Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

HOW TO REMOVE UNEMPLOYMENT AND POVERTY?
“THERE IS ONLY ONE MAGIC TO REMOVE POVERTY----HARD WORK,
IRON WILL, CLEAR VISION STRICTEST DISCIPLINE”.
Not an easy task in a country having a population of a billion plus where 40 per cent of the people are below poverty line. It means more than 40crore people are poverty line. The daily income of these hapless people i.e. the income of the earning member of the family is less than a dollar s

I know by now acceptance isnt the easiest to come by nowadays, but I've tried my best to accept it is what it is. I've known since I was little I wasn't the same as most people, I always thought it was a bad thing. But at my young old age, I've come to realize its not a bad thing to be different to be unique. Its a new year im getting older I cant hide anymore. I have good hope for 2014, it has inspired me to be myself before its to late. Even though the judgment will hurt and the days may

I awoke this morning, chilled by the residual sweat of a nightmare…saturated by a deepened fear for your safety; trapped within the confines of a place I’ve long-anticipated on a sub-conscious level that’s only obvious to me now that I’m here. I don’t know how many New Years I’ve spent uneasy over you – over what’s happened to you in your life that’s molded you into someone so hollow – so empty myself, as a result of such emptiness. Today, New Year’s Day 2014, I awoke cursing the succession of

staying strong doesn't always mean you have to fight the battle. True strength is being MATURE enough to walk away from the nonsense with you head held high..
Stay Strong,
Ayla

I don't understand why we always want to improve technology, ourselves, or others.
It takes us over, changes who we are or who we could've become.
What ever happened to chivalry?
Love letter sent by mail?
Oh now I remember, that all went out the window along with our money.

They say quality over quantity but it costs so much who could afford it?
The Government is made up of the minds that only the rich can afford.
Never take into consideration how hard w

Hi there everyone! October 11th. Wow, I cannot believe it's officially been two years since I broke up with that good for nothing sonuvagun! Last year I wrote this article about how I've gotten over him and how I've moved on and found myself. Well this time, I'll be relaying what has happened so far since that post. One year has passed and I'm still single! I don't know whether I should cry or laugh at this statement. Sometimes I try to speculate on what is wrong with me? Why haven't I gotten

I was 2 years old when my birth father remarried. Her name was Melony and i hated her. Everyday she would try to harm me in ways un explained. she gave me a bath one day and dip my head in to get the shampoo off, she pushed my head in farther and farther and held my head under water for what felt like forever. . . and no one believed me about it. She threw stuff at me and pushed into a mirror and it shattered, i had pieces of glass inside my body. She made my life hell, i would go days without

Most people would classify living on your own as renting an apartment or something and working full-time, but I would also consider living in a dorm on a college campus as being “on your own”. In fact, that is one of the things they talk to you about in orientation, in class, and at floor meetings the first few weeks during your freshman year. How “your parents are not here to take care of you” and “you are responsible for getting your work done” or “no one here is going to baby you”. And if yo

Every time that I log on to Facebook, I noticed that people post tons of pictures that make their lives seem so glamorous. I found myself thinking that my life was not as adequate as theirs or did not measure up to their level of adventure. But then I got to realize that their are so many pictures that people do not post on Facebook. These are the photos of the every day humdrum activities that we have to do every day. I spent a few days taking pictures of myself doing these things. Please

“Do you have a boyfriend?” The question makes me cringe every time it’s asked. The only thing worse is the look of judgment that crosses my interrogator’s face when I awkwardly state that I’m single. The words almost seem derogatory and I feel the same sense of shame that I would if I had just dropped an F bomb in a room full of kindergartners.

For the past four years I have answered the same question the same way. Each time with subtle tone variations ranging from indignant to d

<<Prev  2 of 15    Next>>