Where do we go after the Newtown school shooting?

rrocconi
Where do we go from the Newtown shooting is a question that is on a lot of Americans minds now a days. The Newtown shooting was shocking to many people world wide, and the question people always wonder is why. Within the past couple of years there has been many shootings at public places such as schools, movie theaters and college campuses to name a few. No parent, family member, or anyone should have to worry about sending their kid to school not knowing if they will be safe. Schools are supposed to be a “safe” environment for kids to go to. I believe that the Newtown shooting raised alertness on the issues of gun laws and what we should do to fix the problem.
Many people have proposed a lot of different ways to prevent or stop gun violence. Some ways include giving everyone the right to own a gun, or having every teacher in a school carry a gun on them. I believe that we do not need to pass out more guns to people, but simply control the amount of guns that people can posses. In order to do that, we need to regulate the gun control but preventing people who are not mentally stable to own a gun. It is very easy in America to access a gun. A gun is something very serious and extremely dangerous that should not be given to anyone. I believe that in order to fix gun violence, before getting a gun license, people should be required to take an evaluation test a few times a year. There needs to be more control on who and who cannot own a gun. I also believe that they need to outlaw many guns such as rifles. There is no need to get a mass destruction gun, this is only going to be used for harm and there is no need for it.
Gun laws is a hard situation to agree on because no matter what people will never come to an agreement on what should be done. After the Newtown shooting people need to understand that something needs to be done in order to stop all this gun violence. People of all ages get killed everyday from a gun shooting. It is a problem that needs to be stop and controlled. Lets hope that we can solve this issue and overcome the fear many Americans now have after the Newtown shooting.

StageofLife.com national writing contests

Writing ContestsWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Enter writing contest

Summer 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "How has YouTube impacted our lives?"  At the end of your essay, submit the link to your favorite YouTube video too!

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  SWAG package from StageofLife.com along with gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  We also have the support from professionally published authors who donate autographed copies of their books or novels.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p