STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite TV show: The Carrie Diaries Becomes My Second First Kiss

idreamy
The mere definition of a totally awesome TV show is the show itself, “The Carrie Diaries.” Many girls like me dream of becoming a princess, marrying a prince, living in royalty, and having nothing but royal balls to worry about in their lifetimes. However, “The Carrie Diaries” present a new kind of ideal: learning how to deal with “growing up” while having fun. Simple words cannot explain how unutterably breathtaking the characters are.

Set in the 80s, the story revolves around an amazingly down-to-earth, fashionable young lady Carrie Bradshaw, who just lost her mother to cancer. This undoubtedly stirs up the audience’s feelings of awe and admiration for her. While trying her best to cope with such a loss, Carrie attempts to take on the role of a responsible older sister for her father and little sister. However, that’s not the real good part of the story. Carrie unknowingly falls into the pool of love, for the new kid Sebastian Kydd and for the thrilling new first-time experiences in the city of Manhattan.

Cheesy love lines is how you would describe Sebastian Kydd. Don’t get me wrong because he is not your average pick up line. He can be one of those useless popular guys, or he can surprise you with conversations like this from episode two of the first season:
“I get it, you wanna escape.” Carrie said.
“But not when I’m with you.” Sebastian replied.
And there goes my happy scream. That’s right, I sit here watching this show all hour long every Monday of the week and a guy like him is one of the typical reasons why I watch TV at all.

As if one funky teenage story isn’t enough, Carrie’s close friends including Maggie, Mouse, and Walt also have wild stories to share. Maggie and Walt are perfect for each other, except for the part where Walt is homosexual while Maggie is two-timing due to lack of affection from Walt. Mouse is dating a Stanford guy, causing her newly awaken insecurities to sadden her. Although there are ups and downs, the fact that these stereotyped immature high school students can place so much effort into friendship makes the story all the more lovable.

Whenever I flip the channel in time for “The Carrie Diaries,” I forget the ability to blink, or to think about anything other than Carrie Bradshaw, the hot guys, and unforgettable friends. All teenagers have issues, and obviously me. When these issues are placed on TV with some special ingredients added to it, those issues and scars seem to disappear during the one hour episode. Watching TV is like watching miracles happen, and hoping that maybe one day at least one of those miracles happens to us. I can’t take my eyes off the screen because I’m glued to the fantasies in my heart and psyche; it’s like I’m in love.
Rate this:
Comment by Nate DeRose

Congratulations! You’ve been selected a semi-finalist for the February writing contest: "Why Can't I Stop Watching My Favorite TV Show?"

Don’t forget to share your story and show your accomplishment on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media!

Thanks for submitting and we look forward to your future submissions.
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:58:14 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy