Questions and Stories about College

Read College Stories

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that college students have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for college students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Do you have a college story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read College Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

Among all the lessons I have learnt in my 19 years on this green planet, it is hardly surprising that the most important of them was taught by a teacher. Today, I want to share this lesson with you and hope that it helps you in your life.

So this is my story. One fine day, while sitting idle in the class, Mam handed me a few notebooks which were to be distributed among the seventh grade students. I went. But my brain stayed back in the class, still idle. As a result, the notebooks e

We were only in class for fifteen minutes when I looked to my right and saw a guy sitting by the wall alone. He was your average guy: tall, nineteen, brown hair and eyes, jeans and a shirt. He was sitting alone, three chairs away from a small group of students sitting in the same row with him talking and laughing at each other. I had the aisle seat and though I should have been listening to my professor as she talked about the poverty line in the United States and what ethnicity was more likely

Brielle Clayton
IB English A1/ Hl
Mr. Helle
10 December 2014
Random Acts of Kindness: How I Received My First Job
As being a teenager in the 21st century, having a job by sixteen or seventeen is expected from you. However, finding a job is not easy. By still being in high school, you constantly get kicked to the curb by college students. I was fortunate enough to be handed a job that you normally would not see a high

Here are some advices for you to get success in this deal. Hope it will be useful!

Get a review

It is very important for every writer not to rush. You should not ask any editor to work with your manuscript until you have not reviewed it with a fresh eye. Also, you can ask for help one or even two of your objective friends or colleagues t

When you are a mostly-white, middle class, twenty-something, American college student, they tell you that the world is yours. Pumped full of my own propaganda, I fully subscribed to the belief that I was not only going to change the world. but that I was destined to change the world. It practically owed me. It did not.

Yes, I worked hard in school. But did that merit special money, special classes, special room and board? Should performing to the standard ever

At a young age, my parents influenced me to keep my mind open to trying new things. I learned that most of the food to try will almost certainly taste good. My grandmother was born in Spain, and my mother was raised in Washington DC. My father lived in Puerto Rico for a portion of his childhood, although his parents were from Italy. With a diversity of cultures affecting my life, I was exposed to a variety of culture foods.
My grandmother is very old now, but I remember what she used to

Food For Thought: GMO’s Across America
Food is an essential to everyday life for everyone. It comes in various ways and can be consumed in thousands of different ways. In contrast, not everyone knows exactly what they are eating. Labels are deceiving and reflect a false perception on food we eat each day.
Genetically modified foods are being seen all over the country. It is becoming an epidemic yet millions are completely unware they even exist. They are not natural and can even be

Hello everyone my name is Tashana Allen. I am 19 years old. I enjoy writing poetry. I think I express myself best through what I write. I would definitely say poetry is everything to me. I also enjoy playing soccer, traveling and helping others ( especially elders) as a little girl growing up I had a special bond with my grandmother and I believe there is so much she has done for me that I can never repay her for so I feel content whenever I help an old person. I grew up in a suburban communi

I remember getting excited from receiving mail, but not just any mail. I received invitations to go to pageant contests, to go to my country’s capital or other countries like China and Germany for youth conferences or cultural immersion opportunities, to participate in things that I couldn’t even imagine participating in. But, because money was tight in my household, these opportunities were disregarded.

I understood how difficult it was for my parents to deny me this kind of exposur

One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this.
~ Miguel de Cervantes

Sixth grade. Lunch time. A bunch of sophomoric adolescents huddled together at a lunch table, about to begin a game of Bloody Knuckles. A quarter is spun, and a player is supposed to scoop the spinning quarter between two fingers. If the player fails to catch the quarter, then he must place his knuckles

<<Prev  2 of 33    Next>>