Stage of Life Generations

Generational research

What is a generation?

Generation: All of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively or the average period, generally considered to be about thirty years, during which children grow up and have children of their own.

Stage of Life interns, bloggers and editors have compiled a list of cultural influences for each generation.  Our research gives a brief summary of the generation, and outlines the top books, music, movies, tv shows and historical milestones occurring during the birth period dates specified for each generation.

From Gen Y to Gen X to the Baby Boomers, take a few moments and explore the below generations - just click on the image or text link to take you to your specific generation may just stumble upon a memory or find something inspiring...

What's Your Generation

Generation Z

Generation Z

The "iGeneration"

Born 1991-present

Generation Y

Generation Y

The "Millennials" or "Echo Boomers"

Born 1980-1991

Generation X

Generation X

The "Gen X'ers" or "MTV Generation"

Born 1965-1979

Baby Boomer Generation

Baby Boomers

"The Sandwich Generation" or "War Babies"

Born 1946-1964

Silent generation

Silent Generation

Born 1939-1945

Greatest Generation

Greatest Generation

"The G.I. Generation" or "WWII Generation"

Born 1925-1939

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.