Common Logic and the Future: A New Found Hope for 2013

jhoff713
Throughout history the human race has always been ignorant to their own level of understanding, just look at past civilizations. It seems the most intelligent people of an era were the least noted and seldom followed. Many great writers, poets, and introspective thinkers were not understood or appreciated until long after their time on Earth ended. Using common logic, we can safely assume there are many people theorizing, at this very moment, concepts outside of our current realm of thought. They say true stupidity is not learning from our mistakes, so let’s say for a moment that human beings are a type of synapses and together we form a great mind that can achieve much more than the individual alone. As a whole, let us learn from our past in order to create a greater future. Let us search and find a higher level of understanding now instead of later. If we are sure it is out there, the only dilemma we have is finding and implementing it.
Therefore, what is stopping us? Are we just a child tripping on his untied shoe laces yet to understand why he is walking at all? Let us come together to form a great mind. What are we, as a whole, more than the very mind of God? This mind we have created has more contradictions, paranoia, split personalities, and anxiety than that which can inhabit any one human mind. Are we truly going down a road to more intellect or a road to more destruction? Has the sanity of this mind left long ago? Who is to say the state of this mind wasn’t better off without this cancerous brain tumor that is the human pursuit of knowledge and advancement?
What I would like to see out of 2013 is a realization that the world is not as it seems, and with common logic we can all realize our true purpose on this planet, which we so selfishly named our own. Look to the outcast. Look to the insane. Look to those who do not seem to operate on our level of thought, for they may be the prophets, the innovators, and the profound thinkers of the next generation. If we are truly to commit to the preservation and innovation of our species that our conscious level innately subscribes to, then let us do it with brute force and a fire in our eyes. To expound upon the current; because at the end of the day all we have as human beings is the ability to become a part of mankind’s brain that actually alters its direction of thought. Let us, in 2013, enter into a new age; an age of enlightenment; an age of understanding. The coming era is here; all we need do is reach out our fearful hands and take hold of what is already ours.

Enter National Writing ContestWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Writing Competitions for All Ages

October 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "What's Your Scar Story?"

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  Gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p