Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

"Who am I"? I never knew that , neither was I ever interested in knowing so . Unless and until that noon passed by my life .

The heat of that scorching noon is still piercing my body . All the memories are flashing across my eyes .

I used to sell handicraft works for my family's livelihood . The earning was feeble . As a result we were dwelling in a kind of slum area . The street fights and their terror was a regular routine . We were all so well

This is a true story of my life and the trials and tribulations
I went through to become the person I am today. The story will
also encompass my diabetes, depression, positive thinking, and
the emotional roller coaster I was on for 27 years. The narrative
will outline the steps I have taken to recreate the new person
I am today

I posted my story on One Billion Rising’s web page two weeks ago. To summarize what I said, “My name is Sarah. I am a single mom and I am one in three women who has been raped and abused. I got out of a relationship with a man who yelled at our daughter and hit walls. I have to testify against him at his trial because he waved a knife at me. Our daughter is in temporary foster care because I had severe depression and I was suicidal. You know what? He was not the only man I met like that.”

I've been concerned about my brother for a long time now. He's been in and out of work, needing money all the time. It has been hard on me sending money and mom is stressed out to say the least. Just received the phone call and my brother is an official truck driver. He lives in AZ, I live in WV. Hopefully I'll see him soon.

Becoming a truck driver is a great career choice. You get to see the world, make good money but you spend a lot of time on the road. If your stuck in your life a

Almost an year ago, on my birthday, I wrote a letter to myself, which I was supposed to open on my next birthday. Here it is:
"Hey Kiddo,
Thank you for writing me and sending me positive thoughts :). I am extremely happy that you were able to change your live for the best. You finally managed to pull yourself together and have not only dreamed of a better future, but actually visualized and planned it. The baby steps you took, paid off. You finally started earning really well from wh

This poem is for a peaceful but meaningful protests and movement. To make others notice that our justice system is failing to correctly protect citizens. It's time that we make a change and take a stand for what we believe in. To make sure that our future and future generations will be great and proud to live in a peaceful and righteous nation we call The United States of America.

As summer is coming to an end, I’m realizing this one didn’t feel all that different to me: I went back to my job I spent my summers and other breaks working at while in college, I read all of the books I wanted to during the past school year that I didn’t have time for and then some, and I hung out with friends until ridiculous hours of the morning, narrowly avoiding my parents leaving for work, sneaking in like I did in high school.

The only real difference, this is the first sum

When it comes to fashion, what do you visualize in your head? What is the first thought, first classification that comes in mind? Usually, we think about women. Of course, nearly every women cares what they look like. However, men do not follow with the same confidence. Many men don't care what they look like. Men, your making a mistake. Everyone should care what they look like. Women do, why can't men? Yes, men can be ready in 5 minutes. That is true, so why can't men get dressed, groomed and

It was normal, right? This silly nervousness that fluttered inside my stomach. My hand swept through my bangs again as they rebelliously tried to flop out of place. The pimple on my forehead, right in the center made me wince at myself in the mirror, but maybe, I thought abnormally optimistic, no one would notice with all the other pimples on my cheeks and nose. It would blend in,right? I would blend in,right? The new shirt my mom had bought me seemed to be too tight as I pulled my jeans just

This is a work of fiction. Names, Characters, places and incidents are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.

This is a short story of a woman's journey into maturity, she is writing about in her personal diary. She is learning to accept her imperfections and admire her unique qualities during the forty-something season of her life. This is when she finds a new meaning o

<<Prev  2 of 17    Next>>