My Thoughts on Newtown: Why?

kreyn433
Why is the world such a horrific place sometimes? From the destruction of natural habitats to the pollution that causes it. Even the tragedy of a hit and run occurrence. Nothing however, could be more disgusting than the murder of many young children just days before Christmas. At the age of five, the only thing I was worried about was not being able to have a play date after school. Not one child was thinking about that when their entire school had to go into lockdown. They just wanted to make it out alive. Why would anyone think of doing such a thing? And how could someone just let any one person posses a gun? Although gun possession is very important and part of the ten amendments, more in depth background checks on the buyer should help in a multiple of ways. It will help to make sure the gun doe not fall into the wrong person’s hands. Sadly, as terrible as this sounds, we cannot get rid of the people that have a passion for killing. Tragedies like this will happen throughout the years and we can only help minimize the situations, we cannot fully prevent them. Also, we cannot diminish gun use in the United States. Some people believe that having a gun protects them and they need it for self-defense. Others like to use guns to go hunting. The world is not perfect, nor will it ever be. We have to make a law that everyone can agree too, while possibly lowering the rate of criminal shootings.
Comment by Justina

Yes, the world can be scary and unfair sometimes. And the media loves to publicize stories like that. But there's some good in the world, too, and there is also beauty. Please don't forget that.
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:45:25 AM