Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

Dear University of Tampa Board: Lets Get Fit

New dietary restrictions in the setting of a learning institution have become a growing trend across the nation. Through the effort of limiting sugary foods and drinks in the school setting this is working towards lowering the childhood obesity rate in America. Young children are not the only victims to the harm of weight gain. The “Freshman Fifteen”, a reference to when average college Freshman gains fifteen or more pounds in their first

Dear President Obama, 1/28/14
The issue of gun control in the United States has been on the rise for the past few years. From shootings in movie theaters to high schools, it seems too easy for people on the streets to get a lethal weapon.
Many years ago the largest shooting in the United States was the Columbine High School shooting. This was a freak incident that was widely seen as a tragedy. It took years for another large shooting to happen at Virginia Tech. T

Dear Junie B. Jones,

You probably don’t know this, because you will fictionally remain 6-years-old forever, but growing up is like eating hot Cheetos. From a distance, it looks like it will be super fun and filled with sunglasses-wearing cheetahs, but in reality, it gives you indigestion and makes your mouth dry. Also, there aren’t very many cheetahs, which is probably the most unfortunate development of adolescence behind braces and chin hair.

I know you are terrified of

Dear Mr. Hiddleston,
My name is Ciara and I'm a genuine fan of yours. You inspire me to do better in my professional life and my personal life. You're probaly best known as playing Loki but your other works are inspiring, too. I may not aspire to become an actress, but your zest for life has given me the courage to "take the bull by the horns" and jump into life without worry of failure. With that being said, my fears for 2014 is not being good enough in whatever I love to do and being a

Dear Dan,

You have been the focus of my world for the past two years. My high school sweetheart. This year, however, I need to try to remember who I am without you. Somewhere along the way, the independence I prided myself upon through most of my life has diminished and I'm afraid I've lost the fiery passion I felt towards other aspects of my life, and substituted them with my passion for you. I used to run everyday, up to 6 miles. Now I run every 2 weeks, maybe half that dist

I have never been so happy for a semester of school to be over in my entire life.

A week ago, one of my roommates and I went to campus at a chilly 7:30 in the morning. She had a final exam at 8:00, and it was the same time that I could hand in two of my biggest finals in my college career. We tried to get breakfast, but we were just two balls of nerves so neither of us could eat much. I had about three bites of Fruity Pebbles and she had two bites of toast. She had an actual exam to

Civility- formal politeness and courtesy in behavior or speech. That is the usual definition you would find in a dictionary. However, not many people search for it because the meaning of it has been lost over time. Civility, manners and etiquette have disappeared from the present world and some chivalrous knights are fighting to get it back but the world has too many villains that are fighting back to completely destroy it. Civility is being lost nowadays due to technology, lack of manners at h

Pursuing a career in business can be a wonderful option if you’re interested in the business field. The global market is expanding, and this opens opportunities for international business jobs come into play.
Fastest Growing Jobs for Business Majors
Taking a degree in business can offer you a variety of employment opportunities and room for advancing your career. The following are the top 10 paying international business jobs listed by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS):

“Stuffing” Ourselves

In this day and age “stuff” seems to be very important and plays a major roll on our lives. Weather your buying the new Iphone, or that new laptop it is drilled into our heads that we need it.
“Stuffing” ourselves, or contributing to the idea of rapid consumption, not only neglects our environment but it also affects peoples lives.
According to Victor Lebow, an economist and retail analyst, “Our enormously productive economy

“Education is not preparation for life. Education is life itself.” Education is more than “learning”; it also contributes to your attributes. Education is the gateway to success. A young lady who is versatile, affable, and credible should be allowed to captivate you with what she’s learned. As we all know education is important in our lives. The right education helps us differentiate between what is wrong and what is right. Education is my life and is also the power to be successful. I find mys

<<Prev  2 of 30    Next>>