Writing Community for College Students

International blog for college students on StageofLife.comShare Your College Story.  Enter Writing Contest.  More...

Stage of Life® is a writing community designed for college bloggers.  Get involved with our writing mission by sharing your life experiences, entering our writing contests for college students, explore our goal setting resources, and review our college blogs about entertainment, statistics about college students, teen trend reports and more.  Wherever you are in college, whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to reading your essays about your college experiences, fears, challenges, and triumphs.  Starting writing today...

Enter StageofLife.com college writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for college students on StageofLife.com
Enter the national writing contest for college students: May 2015

"Teacher Appreciation"

Don't have a lot of time to write?
Enter our "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

College Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com

Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's discount code for college students     Lenovo computer discount for college students

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read College Stories

There are 2 wardrobes in everyone's "Life's Home",where faculties of FAILURE &SUCCESS are battling for winning "A TUG OF WAR".We ,generally,succumb to failure at an ease for it has a laxative effect,provocative our subconscious mind to reside in its "COMFORT ZONE".Well,Yeah!I'm "COMFORT ZONE" lover,but,despite the fact ,like you ,I,too,love achievements,such achievements,which can empower my RACE,my,forthcoming generationsI believe Teachers and Achievements are proportion...
Ms Sonia Álvarez, was our history teacher for 3 years and our form teacher for 2 years, and because of that I realize that she is my favourite teacher because I shared lots of good moments with her that I will never forget.Ms Álvarez, is very affectionate with me and with my classmates, she is always asking us if we are okey, if we studied well the exam and if we had a problem she would try to help us by making us forget any problem and keep going on. Her classes were...
Everyone has a person who admires or appreciates for a reason. According to me, mine was Mr. Peraza, my music teacher. He was honest, kind, simpathetic, cheerful, hopeful,..Mr. Peraza had all the qualities that make a teacher great. He taught us in a different way in comparison with other teachers; instead of talking about the same topic during the whole class he put us same films related to the unit and by the time we watched, he explained to us the theme. When we were over...
A teacher can be compared to a diver. Just as a diver dives deep into the ocean and takes out precious jewels from the ocean, similarly a good teacher is the one who can extract the best out of his students and can channelize their potential. With no second thoughts in mind, I can say that Mr. C.J. Dueman is my favourite teacher. In today’s materialistic world such a noble profession as teaching has become a bussiness for most of the people but this does not stands true in ca...
Yes, you heard me. How to take over the world. The confusion and the sense of “is this person crazy” I imagine you are feeling is the same as mine when I was a freshman at Cass Technical High School. I miss one day of school with my new English Language Arts teacher, and come back to learn our goal of global domination. A goal that makes it seem like we were being taught to be evil masterminds. However, it was more a philosophy that instilled in my class that we are th...
My initial college advisor and co-facilitator of my introductory class, Dr. Kenyon was the first professor I met on campus. My family and I had just arrived at school for moving day when a man in a Residential Life shirt made his way towards us. I thought he was one of the RAs until he introduced himself. I felt stunned: never would I have imagined a faculty member casually coming to welcome me and help bring my things to my room. Immediately, I had enormous respect for the d...
  Teachers play a significant role in our life. Their dedication in teaching, patience in dealing our tantrums, guidance towards success has made us this far and they will never expect anything in return. Their continuous support and faith on us will never diminish making us thank them till the end of life. In such way, my mom who is my lifelong teacher has been my backbone until now.    From the day I born, my mother catered all my needs and ensured I had a fruitful life...
There have been many moments in my life that I would consider to be highly stressful. Sometimes I get very stressed out by my family, by my friends, classmates, grades, and even at myself at times. But this one weekend stressed me out more that anything else. I am typically a very relaxed person (other than around my family, but who isn't crazy around their family). One of my many flaws is obsessive compulsive disorder. I am not crazy OCD, and it isn't in every area of my lif...
