My Favorite Book: Captive of my Desires by Johanna Lindsey changed my life forever.

Jokergurl
After the first suicide attempt, my dream was to be an actress. Thank you Jack Nicholson for saving my life, but acting wasn't my forte. Because of the life-saving Batman obsession, my next idea was comic book writing. My comic book work is very good but being let down by the big comic book companies is a swirl into deep depression.

All my life I've read books, and most called me a bookworm. Instead of outside playing, I would be inside reading a book. I now have read and love the entire Harry Potter and Twilight series, and my bookshelves are starting to overflow. It wasn't until my mother picked up a book at a book sale, that really changed my life. I looked down at the title, Captive of My Desires. I've read romance novels before, but nothing tore at my heartstrings more than this book. After I was done reading it, I had to read more and more. I read it over and over again until I bought the entire Malory series. Lindsey's book inspired me to be a historical romance writer. Currently, I have two historical romance novel ideas. This book brought me out of a deep depression and inspired me to start writing again. An avid writer once again, I hope to live up to the same legacy that novel held for me, and bring romantic joy to another's life.
Comment by SOFLarchive

Good essay. I read the Harry Potter and Twilight series too. I like Jack Nicholson. He's one of the best actors of Hollywood. I'm glad you're ok now.
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2012 7:05:33 AM
Comment by Justina

I hope that you're starting to write out your historical romance novels! If you haven't, then you should consider writing it this month (November) because it's National Writing Month. :)
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2012 2:17:11 PM