Writing Community about Babies

Share Your Baby or Pregnancy Story

Share Your Baby Story.  Enter our Baby Writing Contest...

Stage of Life® is a free baby blog designed around...well...having a baby.  Get involved with our educational mission:  Share your pregnancy experience or baby stories and advice, explore our having a baby resources such as statistics about having a baby, quotes about having baby, videos about babies, or save money with our printable coupons and coupon codes for families with babies.  Whether it's your first pregnancy or your 9th child, we look forward to reading your baby and pregnancy essays!  Your experiences may inspire others.  Get started now...

Enter StageofLife.com baby writing contest Twitter Contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for having a baby on StageofLife.com
Enter the monthly national baby writing contest:  Sept. 2014

"What's Your Identity?"
Don't have time to write today?
Enter our new, "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.
Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com
Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's coupon code from StageofLife.com     Lenovo computer discount for Stage of Life members

Best of our Bloggers

Recent Writing Contest Winners

Winning Essay WritersWinning Writing Contest EssaysBefore you scroll down to read the essays, stories, and blogs being submitted to StageofLife.com, let's celebrate the recent writing contest winners.  We select one essay each month from across all of the non-student life stages to win our monthly blogging contests

Basically...these winning essays are selected from all of you "grown-ups" out there writing on Stage of Life...

