Writing Community for College Students

International blog for college students on StageofLife.comShare Your College Story.  Enter Writing Contest.  More...

Stage of Life® is a writing community designed for college bloggers.  Get involved with our writing mission by sharing your life experiences, entering our writing contests for college students, explore our goal setting resources, and review our college blogs about entertainment, statistics about college students, teen trend reports and more.  Wherever you are in college, whether you're a freshman or a senior, we look forward to reading your essays about your college experiences, fears, challenges, and triumphs.  Starting writing today...

Enter StageofLife.com college writing contest Twitter writing contest on StageofLife.com Discounts and coupons for college students on StageofLife.com
Enter the national writing contest for college students:
  Feb. and March 2016

"Second Chances"

Don't have a lot of time to write?
Enter our "Short Short Story" monthly Twitter writing contest.

College Student Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com

Save up to 20% on Lenovo, 25% at PapaJohns.com, and more!
Papa John's discount code for college students     Lenovo computer discount for college students

Essay Winners

Recent Teen Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayBefore you scroll down to read the essays being submitted by our teen writers and bloggers, let's celebrate the recent essay winners.  If you want to see if your essay was a finalist - check out our monthly teen trend report summary for each writing contest.

Teen Writing Contest Details

Read College Stories

Hello, my name is Lori. I am a baby boomer, living in Brisbane, Sunny Queensland, Australia. Having recently semi retired from paid work , my latest desire is to share my life experiences within a blog, your blog, and would be very grateful if you would allow it. I often think that Life is full of surprises and often mysterious!How else can I explain how I have lived in three Continents within seven years, as a teenager? I was eighteen years old when my ...
Be the change: To change my society. "I cannot change my past but I can change my future". This was what I believe to make a change in the society. I have a dream of making some great change to my people and to my society. The first and foremost thing is that to change my people's mindset. Today, we can see many crimes across our country. This is mainly due to people's unawareness. The corruption is generated only by the people and not by the officers. This is because, i...
I took a break after perusing a book; while I was wandering on Facebook, reading some boring new feeds, a post shared by my friend caught my attention. The article raises the issue of Vietnam having not developed within 40 years while China – our neighbour – though it had the same start which the country was poor and seemed to no future, now has been so prosperous and demonstrated its name to the whole world. After reading it, I smiled. Apparently, it was not a happy one at a...
A change is a difference in the state of a system. Man doesn't exist as a singular species. His existence isn't independent of the ones surrounding him. Everything a person does, affects the people around him, one way or another. Contribution to change for the better is a big responsibility. It involves judging the current status of the society, deciding how good or bad it is and deciding that what you plan to do is good for it too. To me, the root of all major problems in ...
The world is in our hands take the initiative to change it. We are living in a world faced with huge social challenges. Young people have the power to change the world. Most of the children are uneducated in our country. That is the reason why people don’t stand up for what they want. Human beings are social animals. They create problems and solve them. Nowadays people go after social status in the society. A man is unique in his own way. Our society is dynamic, it keeps on ...
Nursing isn't what I thought it would be. It's paperwork; it's HIPAA; it's trying to not get caught up in a lawsuit...I thought nurses were heroes. When did that change? Everyone's so busy trying to cover up their own butt, there's no energy left to concentrate on anyone else. Healthcare is the foundation of the world. If you don't have your health, you're basically just a lump of meat waiting to die. Although, if you want to be cynical, we're all lumps of meat waiting to die...
Well, the world we are living in is getting worse and worse. I can tell by what I see in my surroundings. Several buildings so-called skyscrappers starts growing up, and lands starts decreasing. Nature loses its presence, I said. People start worrying about their existence, but forget how to keep the balance between others. I think, people nowadays become so self-oriented, and only few I see who care enough about others. "I want to change the world. I want to make the wor...
We live in a world filled with innovations. May be in few years we will reach the pinnacle in all the fields.But this is only one side of the story, when we look at the other side it is full of burdens. People living in this side even fight for their basic needs and most of their children are deprived of education. Being deprived of education leave them linked to a chain of poverty. They also have an ocean full of wishes and they also wish to be a great contributor of w...
