Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

Today, as I carefully traversed a long icy bridge spanning the Mississippi River, I couldn't help but smile. Not an ear to ear grin nor a subtle smirk, it was the type of smile reserved for oneself. As I shifted my gaze beyond the motionless frozen river below, the familiar sight of slowely rising steam between the skyscrapers gathered my focus. There was a comfort in watching the steam float lazily skyward as it weaved through the buildings. Down streets like 1st Avenue and over landmarks like

My son’s in his first year of high school right now and it’s actually been a really tough year for him, and for all of us. In elementary school he was such a happy student. But in Grade 7 something happened. I don’t know if there were some lessons that he didn’t understand or if it had to do with something else. All I know is that around that time, it was clear that my son wasn’t enjoying school like he had before.

He began coming home with frustration all of over his face and b

I am a orangish red color leaf blowing around in the wind. As the other leaves dance in the cool September

Breeze.i lightly soar above the trees that are changing color and go where ever the wind takes me.

The season fall is a big change for me. I go from the brown color from winter to the warm coolers for fall.

Being a leaf is quite simple I float around in the sky looking at everything in the world taking a careful detail of

It , because when wint

"There’s no talent for effort," I heard repeating in my head as my feet continued to pound upon the treadmill with a ferocity previously inconceivable to me. His words ran through my head as I surpassed three miles. "Not Bad," I thought as I continued to run, now slightly panting but still in control. I cannot explain the feeling, the almost contradictory sensation of adrenaline and urgency mixed with calm washing over me as I run. I listen to music and think about my day, think about my

dear robin sharma,
i owe you so many thanks for your infinite wisdom that reaches me through your books. i want to follow my dream passionately does n't matter how much difficult it is to walk down that road. i want to experience extremes, failures, success, fall down, get up,walk,cry,laugh,lose,get while following my dream. i want to fight and protect my dream from all those negative thoughts-you can't do this, it's not your cup of tea, people like you can never achieve i

Why does it have to cost so much money to attend? It is not fair that I should have to spend so much money or borrow so much money just because I would like to further my education. I am assuming your presidents and other faculty also went to university so they should all also be aware of how much of a setback it is to have to spend all of their and their parents’ money on something that should really be free. I understand that there are technical schools and vocational schools that are cheaper

Dear World:
What is money? We all see it as this thing that literally controls our world and society. I mean think about it, the human society revolves our entire lives around paper. Don’t you find that ridiculous? A piece of paper (or a few pieces, to say the least) can make or break who you are, how you live, who you want to be/become.etc. Personally, I find that absurd. I believe that people are becoming programmed to believe the only way to be happy is if you are rich. Do not get me wr

Now and then I turn on the news and hear about a drunk driving car accident. Often times resulting in death. I always ask myself “oh my gosh why do people drink and drive?” Maybe this is why I don’t hangout with people that party every weekend because I don’t want to be put in that situation. Too many people don’t know their limits and should not be driving after drinking.
It wasn’t until recently that I turned on the news and found out that a girl from my high school pasted away due to

Dear University of Tampa Board: Lets Get Fit

New dietary restrictions in the setting of a learning institution have become a growing trend across the nation. Through the effort of limiting sugary foods and drinks in the school setting this is working towards lowering the childhood obesity rate in America. Young children are not the only victims to the harm of weight gain. The “Freshman Fifteen”, a reference to when average college Freshman gains fifteen or more pounds in their first

Dear President Obama, 1/28/14
The issue of gun control in the United States has been on the rise for the past few years. From shootings in movie theaters to high schools, it seems too easy for people on the streets to get a lethal weapon.
Many years ago the largest shooting in the United States was the Columbine High School shooting. This was a freak incident that was widely seen as a tragedy. It took years for another large shooting to happen at Virginia Tech. T

<<Prev  2 of 31    Next>>