Resources and Coupons for College Students

Resources for College Students

International blog for college students on StageofLife.com

Stage of Life® features statistics, videos, etiquette lessons, quotes, news, and more for and about college students  

Get started now by selecting the category of information below you'd like to explore for this life stage.  Our editors are adding new information regularly so check back often for new content.

Enjoy!

--Stage of Life Editorial Team

Coupons for College Students1) Coupons for College Students

Are you a college student looking to save money?  Check out the merchants who have some special offers for you.  Save between 5% and 50% with Stage of Life's free MyLifeRewards® savings program

Coupons for College Students

Etiquette for College Students2) Etiquette about College

Do you have a question for our Stage of Life Etiquette coach, Jay, about college student manners or civility?  Submit your etiquette question to Stage of Life and have some fun reading the other questions and answers we've received.  You may just learn an important etiquette lesson!

Etiquette for college students

Financial tips for college students3) Financial Tips for College Students

As part of its financial literacy mission, Stage of Life features key articles and content about living a financially sound life.  Check out articles such as the Top 10 Financial Tips for Life and more...

Finanical Tips for College Students

Generational information4) Generational Information

Have you ever wondered what's the difference between a Millennial, Gen X, or Baby Boomer?  Wonder no longer.  Take some time to view the generational detail about the five major generations alive today from Gen Z to the Silent Generation.

Generational definitions

Goal setting for College Students5) Goal Setting for College Students

For the last half decade, Stage of Life has been proud to provide its free Goal Setting worksheet for college students.  It's now one of the top ranked Goal Setting Worksheets on Google and has been used by over 100,000 students, parents and teachers.  Download it free here.

Goal setting for College Students

Entertainment for College Students6) Entertainment about College Students

Looking for books, movies, and music about college students?  Look no further.  Check out our Editor-generated list of must-view media about this life stage

Entertainment for College Students

News about College7) News about College Students

In partnership with PRNewswire, Stage of Life consolidates news stories about college and college students.  Check out the latest news stories about this stage in your life.

News about college students

Quotes about College8) Quotations about College Students

Looking for some inspirational or funny quotes by famous people about college or college students?  We've found a bunch.  And you can submit more for us to feature too!

Quotes about College

Statistics about College Students9) Statistics about College Students

Finding credible statistics about college students is a daunting task.  We've taken some of the work for you as our Editors comb through major publications and research to present the most relevant statistics

Statisitcs about college students

Videos for College Students10) Videos about College Students

If you want to watch some interesting, inspirational, or funny videos tailored to college students, check out the collection of YouTube picks our Editors have complied...

Videos for College Students

Must Visit Websites for College Students11) Must Visit Websites for College Students

We've compiled a list of must visit websites for college students.  And we're always looking for more suggestions if you're aware of a website that every teenager should know about.  Check out the list here...

Must Visit Websites for College Students

Writing contest for college students12) Past Writing Contests for College Students

For half a decade, Stage of Life hosted one of the largest, most-visited writing contests for college students in the world.  Read the winning essays here...

Writing contest winning essays

Educational resources13) Educational Resources for College Students

Centered around its digital and financial literacy missions, Stage of Life features various educational resources for college students and teachers/professors such as...

Contact Stage of Life14) Contact Us to Share Your Thoughts

Are you looking for something that's missing from our content?  Or have ideas or suggestions for things we should add to our College Stage of Life?  Contact us with your ideas!

Contact us

Essay Winners

Writing Contest Winners

Teen Blogging WinnersWinning Teen EssayStage of Life has welcomed over 1 million high school and college students as part of its international writing contests.  Thousands of students have participated with essay submissions.  We celebrate the winners on our essay winners page.  These student writers are some of the best in the world, and we've been fortunate to have Stage of Life submissions featured on TIME.com and other publications who recognize the talent of the students submitting work through StageofLife.com

