out everything from the mini bar preparing my breakfast (we live in a hotel HAHA) when I saw a scorpion walking near our son, Zoárd.I picked Zoárd up and I put him in his crib. I searched for the insect with my eyes. I was extremely scared but tried to stop the mantra in my head: "I am a city girl; I am a city girl; I am a city girl!!!"I spotted it again. Oh. It turned out to be a friendly, brown, forest bug that got caught in my hair (my hair is always on ...
As a conscientious and loving mother, you're probably always concerned about your family’s health and wellbeing. As such, you would like to know if you're doing all you can to keep your family drinking enough water – safe, healthy water. While it is relatively easy to get yourself and other adults in the family to drink water, it is quite another to get kids to drink the requisite amount of water in a day.You probably know that many experts advise the drinking of 8 glasse...
So, in a few weeks my first and only nephew is turning the big first digit, one year old and as his favorite (and only) aunt it is my job to get him something awesome for his birthday. As a college student and younger sibling, I have absolutely no child-rearing skills what so ever or have any idea of what babies would like to play with or receive for their birthdays. I can only go by what I see other people buying for kids and precious memories remembered from my own childhoo...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com