Be the Change: I'm Doing Me

Rosie_Frank2
Throughout my entire existence I have put others before myself and considered their wants and needs over my own. It didn’t matter how I felt about anything, as long as everyone else around me was happy, then I was happy. It is my senior year now and I’m going to be an adult soon and it is time I started thinking about what I want in life, and not just about what others want. In the year 2013 I’m going to start my year by thinking of myself and really deciding on what I want out of life no matter what others say.
Nothing is going to stop me
now that I’m not afraid to say no to people and stand up for what I want. I plan to choose what I want to do, even if it means making others angry or upset. I am the one who has to live with the choices I make so it shouldn’t matter what others think. I want to further my education and work my hardest on getting where I want to be in life. No one is going to change my mind on anything, whether it be the college to attend or the subject I want to major in. I am going to attend Fort Scott Community College and I am going to major in psychology and nothing that anybody says is going to change my mind. If I decided that once I get there it is not the place for me or that I have found new interests, then I will decide what to do, but it is no one else’s choice but my own. In order for me to accomplish this goal I will need to be completely honest with everyone about my feelings and views on certain things. I cannot just avoid talking about it and hope it goes away, because problems will always come back if they are not taken care of. I am going to make sure to get my point across even if it means upsetting people.
This year I haven’t been as straight forward on what I want in life, but my resolution is going to change that. I am going to be sure to do what I want and not worry about any other opinions. The past is in the past and my plan is to make the future brighter for myself and for once not revolve it around what others want.

StageofLife.com national writing contests

Writing ContestsWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Enter writing contest

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  SWAG package from StageofLife.com along with gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  We also have the support from professionally published authors who donate autographed copies of their books or novels.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p