Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

Whenever you see someone for the first time, you notice their appearance. Whenever you see them often, you notice that they have scars and when you get to know them you feel their scars. Everyone has a story and they have the scars to prove it. Scars are like a book lying on the surface of a human, ready to be summarized and shown off to the world. The scars I have are invisible, They aren't on display, people don't see what my past did to me and this is where my story begins.

One Saturday, I celebrated a festival with my best friend. Since we had not seen each other for months, she invited me to spend the night with her. I was so excited! I sent a text message to my Mom to let them know that I was not coming back home that day, that I would sleep over at my best friend’s house.
Sadly, it was not okay for my father. He insisted that I spent the night at my brother’s house instead. Of course I disagreed with his idea.
But Dad did not consent. He said it w

"Who am I"? I never knew that , neither was I ever interested in knowing so . Unless and until that noon passed by my life .

The heat of that scorching noon is still piercing my body . All the memories are flashing across my eyes .

I used to sell handicraft works for my family's livelihood . The earning was feeble . As a result we were dwelling in a kind of slum area . The street fights and their terror was a regular routine . We were all so well

This is a true story of my life and the trials and tribulations
I went through to become the person I am today. The story will
also encompass my diabetes, depression, positive thinking, and
the emotional roller coaster I was on for 27 years. The narrative
will outline the steps I have taken to recreate the new person
I am today

I posted my story on One Billion Rising’s web page two weeks ago. To summarize what I said, “My name is Sarah. I am a single mom and I am one in three women who has been raped and abused. I got out of a relationship with a man who yelled at our daughter and hit walls. I have to testify against him at his trial because he waved a knife at me. Our daughter is in temporary foster care because I had severe depression and I was suicidal. You know what? He was not the only man I met like that.”

I've been concerned about my brother for a long time now. He's been in and out of work, needing money all the time. It has been hard on me sending money and mom is stressed out to say the least. Just received the phone call and my brother is an official truck driver. He lives in AZ, I live in WV. Hopefully I'll see him soon.

Becoming a truck driver is a great career choice. You get to see the world, make good money but you spend a lot of time on the road. If your stuck in your life a

Almost an year ago, on my birthday, I wrote a letter to myself, which I was supposed to open on my next birthday. Here it is:
"Hey Kiddo,
Thank you for writing me and sending me positive thoughts :). I am extremely happy that you were able to change your live for the best. You finally managed to pull yourself together and have not only dreamed of a better future, but actually visualized and planned it. The baby steps you took, paid off. You finally started earning really well from wh

This poem is for a peaceful but meaningful protests and movement. To make others notice that our justice system is failing to correctly protect citizens. It's time that we make a change and take a stand for what we believe in. To make sure that our future and future generations will be great and proud to live in a peaceful and righteous nation we call The United States of America.

As summer is coming to an end, I’m realizing this one didn’t feel all that different to me: I went back to my job I spent my summers and other breaks working at while in college, I read all of the books I wanted to during the past school year that I didn’t have time for and then some, and I hung out with friends until ridiculous hours of the morning, narrowly avoiding my parents leaving for work, sneaking in like I did in high school.

The only real difference, this is the first sum

When it comes to fashion, what do you visualize in your head? What is the first thought, first classification that comes in mind? Usually, we think about women. Of course, nearly every women cares what they look like. However, men do not follow with the same confidence. Many men don't care what they look like. Men, your making a mistake. Everyone should care what they look like. Women do, why can't men? Yes, men can be ready in 5 minutes. That is true, so why can't men get dressed, groomed and

<<Prev  2 of 18    Next>>