My favorite TV show: The many events of One Tree Hill that never fails to inspire

Tiffyt3e
Although I am of ambitious nature, I find myself completely indulged in the main manipulating source of society, the television.

As I watch, my brain notices the complexity of every single scene in a show and forces me to realize the mind set my mind has and it’s the reason why I like it so much.

The music that they chose, the facial expressions and hand gestures of the actors and actresses, the camera angles, the location, costumes, make-up, even down to the volume of the sound effects and the placement of items… it all enthralls me.

I believe the fact that there is so many reasons why one little thing in every single moment means so much and the fact that I, a mere person that doesn’t quite believe she is significant in the world, can analyze all of this, is why I cannot turn away from a show.

Television shows make me, and I believe a large portion of the world, feel special. The moments that we can relate to something or someone boosts our self confidence. It also feeds the yearning we have for knowledge and when we envision ourselves in the event that is shown to us, we learn more about who we are and what we are most likely to do in that situation. I think it is part of human nature to want to be something more than the way we are, or to at least experience another way our lives could have turned out. And in a virtual way, television allows us to do just that.

One Tree Hill is able to demonstrate so many different messages through so many different perspectives and therefore, it’s my favorite.

The message I remember the most is when Julian Baker, a film director, is talking to his wife, Brooke Davis, as he is watching a documentary he made about happiness and life itself. The camera panels to his enlightened face and he talks about how people think that they are going to reach happiness by buying a new item or being successful, but happiness isn’t a destination. It is an emotion like being tired or hungry so it comes and goes. We should therefore be grateful for the moments we are happy because it will eventually fade.

This is a simple idea, but up until the day I watched that scene, it didn’t quite go through my head that it’s the truth. Even though TV can sometimes make a person stupid or bad, I think we need a little bit of it in our lives. It’s the simplest way to learn about life and I think in each and everyone of us, there’s a part searching for the truth.

Overall, One Tree Hill is my favorite show because it includes so many different events that gets me learning about myself and I just can’t look away because it’s human nature to want to know more.

Comment by babiistarr13

I agree that it is a part of human nature to want to know more about a situation. Also that television plays out roles that help open our eyes to different things and all the what ifs in different scenarios. Also help us to know what decisions to make and the possible outcomes.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:19:18 PM
Comment by Nate DeRose

Congratulations! You’ve been selected a semi-finalist for the February writing contest: "Why Can't I Stop Watching My Favorite TV Show?"

Don’t forget to share your story and show your accomplishment on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media!

Thanks for submitting and we look forward to your future submissions.
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:13:50 PM