Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

The eye of the storm is predicted to strike here, in Tampa, after passing through Cuba. It’s August, 2004, and for a year Hurricane Charley will be known as the strongest hurricane since Andrew pounded Florida in 1992. It will last for 6 days, cause 20 fatalities, and $16.3 billion in damages.
I load my cat Sandy and belongings inside my 2 door Mustang, fill up with gas, and head north. It is only twilight and already the sky is devastatingly dark, the highway gridlocked. Everyone

I'm Sha. It'd be nice to know who reads this stuff. I'm kind of curious about everything. Well I'm just a girl who loves to write thoughts down. Fleeting, random thoughts. People used to like my stuff in HS. Lol , how corny do I sound? Like the washed up 40 year old jock who now has a beer belly. I've never really got my full shine on though... Just kinda glistened a little bit.. I wanna shine.

I'm sure there are problems in everyone's life,people are facing worst part of their life but it is better to remember that morning comes after night i would like to share with you a story. Once upon there was girl whose name was nisha she was the daughter of a very famous doctor and a housewife,she had two older brothers she was childish like others she was just perfect,everyone loved her alot but one day she was playing outside and suddenly someone rapped her(i can't tell that how was she rap

Chapter one
I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, 6:30!! I was runnning late, the bus was going to be here any minute! I threw on some random clothes that were laying on my dresser. I ran down stairs as fast as i could with my hairbrush in my hand and my phone in the other. I grabbed the key off the door step when i walked out, perfect timing i thought to myself.

omg!!she is so pretty ....!! is a common lie said by every girl.WE are so selfish! aren't we?.we cant hear good about anyone but can speak bad about anyone at our level best.no matter how much we decline this fact but the truth is that we judge people on the basis of their appearance.We hate people with bad looks and make them feel inferior.none of us is bad at looks that's why Elmo is red and cookie monster is blue and still cute.we all are god gifted and special i

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent,” Eleanor Roosevelt. Have you ever thinked about the situations around the world today, the way you act, the way you talk or how you treat someone? How you can really impact people’s life in a positive or negative way. Words have power. There are words that can either bring life, or beat your heart down, making you feel less than human.
In this quote, it describes very specifically, that no one can make you feel inferior,

Just over a year ago, I was sitting inside a cramped room in a foreign place.
Alone.

Literally, alone. It wasn't the usual my-parents-aren't-home-so-I-can-do-whatever-I-want alone. This time I really COULD do whatever I wanted, and that was what scared me the most.

I bet most of you can relate to the joy and excitement as well as the fears associated with living on your own for the first time. It meant independence. It meant freedom from curfews, and all those other t

As opposed to who, I reassess notions on the what. In my mind, I am a human. A human girl with all the characters of a feeling and emotion filled female.
I am an individual. I stand my own ground in society and I don't hold any nonsensical notions about my purpose. I am an independent being who can support myself if needed and will, on no account, rely on anyone other than myself. I've seen how well that worked out for me!
I am weak. I claim to have the strength of a steel worker but

“The Dark Ages”, or better known as sophomore year of college, due to the flea infested apartment I moved into, subsequent suing from our landlords, and arrest for underage drinking, all while I was nursing my shattered heart from a failed summer relationship. Despite the misfortunes, it was really my dark, negative energy that infested my outlook on life, jailed my optimism, and kept my heart jagged and jaded.

Finally, after wandering lamely in the darkness, desperately groping f

“Riiiiing!!!!!” the dismissal bell cries out. I go to the back door of the school to wait for my sister for five minutes. After she got there, we started to walk, but as we walked, people started saying “hi” and “bye” to the teacher. Twenty minutes later, we were more than half way from our house, until suddenly my sister looks at me and said, “Look Oscar, that blind man is trying to cross the street vroom!!!!” Cars were passing us like racing cars, and I looked back to my sister and asked, “Sh

<<Prev  2 of 19    Next>>