Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

It was well thought out & discussed, planned, even negotiated. I was getting a new hairdoo & I could hardly wait. The process began like most, with intense research. Research that included internet searches, watching television shows, & finally cutting out photos in magazines to present to my new stylist.

I felt crazy about changing my look, thinking a new cut would promote change that included weight loss, a new direction, style, sophistication & really turn heads. Out with the ol

If for some reason you decided to shadow a fifteen-year-old Walter Guillory II, you would grow accustomed to the groans from a high school junior forced to muster the strength roll out of bed at 6:00 in the morning, five days each week. I detested high school. My classmates, an inappropriately exuberant and loquacious bunch, probably thought me strange ever since I joined the high school the previous year. Admittedly, my social skills were less than extraordinary, likely due to my six years' ho

On the last day of my Ethics class junior year, my teacher made everybody say something nice about somebody else. I was never one of the “popular” kids in grade school, and while we do not really have that kind of thing at my high school and I have become much more outgoing, I am still a little reserved. Regardless, I did not expect many comments from my peers, maybe one. But to my surprise, I got three.
The first was a surprise, as it came from somebody I do not really talk to that mu

Kindergarten: Reading is my best subject. Our teacher reads Junie B. Jones to us everyday. I like to write in my journal about my vacation to Colorado and my Halloween costume. I'm debating between dressing as Laura Ingalls or Ginny Weasley.

First Grade: I read Nancy Drew books because my mom used to. A girl on the playground says they're too hard for me, but I prove her wrong.

Second Grade: I'm obsessed with Accelerated Reader, a program at our school where you earn poi

Jealousy. Bragging. Excitement. Habit. They all have one
thing in common. They are the reasons why Generation Y is so
obsessed with social media. The average person checks their
phone every six minutes for goodness sake. I won’t deny that
I just looked at my phone — not from a notification, just to
look. Maybe it’s F.O.M.O., maybe we are addicted. Either way
(or if we’ve fallen victim to both) something needs to change.
We only have five more minut

YouTube has impacted the world in more ways than one, rather than be in the realm of the LGBTQ+ community, raising awareness for a cause or just making someone laugh. YouTube has defiantly made a difference in the lives of whole communities and individuals.

My ninth grade of high school was when I first began using YouTube, at first to upload lyrics videos of my favorite songs, and then I came across a YouTuber by the name of Philip DeFranco. DeFranco’s videos were and continue to be

In high school and even my first year of college not every teach or professor taught in a way that I learned something quickly. Sometimes I would turn to YouTube to learn something that I may not have fully grasped in the classroom. All through out my years in school I was more of a hands on learner than if someone was to just explain something to me and expect me to have full understanding. When a teacher played a video or physically showed me I could learn quickly and have a handle on things.

When I was younger, my grandmother told me stories of The Greats. Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Mother Theresa – people who changed the world by changing themselves. I told myself then – I wanted to change the world. I just didn’t know how.

When I was eleven, I read a poem by Maya Angelou. Then I realised, that words could change the world. Words could make a difference. Words hurt but words worked.

In my time here, I’ve learnt how to love others with my words.

Colleagues, teachers, and family: Thank you for being here to witness this ceremony as we, the class of 2015, move on to the next phase in our lives.
High school has been preparing us for this day for four years now and the time has finally come to sink our teeth into the adult world. These past years have taught us, among many other things, to communicate with others, to work hard to reach a goal, and, overall, they have taught us the value of knowledge. It has provided us with insight

GRADUATION

Graduation is the action of receiving or conferring an academic degree or the ceremony that is sometimes associated, where students become graduates. Before the graduation, candidates are referred to as graduands. The date of graduation is often called graduation day. The graduation itself is also called commencement, convocation or invocation, though in some cases inaccurately.[1] In the United States and Canada, the

<<Prev  2 of 32    Next>>