Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

GRADUATION

Graduation is the action of receiving or conferring an academic degree or the ceremony that is sometimes associated, where students become graduates. Before the graduation, candidates are referred to as graduands. The date of graduation is often called graduation day. The graduation itself is also called commencement, convocation or invocation, though in some cases inaccurately.[1] In the United States and Canada, the

The jaded side of my nineteen-year-old psyche is particularly off put by graduation ceremonies, which seem to be little more than an easy way for a university to squeeze a few more dollars from debt-saddled graduates by selling them static-filled polyester robes and mortarboard caps.

Ridiculously dressed thus, these graduates are then sent into a lifelong battle with the “real world,” shielded only by flimsy—albeit costly—pieces of paper inside cardboard frames.

Over the

As this semester wraps up and I've taken my final major requirements, I've found myself being very reflective and nostalgic about the professors I've had. Today was the last day of classes and our senior seminar professors sent us of with a discussion about graduate school They shared their personal experiences and answered many of our questions and curiosities about life as a graduate student. Both professors have a love for education that I admire. As they answered my questions today I looked

Steven Deulus
Period 4
4-29-14
Teenagers in Love
I woke up one morning hearing my mom call to everybody in the house. She said, “everybody wake up we are going to Santa Cruz.” I asked my mom if my friend can come to Santa Cruz with us and she said yes. I called up Louy to tell him to get up and get ready. We got all ready and we were on the go. The drive was not too bad, but once we got there it was worth it.
It was a bright and sunny day, the birds chirping and k

I finally have the poster for my senior seminar research presentation up and ready to go. All of us had a sense of relief but we still have the actual presentation to live through this Thursday at 2:00 pm. We've been preparing for this moment all semester! Our presentations will occur in front of many of the professors in the writing department. I am a little anxious about it. At this point I'm fine with speaking in front of an audience because I've done it so many times during my college caree

i never knew that when i enrolled myself for CLAT coaching in 2012 after 12th standard, i enrolled for a state of negative thoughts also. i went out of my home town to pursue this coaching but i felt some kind of responsibility to crack this entrance anyhow- for my self-esteem, not to be looked upon as a failure, for my parents' hard earned money invested in this coaching.

i did not know when and how i became so negative. i always said i won't be able to make it, other guys are bette

I’m currently student teaching and on the home stretch of my college career. When I walk across that stage in May, I will be able to teach 7th through 12th graders in the area of English. My semester of student teaching is split in two; half spent in a middle school, the other in a high school. I just finished my middle school placement and I start at a high school on Monday. On my last day of middle school, my cooperating teacher had the students do a little reflecting on my time with them. Th

Today, as I carefully traversed a long icy bridge spanning the Mississippi River, I couldn't help but smile. Not an ear to ear grin nor a subtle smirk, it was the type of smile reserved for oneself. As I shifted my gaze beyond the motionless frozen river below, the familiar sight of slowely rising steam between the skyscrapers gathered my focus. There was a comfort in watching the steam float lazily skyward as it weaved through the buildings. Down streets like 1st Avenue and over landmarks like

My son’s in his first year of high school right now and it’s actually been a really tough year for him, and for all of us. In elementary school he was such a happy student. But in Grade 7 something happened. I don’t know if there were some lessons that he didn’t understand or if it had to do with something else. All I know is that around that time, it was clear that my son wasn’t enjoying school like he had before.

He began coming home with frustration all of over his face and b

I am a orangish red color leaf blowing around in the wind. As the other leaves dance in the cool September

Breeze.i lightly soar above the trees that are changing color and go where ever the wind takes me.

The season fall is a big change for me. I go from the brown color from winter to the warm coolers for fall.

Being a leaf is quite simple I float around in the sky looking at everything in the world taking a careful detail of

It , because when wint

<<Prev  2 of 31    Next>>