Interview Crimes

Kryxny
Its okay to admit you need help when it comes to successfully selling yourself during the interview process.Many people are afraid or ashamed to admit they need help.Just because you got the interview doesn't mean you know how to properly conduct yourself to land the job.I have seen many a horrendous faux pas waiting my turn for an interview;and Gi-rrendous faux pas during group interviews.In the past I have been guilty of committing an interview crime or seven.The road to redemption begins with admitting you have a problem and finding solutions.Increasing your chances of getting that position,whilst becoming savvy and the potential demolition to every other candidate competing for that job you deserve.

Interview Dont you effin dare:

Get excited while waiting to be interviewed because you see your friend across the room and scream:

"WHAT UP ??? HOW YOU DOING??? YOU INTERVIEWING FOR THIS JOB? ME TOO!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!" TELL YOUR MOM I SAID HI!!!

Showing up to the interview with a piece of paper folded into a cube and telling your prospective employer:
"My bad,what had happened was...my computer crashed and I went to the Library and Gmail gave that to me,its a copy of my resume."
Then unfold the paper that looks like something you picked up from the side of the Belt parkway and it says GMAIL in the corner with a message box that says:

~I had 2 jobs before
~I can be supervisor one day

Qucik Tips:
Now although your ambition is admirable this is not the way to impress or convince that person you are the number one candidate to fill their open position.If you were a computer the resume would be the mouse.Its how you navigate.Its your guide for making points,selecting what to talk about and has everything you need to successfully answer almost any question your interviewer throws at you.It should be free of creases,crumples,smudges,or markings of any kind.It is a crucial part of your overall presentation.You should always bring extra copies with you,including one for yourself. Many people don't know how to write an effective resume,there is no need to be ashamed to admit this.If you need help there are places that offer free resume workshops all year round.You are sure to find one that is convenient for your schedule,such as the Library.

StageofLife.com national writing contests

Writing ContestsWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Enter writing contest

Summer 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "How has YouTube impacted our lives?"  At the end of your essay, submit the link to your favorite YouTube video too!

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  SWAG package from StageofLife.com along with gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  We also have the support from professionally published authors who donate autographed copies of their books or novels.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p