My Favorite TV Show: Glee: Teaching Life Lessons Since 2009

Lilypad
It’s Thursday night, my homework is finished, we have eaten dinner, and now it’s time to relax. My little sister and I rush to the TV and stare at the clock, waiting for it to finally hit 9:00. I have loved watching Glee since it first aired in 2009. The intense drama (that is so easily accessible), the fun and catchy show tunes, and the lovable characters all roped me in at the very beginning. Though Glee, at times is extremely far fetched and often just plain ridiculous in its story, it never ceases to present some underlying theme, or at the very least, entertain its audience. Being in high school, Glee is one of the only shows that can accurately portray the typical high school experience. Whether you are a hard-working, hopeful teen with everything, especially academics working against you, or the ambitious girl with huge dreams and a myriad of insecurities, or even the sweet, thoughtful, homosexual who is forced to deal with the hatred and intolerance that runs rampant through teenagers, you can find someone to relate to and understand in this TV show. Glee provides each teen with a role model. While each character serves a different purpose to today’s society, these characters are not perfect. When I think about it, that may be why they are so influential. They can make silly, thoughtless mistakes, accidentally get pregnant because of raging hormones, or even change themselves completely just to fit into the typical crowd. These are all things that can easily happen to any, real life teenager, which is why I believe Glee does such an amazing job at showing kids how to behave, what mistakes not to make, and if the mistakes are made, how to overcome the challenges the mistakes present. Glee is able to accomplish all of these important tasks as well as keep the story entertaining, exciting, and filled with wonderful covers of classic songs, and even some catchy originals. Glee addresses nearly every challenge a teenager will have to face in their vital formative years, whether it’s being true to yourself, working hard to achieve a goal, or learning to respect and listen to the important advice from parents, Glee shows you how it’s done. Glee is a fun, entertaining, and informative way to learn the ins and outs of early life.
Comment by rgzarate

I have watched this show a couple of times and it's pretty cool. i like how they sing all the time, i mean it is kind of funny but it's cool how they make it their own, like they sing with their own styles they don't exactly copy the person that sang it before. i remember watching the one that was kind of like a remake of dreamgirls, and it was pretty awesome. But yeah i think this show is a good one, and it also teaches lessons.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:29:12 PM