Past Writing Contest Winners

Baby Stories

He presented himself to the world without aid, while I was laying crooked on a gurney. It was the wee hours of the morning in a little 8 bed hospital. There was only one nurse, who was quite long of tooth. She had come in to check me, walked away saying I had lots of time but as she reached for the door handle a contraction hit and I yelled. "The baby's coming." This was my third child and I knew the drill, I knew that it took a long time to dilate to five, but when I got th...
A new mom and her demanding new baby who seems to take up all of her time… balancing home and work; ensuring that there is food on the table, older kids fed, laundry done. For many women who work outside the home, there is also the need to ensure that there are no compromises on the work front. Where is the time to try and fit in an exercise routine in all this! Or the time to plan and cook special low cal meals in the many, many other things that need doing![size=7][b]Ta...
If my husband and I are going to do something "spontaneous" we schedule which night we are going to do it. We put in our calendar on July 12th, "do something spontaneous 7pm-10pm" If we are going to pick somewhere "random" to eat, we usually decide on what type of food and what area of the city, then we go pick somewhere "random." We love living with a schedule. When I became pregnant, our goal was to find a way to stick to a schedule with a baby. So, the first thing I did…go...
im 14 now... but when i was 13 years old i had a beautiful baby boy named Zackary... he became adopted by a loving rich family.. the story is .. i was smoking pot when i was thirteen and, i got really stupid and i had sex with my boyfriend... then later found out i was pregnant.... 9 months later... i was giving birth.. it started when i was using the restroom and i called my mother, and i said " i cant get up " she said "WHY?" i said " Im in labor"... and here i am today alo...
Last Saturday I got up at 2:00 in the morning and headed over to a birth center to be with my sister as she gave birth to her baby. On the Tuesday after, she finally finished the process. She gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl.Dear Lizzy, your mom had to go through so much to bring you here. Months of carrying you inside if herself, day of painful contractions during labor, hours of attempting to push you out of her body, and finally having to have you cut out. An...
It was the most exciting yet terrifying experience of my life! I was immediately in love and at the same time I had no idea how I was going to be able to meet all the needs of this precious new life. Even though I had read the books and talked to others who were already seasoned vets it did not prepare me for all the adventures I was about to set out on.The first overwhelming obstacle for me personally was the breast feeding. I did not understand why my milk was not coming ...
LampshadeHide the light from meIt will blind my eyeI still want to seewithout you I’ll cryopaque as can benot reflecting nearbyproduced from some old treeremove it for a tryset the light freeeliminate the lie...
"Jamie and Jon went to the hospital, she is having the baby!" Hearing the news had me making a mad dash to the hospital in hopes that I would be there to welcome my first grandchild into the world. As I enter the room, I receive a smile from Jamie, my grandchild's mother. Overwhelmed with excitement and happiness, I fail to recognize that I had missed the birth by mere minutes. I feel like a major dope when she pulls this beautiful baby from beneath her hospital gown where ...
Life changes rapidly when you become a new parent, and things that you previously put little effort and thought into suddenly become increasingly more difficult. Having another member of the family with totally different needs and their own time schedule makes life a bit more complicated, but no less sweet.As a new mom, it is more important than ever to implement a schedule for just about everything you do. After a few weeks you will get to know and understand the needs a...
Dear God, Never in my life have I ever wanted anything than to have a baby. I was blessed with three children who make my life worth living every single day. I don't know how to describe the feeling of having a baby. The pain IS excruciating but when you hold your precious baby in your arms, all the pain you felt diminishes and you're left with a love so powerful that it makes you cry but they are tears of joy. When you look at their small beautiful...
Nausea can strike at any moment when pregnant and that can be especially inconvenient if you are driving or loading groceries into the back of your car. Sunday I was riding shotgun with my husband when the urge to lose my especially tasty breakfast came over me."Pull over" I said calmly, yet urgently."I can't. There isn't enough room on the shoulder and there are people behind me.""Put on your hazards if you have to!"He sharply takes the next turn and my head is out t...
I was getting out everything from the mini bar preparing my breakfast (we live in a hotel HAHA) when I saw a scorpion walking near our son, Zoárd.I picked Zoárd up and I put him in his crib. I searched for the insect with my eyes. I was extremely scared but tried to stop the mantra in my head: "I am a city girl; I am a city girl; I am a city girl!!!"I spotted it again. Oh. It turned out to be a friendly, brown, forest bug that got caught in my hair (my hair is always on ...
As a conscientious and loving mother, you're probably always concerned about your family’s health and wellbeing. As such, you would like to know if you're doing all you can to keep your family drinking enough water – safe, healthy water. While it is relatively easy to get yourself and other adults in the family to drink water, it is quite another to get kids to drink the requisite amount of water in a day.You probably know that many experts advise the drinking of 8 glasse...
So, in a few weeks my first and only nephew is turning the big first digit, one year old and as his favorite (and only) aunt it is my job to get him something awesome for his birthday. As a college student and younger sibling, I have absolutely no child-rearing skills what so ever or have any idea of what babies would like to play with or receive for their birthdays. I can only go by what I see other people buying for kids and precious memories remembered from my own childhoo...