Teachers don’t usually go beyond what is in their job description. My teacher however, went beyond the stars. I was young, so it etched into my mind forever. I know that if she hadn't picked our school to teach, I wouldn't have reached where I’d gotten today. I was lonely and didn’t get on with anyone, not because I didn’t want to or try, they just refused to accept me. However, in year three of primary school, I got a new teacher. She specialized in art and noticed how I w...
She was the one who made wonders in my life. Viji ma'm...she is my English teacher.I loved English only because of her.It was the time I was studying ninth standard.She took me class for only one year.And that one year was the year which changed myself more optimistic.It was at that time I learned to develop my personality,my fluency in English where I started watching English films and English news channels and it was at that time I valued my self esteem.She was a very kind ...
In my home country of Ukraine, I have been studying English from the age of ten. I studied English in middle school. I studied English in high school. I studied English by myself. I attended English courses, too. However, my English skills were mediocre. The more I studied, the less I knew. I froze at the intermediate level and could not move forward. I decided the only way to really improve my English skills was to study the language in an English environment. That's how I e...
A teacher holds such a place in any individual life that sometime its impossible to define her importance in our life.I was one of the very lucky student who had the support of two teacher's, both an integral part of my life. Sometime strict,sometime jovial but most of the they were like guiding stars. Whosoever and whatsoever I am,deep down lies of effort of them.They have helped me in nurturing my dreams and guiding me through out the life. When I was wrong,I have g...
I had known of her as long as I can remember. She first became my teacher in 7th grade, and she taught me again in 8th grade and in 10th. It was in 8th grade when I realized just how incredibly special Mrs. Fleischmann was. I always enjoyed her class, her teaching style, and the way she pushed me to work hard and to love the material. I stopped in her office sometimes to say hi or get a lollipop. And then my parents got divorced. It was a messy, terrifying, polic...
I was kneeling on my kitchen floor, calling to my dog, asking her, “Arya! Bring me the pheasant!” She’s a ‘big small dog’ as my brother likes to put it, a tri color English Cocker Spaniel. She would love to show off her white body with her large irregular black spots and her spattering of brown on her muzzle- as along as you paid her in compliments. She’s about twenty-five pounds and just small enough that you can still pick her up and flip her on her back like a baby. And sh...
The language, terms, and images humans use to portray our interactions with those beings we deem as 'other' often structure our unconscious systems in regards to their value. While the apparent intellectual flowering of eighteenth and nineteenth century Europe is venerated in historical texts as the age of scientific 'enlightenment,' this trump card of apparent rationalism also served to reduce our conception of most creatures inhabiting the earth to voiceless automatons. ...
I was never fond of any dog or say even any cat because I was afraid of them. Afraid to the level that I couldn't even touch them.There was a dog in my neighboure called Phantom. Everyone loved it a lot.Even I used to like it but as I was afraid, I couldn't show my affection to it. I like to admire it from distance.One day it so happened,that uncle told me that I need to take it for a walk. I was scared as if I have seen some ghost. I denied but uncle was not ready to lis...
I have a pet dog whose name is MAX. He is so cute but mischievous too. My uncle gifted me it on this new year eve. That time, he was just 20 days old. He loves to play and I always try to take out some drops of time from my hectic schedule to play with him. Generally, he used to play with his ball but his favorite toy is my brother's skeeters. He never let them go away from him. When he was just 1 month older, i took him up on my bed and he slept with me and as soon as the ...
It was a hot summer weekend while I'm watching a television program which talks about wildlife. For a 10 year-old kid at that time, nothing's more heart-melting in seeing sceneries of beautiful faunas enjoying their belongingness to nature. Like tall slender graceful giraffes sailing like winds above the green and brown grasses of Africa; and those enormous dichromatic pandas, swinging from one bamboo to another—these are perfect pictures of freedom. The reporter donned in ...
Constant flow of success stories about young entrepreneurs has made a start-up a dream-vocation way for school kids. Schools know it, and more of them are making quick steps towards the main basis of the field and getting understudy thoughts off the ground. In such a way, students have the necessary background to embark onto the world of their own business.These aren't only one more arrangement of applications. Some of these pupils discovered business prospects in improbabl...
