Enter College Writing Contest here...

Enter Writing Contest

After over half a decade as a multi-generational, international writing contest, StageofLife.com has ended its writing competitions.

"Say it isn't so!"

It's unfortunately so.  As StageofLife.com grew into a global writing destination, the coordination of managing a free international writing contest became too time intensive for the website's owners, esp. as traffic grew to nearly 1,000,000 visitors per year.  So starting on Sept. 1, 2016, StageofLife.com ended the writing contest portion of its content.

However, we are now actively looking for new owners of StageofLife.com who may want to carry on the mission of helping to change the world, one story at a time.  If you know someone (or a company) who may be interested in taking StageofLife.com to the next level, we can share details around the opportunity.  Please send an email to our owners (use the Contact Us form) if there's interest to acquire the website.

But in the meantime, there's still plenty to see and do here - just check out the various links and menus on the page as we continue to focus on building out the content around the following information for each stage of life...
  • Etiquette
  • Statistics
  • Videos
  • Quotations
  • Coupons
  • And more
Past Annual Writing Contest Results:  While the energy and time to carry on the StageofLife.com  writing contests has come to a close, you can view summary reports and read the winners' essays from the past monthly contests on our Writing Contest Winners page.  Tens of thousands of people have submitted essays since we started the contest.  Our editorial team has been grateful for all of the wonderful submissions shared over the years - words and stories that have helped us change the world, one story at a time.

Questions:  Contact Us

Stage of Life update

Next

Writing Contest for College Students - ENTER BELOW

Weekly Essay Contest for College Students

How to Enter?

1)  Read the rules below

2)  Read the question prompt details

3)  Answer the poll below (if provided)

4)  Submit your essay to StageofLife.com using the GREEN "Enter Contest" button

Topics:

As you can see, our writing contests deal with "real-world" teen issues.  So much, in fact, that our monthly summaries on teen trends have been featured in the press on TIME.com, Mint Education's Blog, ABC TV's "Mary Talks Money" program, etc.  

Writing Contest Prizes: 

Yes, we have prizes if you win the writing contest...but not that you're writing something important just to win, right?  Each month, one winner selected from the combined high school and college entries will get a prize package containing...

Rules for the Monthly College Writing Contest are as follows:

• Essay must relate to the theme (see below).

• Essay must be your original work.

• Essay can be no longer than 500 words.

• Essay must be non-fiction and follow the form of a diary, journal, blog, memoir, or essay.  That is to say...we want real stories about real life...from you.

• Once entered, essay will become a part of Stage of Life's public facing content so no foul language or inappropriate material.  Those entries will be removed.

• Registration to Stage of Life is required to enter the writing contest.  It's free and will allow a) Stage of Life to post your essay and b) you to join the writing community here on Stage of Life to enter future writing contests or simply share a story about your life.

• Writing submission must come from a current college student.

• Essays will be judged on a combination of factors including style, content, length, originality, use of argument, grammar, spelling, etc.

Contest Judges:

Eric Thiegs:  CEO and Founder of Stage of Life

Rebecca Thiegs:  Senior Editor, Stage of Life.  Rebecca has her master's in education from the University of Minnesota along with 12+ years teaching advanced English for high school students.  She's currently freelancing as a curriculum consultant for McDaniel College's Summer Academic Enrichment Program - an initiative through the DC Success Foundation.

Sarah Hamaker:  A freelance writer and editor with more than a dozen years of experience, Sarah Hamaker is the author of [email protected], a guide to unlocking women’s work-from-home potential. She has a master’s degree in Literature and Language from Marymount University. Sarah has judged teen short story contests as well as magazine awards. Visit her online at www.sarahhamaker.com.

Stage of Life Editorial Team:  Stage of Life's very own life stage editors (all 20+) weigh in each month with their vote for selecting the winner from a pool of 5-10 semi-finalists.

Enter the Student Writing Contest:

Please read below for details on the free monthly writing contest and click the green "Enter Contest" button to submit your essay.  Good luck!

Comments

Let us know what you think!

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com