Cricket is an engaging sport

AlanR
It is a fact that sport is among the favored passions of lots of individuals all over the globe. Sport takes varied formats dependent upon the region, like rugby in the UK, Baseball in the USA through to Cricket throughout the world. It is fair to say that for the majority of people, sport in some shape of form offers not only a form of exercise but also entertainment.

As a matter of fact cricket is one of the most played sports and is a game that is adored by millions across the world. The game necessitates two participating teams who each take it in turns to bat and also field. The target of the pursuit in simplistic terms is actually for the batting team to get as many runs as practical against the group which is fielding and bowling. Among the fundamental elements of any game of cricket is undoubtedly the cricket bat which is typically constructed with a cane handle and a willow body or blade as it is also known as.

The cricket bat has definitely evolved immeasurably in recent years due partly to the advancements in fabricating innovation and enhanced understanding of the materials used. The bat is produced using a wood block that is generally willow wood and the handle itself is actually usually cane that is spliced into the primary block in a manner to offer a spring feature to the design for additional strength and resilience. The handle then has a rubber grip deposited onto it. The bat is then coated with linseed oil to offer protection to the bat, whilst the preference of willow wood is especially thanks to its robustness and capability to resist shocks. The cricket bat itself needs to be no greater than 38 inches in length and no more than 4.25 inches in width and possesses shoulders, which are the edges which are closest to the handle and a toe that is the bottom of the blade or bat.

There are a variety of manufacturers who construct cricket bats with names like Gray Nichols, Gunne and Moore as well as Kookaburra Cricket Bats, on offer to name but a few. The selection of cricket bat is a crucial factor and it is a fact that cricket bats are undoubtedly now available in differing styles, sizes and weights, all of which need to be considered to guarantee the most suitable accoutrement for the individual sportsperson.

StageofLife.com national writing contests

Writing ContestsWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Enter writing contest

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  SWAG package from StageofLife.com along with gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  We also have the support from professionally published authors who donate autographed copies of their books or novels.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p