Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

Kindergarten: Reading is my best subject. Our teacher reads Junie B. Jones to us everyday. I like to write in my journal about my vacation to Colorado and my Halloween costume. I'm debating between dressing as Laura Ingalls or Ginny Weasley.

First Grade: I read Nancy Drew books because my mom used to. A girl on the playground says they're too hard for me, but I prove her wrong.

Second Grade: I'm obsessed with Accelerated Reader, a program at our school where you earn poi

Jealousy. Bragging. Excitement. Habit. They all have one
thing in common. They are the reasons why Generation Y is so
obsessed with social media. The average person checks their
phone every six minutes for goodness sake. I won’t deny that
I just looked at my phone — not from a notification, just to
look. Maybe it’s F.O.M.O., maybe we are addicted. Either way
(or if we’ve fallen victim to both) something needs to change.
We only have five more minut

YouTube has impacted the world in more ways than one, rather than be in the realm of the LGBTQ+ community, raising awareness for a cause or just making someone laugh. YouTube has defiantly made a difference in the lives of whole communities and individuals.

My ninth grade of high school was when I first began using YouTube, at first to upload lyrics videos of my favorite songs, and then I came across a YouTuber by the name of Philip DeFranco. DeFranco’s videos were and continue to be

In high school and even my first year of college not every teach or professor taught in a way that I learned something quickly. Sometimes I would turn to YouTube to learn something that I may not have fully grasped in the classroom. All through out my years in school I was more of a hands on learner than if someone was to just explain something to me and expect me to have full understanding. When a teacher played a video or physically showed me I could learn quickly and have a handle on things.

When I was younger, my grandmother told me stories of The Greats. Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Mother Theresa – people who changed the world by changing themselves. I told myself then – I wanted to change the world. I just didn’t know how.

When I was eleven, I read a poem by Maya Angelou. Then I realised, that words could change the world. Words could make a difference. Words hurt but words worked.

In my time here, I’ve learnt how to love others with my words.

Colleagues, teachers, and family: Thank you for being here to witness this ceremony as we, the class of 2015, move on to the next phase in our lives.
High school has been preparing us for this day for four years now and the time has finally come to sink our teeth into the adult world. These past years have taught us, among many other things, to communicate with others, to work hard to reach a goal, and, overall, they have taught us the value of knowledge. It has provided us with insight

GRADUATION

Graduation is the action of receiving or conferring an academic degree or the ceremony that is sometimes associated, where students become graduates. Before the graduation, candidates are referred to as graduands. The date of graduation is often called graduation day. The graduation itself is also called commencement, convocation or invocation, though in some cases inaccurately.[1] In the United States and Canada, the

The jaded side of my nineteen-year-old psyche is particularly off put by graduation ceremonies, which seem to be little more than an easy way for a university to squeeze a few more dollars from debt-saddled graduates by selling them static-filled polyester robes and mortarboard caps.

Ridiculously dressed thus, these graduates are then sent into a lifelong battle with the “real world,” shielded only by flimsy—albeit costly—pieces of paper inside cardboard frames.

Over the

As this semester wraps up and I've taken my final major requirements, I've found myself being very reflective and nostalgic about the professors I've had. Today was the last day of classes and our senior seminar professors sent us of with a discussion about graduate school They shared their personal experiences and answered many of our questions and curiosities about life as a graduate student. Both professors have a love for education that I admire. As they answered my questions today I looked

Steven Deulus
Period 4
4-29-14
Teenagers in Love
I woke up one morning hearing my mom call to everybody in the house. She said, “everybody wake up we are going to Santa Cruz.” I asked my mom if my friend can come to Santa Cruz with us and she said yes. I called up Louy to tell him to get up and get ready. We got all ready and we were on the go. The drive was not too bad, but once we got there it was worth it.
It was a bright and sunny day, the birds chirping and k

<<Prev  2 of 32    Next>>