Teen Writing Contest Winners

Read College Stories

It can be hard to imagine that my childhood was a happy one despite not knowing who my parents were. My aunt, who would come visit me and take me out would teach me their names. I would recite their names back to her in monotone. She would make me sit away from her students and write out the alphabet in silence during her classroom sessions. My grandparents didn’t treat me like a child even though I was five years old. They were my guardians and despite what my aunt said I b...
Have you ever thought how nature can take us out of grieves? Have you ever thought how nature is the biggest source of happiness? I was also ignorant of the fact till my preliminary senior secondary exams. As a result of health issues I was just able to cross the passing marks. I was disheartened and resisted to speak to anyone. One fine day while heading towards home it started to drizzle which lasted for ten minutes. Then a thought knocked my mind. Why the rain stopped? Wh...
I think wanting happiness is perhaps the only common thing that all of the human beings share. As I have observed most of the people become happy when they get what they want. For instance I would be happy if there was no drought and hunger in my country. Now ten million people are stroked by draught, may be you think I should be the most depressed person in the world. But as a matter of fact I am very happy. As I have mentioned earlier we think we would be happy if we get wh...
I have always been told how to be. You, my girl, are a shy, quiet girl with a sweet demeanor and a secret fire, but you tend to have trouble saying no. Also, you are most certainly straight. You have feelings for a girl? Push them down, it is not who you are. It is just a phase, keep moving forward. Relationship after relationship failed through the years, I was hurt and broken and did not think love existed for me. And then she came along. Her name rolled off my ton...
Have we ever considered what makes us the most happiest person? It's neither in winning any trophy nor being the topper of the class..It comes from the satisfaction of helping someone and bringing a smile on their face. The household maid working in our house has three daughter's.. It was the marriage of the younger daughter and she invited our family but was was unsure whether we will visit her house to bless their daughter??On the wedding day of her daughter when sh...
I am Water. Often unstable as steam, I fade away. Sometimes, I feel more dense, but do not forget when I was fog. Now, I go to those days when I let go. I feel more complete, more real, and I am finally a drop. But I also feel fear. Uncontrolled, there are times where I feel the impact against the cold pavement. And again I steam. The cycle is repeated. I am Wind. A blast, ...
Someone has rightly said that we are born to be real, not to be perfect. The secret of happiness is enclosed within this one line. Most of the people in the world try to become like others. They underestimate themselves. They forget that each and every human being is born with the same capacity. It depends on us how we use our capabilities and convert them into opportunities. Instead of improving ourselves, we compare our life with other people who are more successful than us...
We live in a chaotic world.One characterized by death of loved ones each sunrise and sunset,cries of men,women and children loosing their lifes in cold blood wars not to mention the numerous deaths caused by deadly diseases that are discovered each new day.Amidst all these,one may wonder.What exactly is happiness?Where do I find happiness?What is there to smile about when the smell of death hangs so dangerously in the air?What is there to rejoice over when in some nations a...
My name is Melodious Nyanchama currently a student at Kenyatta University going to my fourth year come september.That should tell you I am almost finishing school.All my life I have lived as the typical determined girl next door especially in my school work.I would describe myself as the kind who wants to always get it right and has difficulties accepting anything less than perfect for results. I used to be that person who beats themselves for not beating deadlines or for...
For 18 years, I had been searching for the secret of happiness. I looked for happiness in my grades, my musical career, my friendships, my family, and my relationship. These provided happiness, don’t get me wrong, but only temporary happiness. I found the secret of happiness the last month of my freshman year when I accepted Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior. The moment I said yes to Jesus, the Holy Spirit entered into me, and he made me aware of areas of ...
Do you not have common-sense or you lag behind in making decisions? Why? Are you not knowledgeable about what is going on around you or you think of yourself as a child that does not think before doing things or to express his/her emotions and views without observing behaviors that encircle him/her…….It is to be said as immaturity, if it is, so who is mature?...This is the question mark which is raising in teens of this smart age..Where is it enhancing?The sentence is...
How are we so quick to take for granted the remarkable things going on in life?Why is it so easy to complain?Why do we focus on the negative?Everything is amazing and nobody is happy.However, happiness can easily be achieved even without the brilliant advances in the world.Rather than being reactive to what’s going on around us, happy people take control of their lives and emotions. If you are unhappy with your life, who or what else can you blame than you...
As a society we have certain norms. We have expectations as far as wealth, and physical appearance, so when an individual doesn't meet those expectations they tend to feel like they're not good enough. This leads to unhappiness. The way to stop this is to realize you are not everyone else. You might not have the financial stability or the body for those new shorts you seen at the mall and that's okay. Stop comparing yourself to the societal norm because if that isn't you, it ...
Often times while exploring outside places, our fears and insecurities ride along like dark shadows on our sides. And when it's time to set for a soul-searching, we back-off. I have always been a fan of Howard Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI). This has helped me unravel my capabilities and guard my focus of honing my strengths in the past roads of my teenage journey. My mother has been a consistent, good reminder to be unafraid in leaping out from my comfor...
"Happiness depends on ourselves." -AristotleThe secret of happiness is a question that many find difficult to answer, and that is because many people focus on all of the negativity in their lives. This is why not many people can say that they feel happy--They don't think about it because it's easier for them to focus on the bad things that happen to them since there is such an abundance of negativity in their lives. Why?When you focus on negativity, you are only going to ...
