Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

After making the best travel time driving from NY,
we decided against staying a nite at Flagler
Beach to going directly to Disney. I call Disney to
see if I can add a night. We had booked preferred
at Pop Century and I didn't want to have to move
in the morning. No problem but at Rack rate.
Finally finding a parking spot. We wait in line
forever then dilly dally around the resort (our first
time there) and around 11 pm or so head to our
room with lug

It is assured that any person currently living in the 21st century has heard the name Winston Churchill. Churchill was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, as well as a conscientious politician, and intellectual man. He once stated, “All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.” It is apparent in our world today, that a large percentage of the population is constantly wishing to have a ‘do-over’ in attempt to fix their empty, mundane lives. In reality, it is the mis

Living thousands of kilometres away from your only loved one in a big bad city can be tricky. Skype can help you see your Mom's face on your phone no matter how distorted. Hangouts can give a better quality on phone but sometimes just few diagonal lines. But for these fifty year olds getting a hang of the app world, you see how their world crashes down when they can't have whatsapp!

A year younger than my Mom, my land lady's caretaker, Aladin's Ginee, has been asking me, 'Tanu! who's

A small town's high school band, with no more than 54 students, sat on the bleachers of the football stadium with the school's they'd competed against. It was the moment we'd been waiting for since the ending of my junior year.
The 2005-2006 marching contest, as the band's performed the numbers they'd been working on since summer. Premont's marching band became a Cinderella story that year as the 54 piece band took on 'Phantom of the Opera.' It was the show that ultimately restored the he

Do you ever get that feeling where you feel obligated to do something for someone else? It's almost like you don't want to disappoint anyone so you never say no to them (the one exception being your family or friends on unimportant matters). And do you ever feel like you are being watched? Because of social media, people can see what you are doing at all times, and it is a problem. I have this problem. I really don't like saying no to anyone, because I don't want people to feel disappointed or

About a girl who was told to describe herself and chose to write about it instead.

Disclaimer: This story is not based on me, and could be triggering. Also this story is not finished and is a start to a short story. I am only sharing this story to get feedback on if I should continue it or not.

Start story below:

Sometimes I wonder what no, correction, I always wonder what my future will come to be. Will I marry someone from my hometo

Everyone is an actor. We may not realize it, but we do our fair share of acting on a daily basis. The person taking your coffee order asks you how you are today. You answer "fine" even though you're dying inside. Your parent or significant other ask you how your day was. You say "good" or "okay" without really stopping to think. Sure, some parts of it may have been "good" or "okay" but surely not all of it. Or was it?

Everything happens for a reason. There is not a single leaf that f

I once heard an actor encourage people to take an acting class once in their life because it was a useful class for life. I followed this and I could not agree more with him, even with all my major psychology courses. I initially took the class to further overcome my anxiety of speaking in front of people, but in the end I gained so much more, much thanks to my Beginning Acting professor who was one of the toughest professors in the department.
My professor did warm-up exercises at the beg

I've always tried to be the best person that i could be. I have always tried to be better then the person i was yesterday and yes we can say we tried, or that we want to, but is it really true? Is it happening? Recently I have been told that I am just being a bitch and this and that and every name in the book you can think of. In reality it's pretty sad because i actually would never intentionally hurt anyone. Being told especially by your family that you are a bitch and always have been fuckin

The blazing hot side of the highway was not what Joanna had pictured when she decided to leave the dull sameness of her small home town known as Serenity in the mountains of West Virginia. She had left in the hopes of finding excitement beyond someone catching a fish as big as their arm in the small stream that the people of Serenity referred to as a river. Of course she hadn’t been entirely sure what she should picture because she had only graduated high school a week ago with no real plans ex

<<Prev  2 of 20    Next>>

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.