Be The Change: What Needs to be Done to Change Our World

cvorel16
In 2013, many things must be accomplished in order to change to the world we live in today. We need to change the general mindset of our population, of all levels of our society. Day in and day out we are accustomed to a the same routine which prevents us from actually interacting with the world and others in a positive manner. We are continuously forced to do the same things over and over again, suppressing any free thinking in order to make world around us a better place.
    You always here people questioning the why some people do this and why they don’t do this. Our daily lives are set in stone, preventing us from having the opportunity to change and make our personal lives better as well as the world around us. For example, from 8AM to 2:30PM you are in school, after school for at least 3 hours you are either doing homework or studying. Where is the time for free expression, thought, and time to work towards other things.  We don’t have the time in the day to give attention to little things that would make the world around us a better place. Even though we don’t have the time, we are often criticized which adds to a continuos cycle of negativity.
    In order to change our world and make 2013 better we must break the routine. Doing this will initially give us more time to think about ourselves and our actions. How we can change ourselves if we are always working or always studying or always on the go? We need more personal time to reflect on our actions. By doing this we can change the world in 2013 for the better. It won’t happen overnight, but more focus in our society on interactions between others and less focus on the daily grind of work or school will go a long way. This may help improve relationships with your family, friends, and coworkers. This will all lead to a chain reaction and improve our society. Our emotional health is based off our interactions with others. We rely on others to get through the hardships in life. We all need to take a moment to stand back and decide the right path to make the world in 2013 a better place. It won’t happen by sitting in a desk all day writing notes or going to meeting after meeting. If we can accomplish this we will see gradual improvements to the point where our society will change for the better. In the end, improving our relationships with others, even if just spending an extra hour a day with someone, will help everyone and make 2013 a better year for the whole world.

StageofLife.com national writing contests

Writing ContestsWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Enter writing contest

Summer 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "How has YouTube impacted our lives?"  At the end of your essay, submit the link to your favorite YouTube video too!

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  SWAG package from StageofLife.com along with gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  We also have the support from professionally published authors who donate autographed copies of their books or novels.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p