I once attended a baby shower and one of the activities was to pass around a little spiral book and write down your best piece of advice for the soon-to-be new mom. Then everyone would vote on the top three for door prizes. I won with the following piece of advice: Do not try to give your kids what you feel you missed out on or lacked in your childhood. Raise them in the moment because they are not you and will not have the same wants and needs that you did. If you try t...
China is a large eastern country in southern Asia with an interesting climate, an exciting geography, and a rich history. China has a large population and many bordering states. And china is filled with many interesting facts.China has a history that stretches back thousands of years.it is one of the world’s largest countries behind Russia and Canada. In Chinese history there were dynasties. Dynasties are a long line of heredity rulers. There were nine well known dynasties, ...
Recently in the news, Arkansas has been noticed because of its ban on abortion after a woman is twelve weeks pregnant. People that are for women’s rights are protesting this because they say that the new law is unconstitutional. The supporters of the law say that termination of pregnancy should corroborate with the detection of fetal heartbeat. In most states, a woman can choose to terminate her pregnancy up to twenty-four weeks in which case the fetus already has a heartb...
The pain was overwhelming. Excruciating. Actually, it was beyond words’ capability to describe. I was too scared of the slim chance of paralyzation to have the epidural and somehow thought feeling every last stretch and tear would be a better choice. But what was to follow this trauma of natural childbirth was what really had me scared. I knew that soon enough the pain would end and its scars fade with time, but being a mother was a lifelong challenge. The molding of th...
It was a can of the good stuff. After a few hours sorting through donations in my community’s food shelf and finding a dishearteningly high number of expired products, that can of Enfamil lifted me up. It’s always exciting when someone donates baby formula –it’s something our clients need and we never have enough of. But snuggled near the bottom of a pile of canned tuna, macaroni and cheese and jalapeño Ramen noodles, this can seemed to be buried treasure. It was for bab...
Downton Abbey, the castle, is crusted with moss and pitted with age. Its Bath-stone walls were put into place mid-nineteenth century. Grandeur is obvious yet the people within its walls face life issues just like the rest of the world.Lord Grantham, head of Downton has problems. Stuck-up like the stereotypical aristocrat he's lost his wife's fortune, flirted and come close to having an affair with a housemaid and cannot or does not drive a tractor even though one of hi...
At my last check-up at the OB-GYN practice I had been using, the midwife I was primarily working with told me that she wouldn't be there for my delivery. "Vacation?" I asked. She shook her head. No, not vacation - she was leaving the practice."Why? Where are you going?" She explained that she was leaving to work at a more midwife friendly hospital. More midwife friendly? I immediately started asking question. The practice I had been using consisted of four mid...
Ever since I was 12 years old, I was bringing dogs into the house, hoping they could stay. Fortunately my parents let me have Buddy and Bailey, our chubby, lovely, beagles. Since one is going to be five and the other is almost nine, they’ve been in my life for a really long time now – long enough to never imagine a life without them.Since every parent focuses on their babies’ first steps and first words, they also focus on how their baby would be with a younger brother or...
Hello All,Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on a...
As a StageofLife.com Editor, I wanted to create a little awareness about the GIVE IT UP TO HELP campaign. This holiday it’s not about what you give, but what you give up. "Give It Up To Help" asks people to give up little luxuries this holiday season and donate the savings to Be The Match®, an organization that connects patients with their donor match for a life-saving marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant. Contributions will help run the Be The Match marrow registry, fu...
Maraia CochranNovember 5, 2012 My Favorite Book: Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss Children Books Aren’t Just For Children When I was a child, I could spend countless hours sitting and giggling at the extraordinary poetry of Dr. Seuss. I was always attracted to the odd ball names of the characters, and the funny events that took place in his books. I loved them all and made it my mission to collect as many of his books as possible. From The Cat and the Hat, to...
http://www.o2befitmom.com/2012/10/a-day-in-life-of-nelly.html...
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had already established a relationship with a certified nurse midwife and OBGYN. They both worked out of an office conveniently located in the hospital. I had wonderful care during my picture-perfect pregnancy. They were open and receptive to my desire for an all-natural labor and birth. I wanted to be intervention free, because I trusted my body to do what it was made to do.However, as I continued to be pregnant after my "due d...
http://www.o2befitmom.com/2012/09/weight-dreaded-number.html...
Trying to conceive is a tricky business - or so I've heard. I've read instances of women trying for YEARS and not being able to make a baby without the help of outside forces. Studies say that there's only a 15% chance of getting pregnant each month. The odds are NOT in your favor.When we decided that having a baby might not be the worst thing in the world, I stopped taking birth control and let nature takes it's course. Well, nature must have been on the Autobahn, be...
Though the popularity of reality TV shows that glamorize teen pregnancy like "16 & Pregnant" or "Teen Mom" might make it seem like the teenage pregnancy rate is rising, statistics show that the number of babies born to teenage moms is actually going down. Though teens may be more sexually active than in the past, a wider range of options are available for teens to prevent pregnancy. To obtain birth control pills, a girl can simply walk into a center like Planned Parenthood wh...

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Target.com, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...
Discount at Target.com on StageofLife.com Discount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com