Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

Throughout history, the Juvenile Dependency Courts have gradually evolved to become the convoluted and destructive corner in the Superior Courts; at least, one has to believe that the Dependency/ Child Welfare Courts that now span nationwide, at first originated with the real and true Best Interests of the Child at heart. That is most certainly NOT what drives the Department of Family & Children’s Services today, despite the fact that this agency is only in existence as a means of executing and

Runaways have higher rates of depression, physical and sexual abuse, alcohol and drug problems, delinquency, school problems, and difficulties with peers than juveniles who do not run away.

Many runaways have been exposed to high levels of violence, either as victims or as witnesses.

Juveniles in substitute care (e.g., foster care, group homes) are more likely to run away than juveniles who live at home with a parent or guardian. The chances of juveniles in care running aw

Dasia K. Thompson
February 19, 2014

Olympic Spirit: The Guts and Glory
Wilma Rudolph once said “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” The greatness comes from you and yourself. All you need is your human spirit to influence your dreams and then greatness is found. The only thing that stops you from striving for your goal is the will power/sel

Dear mom, I don't think you understand. I don't even think I understand. My siblings, family, and I love you very much? Why can't you see? You've cut us out from your world. You show little signs of love, but it's not enough. you've stopped going to church, and people are asking where you've been. I'm scared mom. I'm afraid you'll leave us. You almost did because you and dad almost decided to leave each other, and you guys aren't as close as you guys were before. Please don't leave us. Please d

Dear Mom,
2014 is another year without you, another year full of tears and grieving. I look forward to 2014 and the rollar coaster rides it will have. Growing up with a loss of a parent is hard, but i have managed to make it 3 years now without you. I hope this year you will look down on me and be proud of the woman i am becoming.

Cheers to a new year!

Love you always mom,
Your peanut Kallee

White.... That's the first thing I knew when I woke up. The blinding white that gave you a headache if you stared at it for too long.
It was cold, that shade of white. Like snow. Like a hospital. As my eyes tried to get used to the blinding white and the florescent lights, I heard voices.
At first, they were unfamiliar. But I quickly recognized them. My mother and father. Talking quietly to my sister. Telling her that I would be alright. I heard crying. No... weeping. Sobbing. Like h

HOW TO REMOVE UNEMPLOYMENT AND POVERTY?
“THERE IS ONLY ONE MAGIC TO REMOVE POVERTY----HARD WORK,
IRON WILL, CLEAR VISION STRICTEST DISCIPLINE”.
Not an easy task in a country having a population of a billion plus where 40 per cent of the people are below poverty line. It means more than 40crore people are poverty line. The daily income of these hapless people i.e. the income of the earning member of the family is less than a dollar s

I know by now acceptance isnt the easiest to come by nowadays, but I've tried my best to accept it is what it is. I've known since I was little I wasn't the same as most people, I always thought it was a bad thing. But at my young old age, I've come to realize its not a bad thing to be different to be unique. Its a new year im getting older I cant hide anymore. I have good hope for 2014, it has inspired me to be myself before its to late. Even though the judgment will hurt and the days may

I awoke this morning, chilled by the residual sweat of a nightmare…saturated by a deepened fear for your safety; trapped within the confines of a place I’ve long-anticipated on a sub-conscious level that’s only obvious to me now that I’m here. I don’t know how many New Years I’ve spent uneasy over you – over what’s happened to you in your life that’s molded you into someone so hollow – so empty myself, as a result of such emptiness. Today, New Year’s Day 2014, I awoke cursing the succession of

staying strong doesn't always mean you have to fight the battle. True strength is being MATURE enough to walk away from the nonsense with you head held high..
Stay Strong,
Ayla

<<Prev  2 of 15    Next>>