Keep Calm and Eat Chocolate

nellyfloyd
All across my dorm there are Keep Calm posters.
Keep Calm it's 2013.

Keep Calm and read the bible.

Keep Calm and press Cntr-Alt-Dele.

Keep Calm and take a nap.

Keep Calm and Smile Smile Smile.

Keep Calm and Dance.

Keep Calm and the Lord will fight for you.

Keep Calm and Hakuna Matata.

As you see I could keep going on and on (they did post a lot of posters.) Today for the first time in my life I go pulled over by a cop when I was driving to the Caf to get diner. I go pulled over because I-in her words-did not come to a complete stop at a stop sign. I am not typing this to complain, you know the usual, whyyyyy meeee???
No. I am here as a type of journaling therapy. I am calm now but I was pretty upset when she pulled me over. Yes I have had a young driving career but I was hoping that my driving record would be spotless...my whole life.
Right after that happened I called my mom and she said in a nut shell everyone gets a ticket, calm down.
After I hung up with my mom, I kind of sat back in my chair and thought. Yes, at times I can kind of "overact" when it comes to the smallest things. When something happens to me that is unexpected (which happens in life) I need to keep calm and not let the little stuff bother me.

Just in case I will have some chocolate handy. You can never go wrong with chocolate.