Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

This is a work of fiction. Names, Characters, places and incidents are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.

This is a short story of a woman's journey into maturity, she is writing about in her personal diary. She is learning to accept her imperfections and admire her unique qualities during the forty-something season of her life. This is when she finds a new meaning o

I can't believe it was was only a couple of months ago that I moved to a new apartment. It was a little nerve wracking because it was the first move that I had to do on my own without the help of my big strong dad and my mother making sure every little thing was perfectly packed away in boxes.

But, to be completely honest, I wasn't completely alone and I had also done some research. I had friends that I had bribed with beer and pizza to help me move to the new place. Luckily, I didn

You live like stuck in labirint, thinking that somewhen you'll get out and all will be okay but it doesn't come. You are thinking about future to escape from the present.
Go to sleep when you don't want to, get up when you don't want to, go there you don't want to.
Something like this, said Alaska in awesome John Green's book "Looking for Alaska". She was sure that everything is about and something that is important for you today, is going to doesn't matter tomorrow.

I can honestly say that I am more than ready to leave, and maybe never come back. I just get so irritated at people that I feel as if something is wrong with me; which is certainly a possibility seeing as I've never been tested or anything....but I am lately in a constant state of feeling like a failure and not caring.
I'm just so lost and confused, and I have no one to turn to and no idea whatsoever of what to do.

Dear High Point:

It’s not you, it’s me.

Okay, actually, that’s a lie. It’s you. It’s definitely you. But let me explain.

We’ve had a good four years. I’ll never forget the time that my friends and I hung out in front of the school and colored the sidewalks with chalk… and later got called to the principal’s office for the same reason. I’ll never forget the legions of inside jokes with friends, finding my center in Room 215, or staying up half the night to get A

After many years of scholastic due diligence to reach this day, you now have choices solely at your discretion. Congratulations. Choose wisely. The future is an open highway filled with winding turns and many exits. It is up to you which exits to take or how long you wish to travel the highway. There are no guarantees you’ll reach your planned destination, but where you arrive is where you need to be. Often times, life will lead you somewhere not expected. Immerse yourself in the journ

Hi I'm Aly and I'm 19, I have schizophrenia,depression,bipolar, and borderline personality disorder. Yes I have all that. This is my story. I was in and out of hospitals since I was 14. I was hospitalized 10 times. I have really bad episodes where I cut myself scream and break things. I don't mean to but I do. I have been on every medication imaginable. I currently take 12 pills a day. No one knows how to help me. I am so tired of being a statistic. I am always scared and confused. I have trie

From the comfy chair in the Psychiatrist's office, I am often asked the common question, "How do you feel?". Ah, the proverbial question that prompts me to mentally scan my body for any and every physical symptom that could possibly pop into mind. That is until my mind reminds me that I am mentally ill and that technically I suppose I should be describing an emotion that matches the current thoughts in my head.
Being so accustomed to denial and disassociation, I really have to tak

I went through a phase in my life where I felt like what I had to say didn't matter. I lived in a hometown where people treated me like I was an alien for saying hello to them. When I talked to my family they acted like what I said didn't matter at all. Sometimes you have to leave your family, friends and negative people who bring you down to feel like you're important. You shouldn't think you are so important that you think or act like you are better than everyone. I worked from job to jo

As I was commuting by train on Tuesday, Feb 4, 2014, I picked up Metro Newspaper and as I was reading the paper I stumbled into a story about Fisherman Jose Salvador Albarengo, 37, originally from El Salvador, who had set sail on a shark fishing trip in his fibreglass boat in December 2012 from Mexico, 10,000km away, but was blown out to sea.
What was supposed to be a one-day fishing expedition if the fisherman wasn’t blown off course by the northern winds, ended up causing him to be 13 mo

<<Prev  2 of 16    Next>>