  Pets are humans loyal companions.A house is incomplete without a pet since they are creatures which are capable in making our day brighter. I’ve always wanted a pet and I’m pretty sure I’ll own one soon .  This story is about my uncle’s little girl, Josie. Yes, it’s his pet but he treats her like his own daughter. Josie has her own sad flashback. She had a luxurious life with her first owner who were a French couple.Then it was time for them to return to their homeland le...
Jackie,Jackie!my boy, where's u?asked Mrs.happy kaur.she loved Jackie from the core of her heart and Mr.happy Singh too.the couple brimmed with enthusiasm since the day they brought that stray dog with great pomp and show as if he had completed their family.they fed him the best,they have him their best but never let him enter inside their living room.Don't know,why so? One Saturday afternoon,I found Jackie vomiting after eating grass from our kitchen garden:(.surprisingly,...
In fact, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a huge fan of pets. Call me selfish, call me unable to adjust, call me whatever, but I can see myself living to old age and never having to deal with pets.I had a dog once when I was a kid. I couldn't have been more than seven. It was a year-old German Shepard, and I'd named her Susie, after Angelica's friend from that old show "Rugrats". I don't think she lived in my house for more than two weeks. It wasn't that I didn't...
At various stages of your life, you will meet people, who despite having a job try to get education again. Some colleagues will criticize them for wasting time and money however you know that it is a great investment and any attempt to better yourself will be rewarded. There are some common evidences that can distinguish a graduate student. Office Becomes a Warehouse of Academic PapersBeing a student means constant accomplishing of various research papers, essays, cou...
Growing up with a veterinarian and a dog breeder for parents, I have come to rely on the presence of animals in my life. I still remember being four years old, pointing to one of the newly birthed puppies, and stating with the utmost certainty that that was my puppy. Since this new liter had been born near Christmas time, I went around calling her “my Christmas puppy”. When my parents finally told me that we were actually going to keep my chosen puppy, I could not contain the...
I was never the kind of person who could remember their umbrella. Regardless of wind, thunder, lightning, or whether it was a drizzle or a storm, I always forget my umbrella. I am a perpetual umbrella mooch, clinging to the sides of friends and family for shelter underneath their often too-small umbrellas. I am also, ‘surprisingly,’ the kind of person who often forgets their jacket, regardless of weather or temperature. Maybe it is because I live in the South, but the tho...
Born and raised in Long Beach, California, weather has been good to me. I am more than used to the sunny days, with a slight breeze, and going to the beach during winter. I considered myself extremely blessed to live where I live. I turn on the weather channel and see that it is freezing in many states throughout the United States, and I feel spoiled because weather this year In Long Beach has been like a mild summer! I am lucky enough to never have experienced a terrifying w...
Some days I wake up and I feel like I have a thousand pounds weighing on my back, knives sending pain through my body. When I stand up from my bed, darkness creeps in from the edges of my eyes and I stumble. And when I walk out to my kitchen and look outside, I understand why my symptoms so much worse today. The sky will be dark and my backyard gray, the ground splashed with water or snow. The weather is known to affect people’s health. And it affects mine all the time. And i...
When the thermometer on my grandfather’s dashboard read 104°, I wasn’t surprised. It was July in Washington D.C. and just a few years ago, it had been in the nineties in April. Heat waves were to be expected in Virginia, just as April snowstorms were to be expected back home in Utah. It started off like any heat wave: unbearable when we were outdoors, but relatively harmless while we were lounging in my grandparents’ living room. We had flown in the previous day and the outi...
I still remember, it was one of those days where it was quite difficult to predict whether it would rain or not. The weather was quite cold with the cool breeze blowing and giving me a shivering.. Among the hustle bustle of the leaves and noises of the insect, Dad ,my sister Shruti and I were talking randomly whereas mom was busy preparing spicy pakoras- just a perfect snacks for a cold weather.. Suddenly it started raining making Shruti and me thrill at the same time...
I am standing there, waiting for the free kick, nervous for myself, nervous for my team, nervous for my coach. I just want this one chance. At the start of the game, it starts to rain. Half of my teammates get devilishly happy grins at the thought of slide tackling while the other half worry about their hair. JV, or junior varsity, soccer games are usually played out of sight in the back fields. However, for this one time we are front and center on the turf, under the...