Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

When I graduated high school, my brother hired me to manage customer service for his app Hours. Although the app was designed to help freelancers track their billable time, our customers found unbelievably creative ways to use its simple time tracking interface, from tracking breastfeeding schedules to exercise routines. My favorite part of the job was receiving emails in which our customers gushed about how Hours was helping them to change habits and get more out of their time.

According to the survey there are almost 1.3million app available for downloading..There are app including from Map to Candy crush game,from Opera mini to Antivirus app..All the mobile app has made our life more easy and comfortable.
Mobile app like Watsapp and Line helps us to connect to one other in various part of the country. Same way app like Opera mini and User browser helps us in collecting information about anything.
Opera mini app has been very useful for me..Be it

Historically speaking, brunch has gone through three phases— it began in Britain as a privilege for the wealthy, moved to the US as a way for Hollywood stars to eat glamorously after early morning plane rides in the 1930’s, and was known as the “varsity” meal for its association with hung-over college students. All of this is according to sociologist Farha Ternikar, author of Brunch: A History.

However, the most contemporary form of brunch is a glamorized social gathering, a midday m

Distance has a way of defining people. It can restrict the accumulation of new experiences and perspectives, and at the same time it can cause one to realize how fortunate they are with what they have. To many, distance from a loved one translates to travel, Skype or frequent texts and phone calls. But it’s not hard to realize that there’s nothing like experiencing something or someone first hand.

A NYC girl myself, I was both excited and nervous to hear that my best friend Jenna had

Freshman college year for many of us was a shot at a new start. I for one wanted to improve for the better: become more organized, less stressed, more accomplished, the usual. I bought a whole slew of objects to achieve this end, like desk planners, sticky wall calendars, dry erase boards, and a lot of sticky notes.
But as distracting as I believed cell phones were, I secretly subscribed to the idea that mobile devices and other technologies were… efficient. Yes, my parents should never

You know someone is intelligent when their presence intimidates you. And, boy did Professor Kim Cameron-Dominguez scare the crap out of me! I remember my first time seeing her, adorning her customary pair of four-inch, high-heeled shoes, she was walking up the three flights of stairs to her office. Most people would have just took the elevator, especially in those shoes, but Kim Cam is too good for that. Another time she was giving a speech, her style and diction had my eardrums following

In high school, I signed up to be a volunteer tutor for the non-English speaking staff in my community. Bertha, an old lovely lady with a black Aramark apron, was my English student for the term. At first, I thought it was slightly odd to teach someone who was much older than my own mother. Regardless, I started with a basic, “Hi, where are you from?”

She replied, “I am originally from Mexico.”

“Describe your hometown for me.”

She could not explain her hometow

Ms Sonia Álvarez, was our history teacher for 3 years and our form teacher for 2 years, and because of that I realize that she is my favourite teacher because I shared lots of good moments with her that I will never forget.

Ms Álvarez, is very affectionate with me and with my classmates, she is always asking us if we are okey, if we studied well the exam and if we had a problem she would try to help us by making us forget any problem and keep going on.

Her classes were ve

A teacher can be compared to a diver. Just as a diver dives deep into the ocean and takes out precious jewels from the ocean, similarly a good teacher is the one who can extract the best out of his students and can channelize their potential. With no second thoughts in mind, I can say that Mr. C.J. Dueman is my favourite teacher. In today’s materialistic world such a noble profession as teaching has become a bussiness for most of the people but this does not stands true in case of Mr. Dueman. H

Yes, you heard me. How to take over the world. The confusion and the sense of “is this person crazy” I imagine you are feeling is the same as mine when I was a freshman at Cass Technical High School. I miss one day of school with my new English Language Arts teacher, and come back to learn our goal of global domination. A goal that makes it seem like we were being taught to be evil masterminds. However, it was more a philosophy that instilled in my class that we are the current innovator

<<Prev  2 of 35    Next>>

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.