Power of God...

jaspersilence
My girlfriend and I drove from Ohio to Minnesota to visit her parents in December of 2010.Her dad was having heart surgery,and we were there for three days.When we started heading back to Ohio,it was about 6;30pm.We stopped somewhere for dinner,and coffee.After we were prepared for the long drive,we got in the car and I turned the key...Nothing.I tried again,and it turned over a little,but didn't start.
Niether of us knew anything about fixing cars,so we decided to try to jump-start the battery.I looked around for someone in the parking lot to see if they could help.When a car pulled into the restaurant,I started walking over to it to ask,but my girlfriend insisted I don't bother anyone coming,but ask someone leaving.As soon as I turned away,I saw two women walking.I approached,and asked if they could jump us.they said they were going in to eat,but they had no problem lending a hand first.
The women were very nice,and drove their car to where we were parked.It happened to be the same model car.We chatted with them as the battery charged for 10minutes.I again attempted to start it,but no luck.One of them had A.A.A,and called for a towtruck.The Idea was to tow it to a mechanic shop that was open on sunday,get a hotel room nearby,and stay another night.Get the car fixed the next day,and drive home.We had very little money,so we asked the women if they knew of any cheap car shops.It just so happened they were from out of state as well.
They went inside,but first told us to come get them when the tow came.Me and Candace(my girlfriend)waited 20minutes in the cold before the tow arrived.The entire time we prayed.I asked God to please take control of the situation,but little did I know...He already did.The women were still inside,and I didn't want to bother them.As I walked toward the door,to my relief,they were walking out.The tow driver told us of a place 2 doors down that might be open.I ran through the snow to the location,but it was closed.
As I was about to head back,a light caught my eye behind me.It was a window on an overhead door.Something told me to go check it out,so I did.I looked in the window,and it was an auto shop with one guy working.I knocked on the door.The man who answered looked like he was straight out of prison...Blue jumpsuit and all.He turned out to be very nice,and said he would walk over to look at the car.
When I returned to our vehicle,the tow driver,and Candace had figured out the problem.It was a corroded battery cable.The tow driver didn't have the tools to fix it,but at that time the man from the auto shop,(Don)arrived.He said that he could fix it,and to meet him back at the shop.He got the car started temporarily,we said our thank you to the women,and drove over.
Don fixed the cable and denied what little money we tried to give him.After a short conversation,I learned, Don happened to be working late that night to catch up.He asked if I had a cell phone.I started checking my pockets,but I couldn't find it.He asked me"is this it?"In his hand was my phone.It had dropped out of my pocket while I was running back to the parking lot.We again said our thank you,and we were on the road.This all took about an hour and 45minutes.
Now for the breakdown...For starters,I am not usually a patient man,but for Candace's sake,I remained calm.Every person that was brought into our lives that night,could not have been more polite,caring,and eager to help.If Candace wouldn't have stopped me from asking the first person I saw for help,we would have missed the two women walking.It was them who had the A.A.A.it was the A.A.A tow driver who figured out the problem,and pointed me in the direction of Don.It was Don who happened to be working late for me to notice the light on.Also,Don walked the same path I did,to find my phone.Hardly any time was lost,and we didn't pay a dime.Even the fact of me not wanting to bother the women as they ate,and they happened to be walking out as soon as the tow arrived.
If we stop trying to control every moment of our lives,and let God take the wheel...He will,for sure lead us to where we need to be.In return,we will be witnesses,to the awesome power God can bring,and our faith will grow stronger.With faith will come a snowball effect of wonderous encounters,to share with others.They will take the time to pray,and become witnesses,and so on,and so on...Thank you for taking the time to read this.I hope it spreads inspiration to all;

Enter National Writing ContestWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Writing Competitions for All Ages

November 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, share a food memory.  Tell us a personal story about a favorite food memory with your family, traditions built around food, a memorable experience from a restaurant, or other memorable moment centered around food.

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  Gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p