Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

This is a continuation story which I wrote for the university publication. The story is about the a girl who lost his brother which i emphasized in the part 1 of this story. It tells about the situation in the country that touches the life of a Filipino.

People flocked to the nearest convenience. One man smiled his breath steaming in the morning air. As he walked past me he murmured luck like sweet nothings to the small paper in his hands. As if singing a lullaby to a small child. Soothing it. I catch some of the lyrics of his song as Walks Past "you're the winner I can feel it" I stared at him entranced by his lullaby he stared at me with eyes like steel quickly pulling the paper closer to his person as if fearing I will pluck the paper from h

"How bad?"

I asked myself amidst the warm breeze of a Friday afternoon last summer during our Ecology Camp for Philosophy 101. It was a foolish attempt knowing that the answer radiates from the severe heat accompanied by the air-murdering stains of smog that day. As our guest speaker played an informative video about the present shape of our planet, suddenly the answer became clearer. Our mother planet wasn't in a bad condition—she's dying!

On the video were various motio

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo

Live in Indonesia where freedom of speech is legal is a good idea. Governments, private companies and individual. But even legal, if done in the wrong way or too far from the customs of the society, there are consequences.

Freedom of speech is necessary for people to channel their aspirations as a whole and not under pressure from any party. Freedom of speech in Indonesia was limited even not allowed in the "Orde Baru" or "New Order"

At that time the authoritarian leadersh

A time I was very stressed was trying out for my AAU team. well I play basketball and I didn't have a team to play with this summer so I got told by a few people to play for a certain team and that I had to contact them to get a time to tryout. I ended up going but I didn't know any kids on the team but two I had played a few kids on the team over he summer before. but when I got there I was so nervous I had no clue I would end up being the leading scorer averaging 25 points a game. my palms we

I have the freedom to speak my mind.
I have the freedom to write what I want.
I have the freedom to talk about the world.
I have the freedom to talk about the government.
I have the freedom to talk about the president.

I have the freedom to talk about my life.
I have the freedom to talk about my dreams.
I have the freedom to talk about what is bad.
I have the freedom to talk about what is good.
I have the freedom to talk about what I like.

Vacations are a big part of anybody’s life, and I know that they have shaped and defined much of my character. A vacation’s purpose is to relax one’s mind and body, as well as learn and educate oneself through visiting and experiencing. However, the quality of any vacation is not only determined by the place and experiences, but also by the attitude that one approaches the vacation with.

As a child, having somewhat fortunate parents, I traveled regularly and got to visit many loca

Family vacation gives every individual much needed break from their boring and monotonous life..It brings the family together and gives everyone the much needed time to spent with each other and bring back the long forgotten journey, down the memory lane of the previous vacation.
well,last year I had a chance to visit Delhi with my family. The trip was no doubt great and we enjoyed a lot. Apart from visiting many places like India Gate, Red fort, Qutab Minar and many other places,we als

As a wise friend of mine once said, “You need to start thinking about your child’s education the moment he or she is born.” This statement is very true especially if you decide to give your kid private education, which, as we all know, is much more expensive than the public one. The question many parents ask these days is: what schools are better - public or private? At the first thought, most people would say: “Private, of course.” But is it really so? Let’s try to figure out by looking at the

<<Prev  2 of 36    Next>>