[size=7] My name is Kristina and I am 20 years old. I am from Lithuania and I was born hearing impaired, profoundly deaf. I wear a device which helps me to hear everything as possible. And yes, I can talk and I started learning the Lithuanian and American sign languages a little while ago. The idea to write an essay came by a wish to share good things. When I was younger, I always suspected people being bad. I had a fear about what they were thinking about me and...
  Each and everyone of us are distinguished by our characters. We are never a replica and there can never be an exact match for us. However, when time passes we gradually progress and replace our bad attitudes but this is not done by all. A change in a positive way will lead to a new world which will not despise any human being. However, we seldom choose that path since we are already comfortable with our current attitude.    A little goes a long way. Most importantly, when...
If we look around us,we would find that every generation wants a change. Today world is dealing with a lot of issues like Environment, Poverty, Increasing Sexual crimes, AIDS etc.. As an individual everyone expects from government to look after these issue, but in reality its a question to think about " Is it only government responsibility regarding the above issues"? Lets talk about the issues mentioned above.. We all wish to see that the environment in which we ar...
MOM IS MY TRULY LOVEToday, it’s Mother’s Day. The day where mothers of the world get recognized for all they do for their children. Mother’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. She has helped me become an adult. Ever since I started college, I've felt lost and scared. But my mom was always there for support. I always go all out for my mom on Mother’s Day. Chocolates, flowers, perfume, everything my mom loved, she got. I actually spoiled her more on Mother’s Day than her b...
I knew and struggled.As we came about conquering the years that served as marks of our ages, our vision about life definitely changed. When I was a daring kid, I would recall myself saying that I would probably do my best at high school, admit myself to a prestigious college, and enroll in a difficult course so that I will most likely land on a very high-paying occupation to buy all the toys I would see at the mall. This, has, never been new to me as my grade school frien...
The internet has become a preferred platform for communication and meeting people because it is fast and convenient. Online dating can provide many with favorable results when you are looking for a lifelong partner, a short romance or simply a friendship; however a failure to take the appropriate precautionary measures can lead to disaster. There are a number of tips that can be followed to produce the best results.Dating on the web makes it simple and easy to connect wit...
1. Just wear it. -No one will remember the gorgeous outfit you had on last week, the same as no one will remember the time you wore your favorite heels to school and completely wiped out on the stairs. If you want to wear it, wear it.2. The college you have been dreaming of since fifth grade might be a school you don't even end up applying to.-We all change our minds.Sometimes that's just not the way the dice roll.3. Annotate your homework-I know it sounds like a pain,...
We can bring out change in this world by not thinking as other people think..As nowadays,before doing anything people think about society's reaction our attitude ,nature and thinking will bring out the change in life people are not wrong or right .There way of thinking make them right or wrong so, don't change your way of living for others or because of society .Just be "YOURSELVES" and keep a right kind of attitude so when people see or talk to you they also make change .In ...
When questioning myself about obstacles humanity faces at a local and global scale, I am confronted with a seemingly endless list. When living in a modern country like the United States, we often fail to remember that in some less developed parts of the world, hunger, human trafficking, and religious segregation still persist. Not one day in recent memory has gone by without a mass murder in the Middle East and Africa. It is my belief that before humankind can indeed advance ...
We are told from a young age that money cannot buy happiness. To you, it doesn’t mean much. You know you will have dinner tonight. There was a hole in your backpack, but you bought a new one when it’s time had come. Your shoes have sturdy, rubber soles. Your t-shirt was retouched with bleach many a time. And you look forward to a trip out of town with your family and friends the following weekend. You’re safe. You are taken care of. You’re a comfortable, content kid.You not...
For most people, winning the lottery would be a dream come true. They could buy whatever their heart desired, and every monetary wish could become their reality. For me, winning the lottery would give me the opportunity to change the world for the better; because I believe that no amount of money in your possession, no matter how much, could buy you happiness. When people win the lottery it opens up so many doors. They now have the chance to travel to places they have never ...
