Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

At a young age, my parents influenced me to keep my mind open to trying new things. I learned that most of the food to try will almost certainly taste good. My grandmother was born in Spain, and my mother was raised in Washington DC. My father lived in Puerto Rico for a portion of his childhood, although his parents were from Italy. With a diversity of cultures affecting my life, I was exposed to a variety of culture foods.
My grandmother is very old now, but I remember what she used to

Food For Thought: GMO’s Across America
Food is an essential to everyday life for everyone. It comes in various ways and can be consumed in thousands of different ways. In contrast, not everyone knows exactly what they are eating. Labels are deceiving and reflect a false perception on food we eat each day.
Genetically modified foods are being seen all over the country. It is becoming an epidemic yet millions are completely unware they even exist. They are not natural and can even be

Hello everyone my name is Tashana Allen. I am 19 years old. I enjoy writing poetry. I think I express myself best through what I write. I would definitely say poetry is everything to me. I also enjoy playing soccer, traveling and helping others ( especially elders) as a little girl growing up I had a special bond with my grandmother and I believe there is so much she has done for me that I can never repay her for so I feel content whenever I help an old person. I grew up in a suburban communi

I remember getting excited from receiving mail, but not just any mail. I received invitations to go to pageant contests, to go to my country’s capital or other countries like China and Germany for youth conferences or cultural immersion opportunities, to participate in things that I couldn’t even imagine participating in. But, because money was tight in my household, these opportunities were disregarded.

I understood how difficult it was for my parents to deny me this kind of exposur

One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this.
~ Miguel de Cervantes

Sixth grade. Lunch time. A bunch of sophomoric adolescents huddled together at a lunch table, about to begin a game of Bloody Knuckles. A quarter is spun, and a player is supposed to scoop the spinning quarter between two fingers. If the player fails to catch the quarter, then he must place his knuckles

I always had a loveless life and it was fine too, as I sailed through life doing the bare minimum. That was of course until we were transferred to a remote town in the country. I took it pretty well.These were petty scars and wounds that I could lick by myself.Then came the bulling with no visible scars but internally it was tearing me apart.We had CC cameras in school recording it too but it was all useless because nobody really cares about hurt people until the wounds are fatal or the victims

It was well thought out & discussed, planned, even negotiated. I was getting a new hairdoo & I could hardly wait. The process began like most, with intense research. Research that included internet searches, watching television shows, & finally cutting out photos in magazines to present to my new stylist.

I felt crazy about changing my look, thinking a new cut would promote change that included weight loss, a new direction, style, sophistication & really turn heads. Out with the ol

If for some reason you decided to shadow a fifteen-year-old Walter Guillory II, you would grow accustomed to the groans from a high school junior forced to muster the strength roll out of bed at 6:00 in the morning, five days each week. I detested high school. My classmates, an inappropriately exuberant and loquacious bunch, probably thought me strange ever since I joined the high school the previous year. Admittedly, my social skills were less than extraordinary, likely due to my six years' ho

On the last day of my Ethics class junior year, my teacher made everybody say something nice about somebody else. I was never one of the “popular” kids in grade school, and while we do not really have that kind of thing at my high school and I have become much more outgoing, I am still a little reserved. Regardless, I did not expect many comments from my peers, maybe one. But to my surprise, I got three.
The first was a surprise, as it came from somebody I do not really talk to that mu

Kindergarten: Reading is my best subject. Our teacher reads Junie B. Jones to us everyday. I like to write in my journal about my vacation to Colorado and my Halloween costume. I'm debating between dressing as Laura Ingalls or Ginny Weasley.

First Grade: I read Nancy Drew books because my mom used to. A girl on the playground says they're too hard for me, but I prove her wrong.

Second Grade: I'm obsessed with Accelerated Reader, a program at our school where you earn poi

<<Prev  2 of 33    Next>>