Oftentimes optimists are known for being happy. I however associate optimism with disappointment. Realists on the other hand, are often pleasantly surprised when things go their way. I think those two approaches to expectations in life also correlate to our expectations on our happiness. We cannot go through life expecting to always be a constant sort of happiness that is unattainable, and therefore unrealistic. However if we take the point of view that happiness may or may n...
When I was a kid, I ran care free. There were bumps in the road, some of which I hurdled over, some I’d fall and scrape my knee. To me, those were no big deal; I just got up and kept running. It wasn’t until high school that running became a race, and with the race came obstacles. Stress induced panic attacks and all the self-hate that came from not meeting my expectations pressed down on me like a 100 lb backpack. With this weight I worked with half the efficiency but...
In life, sometimes it’s hard to accept the reality that in this world everything does not happen on our accordance. Every one of us has a broken wing which symbolizes our courage in life. Life unfolds new challenges each day which may tend to lower our hopes or maybe in contrary. One should realize that no matter what happens never should they hide their broken wing. When we were born at first everything was spoon fed. Then gradually we were given our own wings...
I finished secondary school in 2013, I have been trying to get into the university but things doesn't seem to work out, last year I almost had an admission and I messed up the opportunity. You see I wrote an exam to get into the university last year and I passed the examination, everyone believed I would make the admission list except my parents, is like they were anticipating my failure because I have never done anything successfully without their help, so I was determined t...
Dear Mom, It’s weird writing about this because i’ve never felt the need to. I just want to say thank you. Thank you for leaving me. Thank you for choosing drugs, alcohol, and random men over me. You changed my life when I turned 7. I remember coming home from school and I was such a happy kid, but that day changed my whole entire life. I came home and you and dad were arguing, it wasn’t anything big because all parents argue, right? I remember seeing boxes and you yelli...
I honestly think that the term ‘second chances’ is pretty clichéd. But these couple of words hold a great deal of significance in our lives. Even in this age of technological advancement, people are prone to messing up and falling prey to the immoral ways of life. It is human nature, I guess. But then, as the proverb goes- to err is human; to forgive is divine. Obviously there are some things which simply cannot and perhaps should not be forgiven; nevertheless if a simple ‘so...
People's second chances take shape in various forms. While others enjoy theirs in the form of forgiveness, I had experienced mine in a very unusual method: a dream.There he was. My healthy grandfather hanged in his favorite green shirt appeared very fine to me. I quickly snaffled the opportunity to sequel him a very tight hug as if it were years the last time I sensed his warm skin and mesmerized his smile that taught me how to hope for the best. But it became clear to me...
We are human beings, we all make mistakes and I think we should certainly be punished for them, but we should be forgiven and given the opportunity for a second chance. What if we all get a second chance? We all will take it. Like everyone else in this world, I have had sufferings. There are disappointments and hindrances in everybody’s life. I feel like I am writing “Second Chances: Mere Life Changers” not just for myself, but also for all those people who have struggled.So...
SECOND CHANCE: TURNING POINT OF MY CAREER "The first chance shows only the way for achievement but sometimes the second chance will make way for the achievement", That was what I believe. It happened in my life during my school days. When I was studying seventh standard at the age of 11 years, my school usually make students to give their own speech during prayer session. It was compulsory for students from seventh to higher class. As my school life was going smoothly, a...
I have 6 sisters, none of which are biological. We argue, we fight, we yell, we kick, we scream, sometimes we even punch. We love, we shield, we hope, we stay steadfast, we pray. To have a group so tightly bonded, that pray for you at every chance, on every call to them; a blessing if there ever was one. God knows exactly who to put in your life, in combination with others. These 6 are a great combination.Unfortunately, we aren't always the Brady Bunch. Sometimes we hurt ...
It's easier to think, ah this was meant to be. Whatever will happen will happen. But...everything that we do, they're our choices. Whether it be the ones that we regret or the ones we're glad we made. For me, I had always been confused about what I wanted to do with my life. I wasn't sure. But, somehow nursing stuck out for me. In my 9th grade career orientation class I had chosen to interview a nurse, even though it didn't seem like something I was going to do. Then college ...
Hello, my name is Lori. I am a baby boomer, living in Brisbane, Sunny Queensland, Australia. Having recently semi retired from paid work , my latest desire is to share my life experiences within a blog, your blog, and would be very grateful if you would allow it. I often think that Life is full of surprises and often mysterious!How else can I explain how I have lived in three Continents within seven years, as a teenager? I was eighteen years old when my ...
Be the change: To change my society. "I cannot change my past but I can change my future". This was what I believe to make a change in the society. I have a dream of making some great change to my people and to my society. The first and foremost thing is that to change my people's mindset. Today, we can see many crimes across our country. This is mainly due to people's unawareness. The corruption is generated only by the people and not by the officers. This is because, i...
I took a break after perusing a book; while I was wandering on Facebook, reading some boring new feeds, a post shared by my friend caught my attention. The article raises the issue of Vietnam having not developed within 40 years while China – our neighbour – though it had the same start which the country was poor and seemed to no future, now has been so prosperous and demonstrated its name to the whole world. After reading it, I smiled. Apparently, it was not a happy one at a...
A change is a difference in the state of a system. Man doesn't exist as a singular species. His existence isn't independent of the ones surrounding him. Everything a person does, affects the people around him, one way or another. Contribution to change for the better is a big responsibility. It involves judging the current status of the society, deciding how good or bad it is and deciding that what you plan to do is good for it too. To me, the root of all major problems in ...