Apply for a Stage of Life Visa Card

Apply for a Stage of Life Visa Card

SUPPORT DIGITAL LITERACY

Apply for a Stage of Life Visa® Platinum Rewards Card and help support the digital literacy, blogging and educational initiatives on StageofLife.com. 

We work closely with students, the education community, and parents to provide a free portal that encourages people to write more, not less, as we continue to grow into one of the largest free, premier online writing resources. 

When you apply and use the card, Stage of Life digital literacy projects will benefit, e.g. our national writing contests, blogging curriculum development, classroom poster funding, and more.

A WORD ABOUT CREDIT CARDS

--Using a credit card requires financial responsibility. 
--Stage of Life recommends reading our 10 Financial Literacy tips before applying for the Stage of Life card.
--Manage your household finances so that you can pay off your credit card balance at the end of every month.
--You must be 18 years old to apply (with a co-signer) or 21+ without a co-signer
.
--Read the FAQs from UMB Bank below if you have any questions about the Stage of Life Visa Card.

Frequently Asked Questions

UMB and Visa - Stage of Life Visa Card

Q. How does opening a credit card with UMB benefit Stage of Life?
A. Stage of Life receives $50 for each approved application that is activated and used within 90 days of approval. Additionally, UMB will make a percentage donation to Stage of Life's digital literacy efforts for the usage of the card by its members.

Q. Who is UMB?
UMB is a multi-bank, multi-billion dollar holding company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. They were ranked by Smart Money as "the highest-scoring traditional bank among our favorites and by Forbes as the #2 "best" bank in the U.S." As a leading card issuer with nearly 40 years of credit card experience, UMB offers a wide range of consumer and commercial Visa and private label products. For more information, visit www.umb.com.

Q. Is there an annual fee?
A. No, there is no annual fee.*

Q. What is the annual percentage rate (APR) on the card? *
A. 0% introductory APR for six months. After the introductory period, the interest rate will be the Wall Street Prime rate + 9.74%, currently 12.99%.

Q. Can I apply over the phone?
A. Unfortunately, not at this time.

Stage of Life Visa CardQ. How can I get an application by mail?
A. Paper applications will be available at certain Stage of Life events or by contacting Stage of Life.  We encourage you to apply securely online to help us reduce marketing and processing costs.

Q. When I apply for the card, will my transaction be secure?
A. Yes. Your application will be transmitted to UMB through an encrypted security page.

Q. How does the rewards program work?
A. Simply use your card at the participating retailers listed on rewards.umb.com

• NOTE:  This is a DIFFERENT set up of merchant offers and partners than found on Stage of Life's coupon page.
  • To earn Bonus Rewards points shopping in-store, make sure you use your card for all your purchases. An up-to-date and complete list of participating retailers can always be located on the UMB Bonus Rewards Web site.
  • To earn Bonus Rewards points for online purchases, you must access participating retailers through the Bonus Rewards Web site and use the link provided to make your purchases. If you do not use the link to shop, you will not earn Bonus Rewards points on your transactions.
Your earned Bonus Rewards points will automatically be credited to your Bonus Rewards Activity account and can be found on your monthly statement.

Stage of Life Visa CardQ. What can I redeem for with my points earned?
A. You can redeem your points for name-brand merchandise, gift cards, travel, event tickets and activities. For more information about redemptions options, please visit rewards.umb.com for more details.

Q. Do my points expire?
A. Points expire after 5 years. For more information on Program Rules, please see the Rewards Program Rules disclosure that will accompany your card.

Q. How do I redeem my points?
A. Simply go to online redemptions site at rewards.umb.com to redeem your points.

Q. If I have another question about Bonus Rewards not listed above, who can I contact?
A. Please contact UMB customer service at 800-821-4115.

* 0% APR only on purchases and balance transfers initiated during the first six months. No balance transfer fee will be imposed for balance transfers initiated during the introductory rate period. Thereafter, rates will vary.