Getting back in shape!

seamstressofwords
Rugby is starting soon (next week) and I've been going back to the gym trying to get back in shape so the first week of practice isn't as bad as it could be for me.

The one thing I hate to do most is running, and even though I'm a forward and it's not expected of me to be the best runner, I still gotta run with the rest of the team during practices. I've been trying to make running fun, or even just bearable for me. I mainly do this by making up little games in my head, or telling myself I can walk after I hit a certain point but when I reach that point I make another.

Music often ends up being the biggest help to me so I try to find songs that pump me up and get me to want to run. I found a little jewel the other day, Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff." It's a great pump up song, and I want to run to it. It just makes me feel like I can do anything. Now, it's a "harder" song so to speak, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I figured I share anyways.
Comment by Justina

Haha, thank you for the motivational song recommendation! Good luck playing rugby! :)
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:24:57 AM