First thing that popped up in my mind when I hear a question "What will you do if you win the lottery?" I quickly answer it: Doing more porjects to saving our environment. You know, our environment is getting worse and worse from time to time eventhough what we hope for is the other way. Especially when it comes to speak of plastic waste. We all know that plastic can be harmful for our environment. But the fact is, the use of plastic in today life is getting bigger....
Winning a lottery is never easy. At some point of our lives we all wish to win a lottery and makes many plans what would have after that. But in reality is it so easy? Well, we don't know the answer until unless we don't try playing it once. For playing a lottery all you need is the hope that you would be successful one day, if not today then maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Sometime people thinks that playing a lottery is waste of time as it is just a waste of money....
A $40 tip placed in a glass jar at a coffee bar.A $10 bill hidden to discover within the coverOf “Anne of Green Gables” and a booklet of fables.A chicken salad croissant or whatever they wantBehind me in the drive thru in the Chevy Malibu.Coins left at the bottom of vending machines. Dollars tucked in the pockets of donated jeans.Rolled up bills in the cup holder at the movie theater.For a moviegoer or the guy who has to sweep it up later.A trip to Sorrento to see th...
From my childhood I hear many times about college that college life is so interesting, enjoyable life .but in this stage when i come in college I think that school life is best life..where no tention very carefree life I think..college life is not so enjoyable as compare to school life but we reaxh in the stage of college life we understand and many things our knowledge increase new life start ..but in school these,thing are not...but we had great time in school..and not my m...
In the hypothetical situation, where I were to strike the jackpot and win a lottery, I will be left with a rather handsome sum of money. Rather than let it go to waste, I think that a better option would be to invest in something that would not only help people, but will also assure them of a better standard of living.
In that vein, I will use the money to set up a start-up enterprise of my own, where the objective will not be plain old-fashioned money making, but a more pure...
  An enormous gift is laid in front of us yet we think before unwrapping it since we don’t have any idea on the level of fragility nor the level of pressure it can withstand. That is how I received a special gift in my life exactly matching the terms I mentioned above but it was more than something special. It was a lifetime present for me to cherish and that was a person to call as my brother.  Why is he so special? Because he is not my blood-brother but both of us don’t...
This is a continuation story which I wrote for the university publication. The story is about the a girl who lost his brother which i emphasized in the part 1 of this story. It tells about the situation in the country that touches the life of a Filipino. ...
  As humans sometimes at some parts in our life we would come to a conclusion that it is better to be alone since we won’t need to have unnecessary confrontations. In addition to it, let’s face the reality! When we meet new people they will always have their package of problems. Thus, it depends on how we are going to solve it together or just leave it unattended. For a girl who thought seeking solace is the best option, an angel made me think it was an entirely wrong step. ...
  Money is not an essential element to survive on earth. However, the importance of money should not be neglected since in order to purchase the items we need to live we need money! Money makes life miserable due to selfishness and possessiveness yet it gives the best to those who use it in accordance to their necessity.  The rule and policy of money are as such to me. Therefore, if I hit the lottery I’ll separate it into five portions. Firstly I would donate a fair amount ...
My family began life in America with 50 dollars. The first ten were spent at the airport buying a bag of potato chips and two bottles of water. I was five at the time. Naturally, the expense was for me. Everything has always been for me.For years, my father worked two jobs and my mother worked seven days a week. They never complained, though. But I did: about having to eat when I wanted to play, about waking up too late on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons, about forced t...
Money-One simplest words or so it seems. The question that society debates is can money buy happiness? But maybe, that is not the question we should be asking. Perhaps, the question is can your money buy other people’s happiness? Can our actions with our finances determine the outcome of someone else’s happiness? Yes, it can. Life is all about choices and if we make the right ones we can change someone’s life. Just like every college student I think of what it would be ...