Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

We are told from a young age that money cannot buy happiness. To you, it doesn’t mean much. You know you will have dinner tonight. There was a hole in your backpack, but you bought a new one when it’s time had come. Your shoes have sturdy, rubber soles. Your t-shirt was retouched with bleach many a time. And you look forward to a trip out of town with your family and friends the following weekend. You’re safe. You are taken care of. You’re a comfortable, content kid.

You notice a cla

For most people, winning the lottery would be a dream come true. They could buy whatever their heart desired, and every monetary wish could become their reality. For me, winning the lottery would give me the opportunity to change the world for the better; because I believe that no amount of money in your possession, no matter how much, could buy you happiness.
When people win the lottery it opens up so many doors. They now have the chance to travel to places they have never been to before

First thing that popped up in my mind when I hear a question "What will you do if you win the lottery?" I quickly answer it: Doing more porjects to saving our environment.

You know, our environment is getting worse and worse from time to time eventhough what we hope for is the other way.
Especially when it comes to speak of plastic waste.
We all know that plastic can be harmful for our environment. But the fact is, the use of plastic in today life is getting bigger.

This is a continuation story which I wrote for the university publication. The story is about the a girl who lost his brother which i emphasized in the part 1 of this story. It tells about the situation in the country that touches the life of a Filipino.

People flocked to the nearest convenience. One man smiled his breath steaming in the morning air. As he walked past me he murmured luck like sweet nothings to the small paper in his hands. As if singing a lullaby to a small child. Soothing it. I catch some of the lyrics of his song as Walks Past "you're the winner I can feel it" I stared at him entranced by his lullaby he stared at me with eyes like steel quickly pulling the paper closer to his person as if fearing I will pluck the paper from h

"How bad?"

I asked myself amidst the warm breeze of a Friday afternoon last summer during our Ecology Camp for Philosophy 101. It was a foolish attempt knowing that the answer radiates from the severe heat accompanied by the air-murdering stains of smog that day. As our guest speaker played an informative video about the present shape of our planet, suddenly the answer became clearer. Our mother planet wasn't in a bad condition—she's dying!

On the video were various motio

A hero to me is someone who you look up to, someone that you can model yourself after. Someone who sets an example for you and someone with a good set of morals and values. My mom is this person to me. She has always been there for me, always tried to provide the best for me even in hard times. My mom as shown me right from wrong and has provided me with everything I need to succeed. She is the strongest person that I know and exhibits all the qualities of a leader and a hero. She is my role mo

Live in Indonesia where freedom of speech is legal is a good idea. Governments, private companies and individual. But even legal, if done in the wrong way or too far from the customs of the society, there are consequences.

Freedom of speech is necessary for people to channel their aspirations as a whole and not under pressure from any party. Freedom of speech in Indonesia was limited even not allowed in the "Orde Baru" or "New Order"

At that time the authoritarian leadersh

A time I was very stressed was trying out for my AAU team. well I play basketball and I didn't have a team to play with this summer so I got told by a few people to play for a certain team and that I had to contact them to get a time to tryout. I ended up going but I didn't know any kids on the team but two I had played a few kids on the team over he summer before. but when I got there I was so nervous I had no clue I would end up being the leading scorer averaging 25 points a game. my palms we

I have the freedom to speak my mind.
I have the freedom to write what I want.
I have the freedom to talk about the world.
I have the freedom to talk about the government.
I have the freedom to talk about the president.

I have the freedom to talk about my life.
I have the freedom to talk about my dreams.
I have the freedom to talk about what is bad.
I have the freedom to talk about what is good.
I have the freedom to talk about what I like.

<<Prev  2 of 37    Next>>