My Favorite Book The Fault In Our Stars

sophiaruth92
To say that The Fault in Our Stars by John Green changed me is an understatement. I have never been so moved by a work as I was while reading this book. Being a Creative Writing major myself I found John Green’s rhetoric brilliant. Reading The Fault in Our Stars as well as his other works showed me that this was exactly what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I knew from the first page to far past the last page that I wanted to write a novel that evoked this much emotion from the reader. I wanted to craft a book where people grew with the characters just as I had grown with Hazel Grace. I think the power of John Green’s novel to play with people’s emotions is a great example of his mastermind skills of the human mind. I want to one day be an author that brings a tear to someone’s eye, brings a smile to their face and brings a longing to their mind. The fact that a stranger can have complete control over another person’s emotions fascinates me. Had I not read The Fault in Our Stars I would not be who I am today. I would have the same fiery passion to be an author as I do. I would be as fascinated with human emotion and I would not be nearly as inspired. Without the emotional connection to a book, as John Green provided, you lose the thrill of reading. You lose the rush of becoming the character as you flip each page waiting for your own fate to play out. I want to write my reader’s fate, just as John Green showed me.