My favorite TV show: A show despised by much of the world

StripeLife1
Just imagine that you are walking through a town where everyone is treated nicely. To the people, it doesn’t matter what color you are, or what your personality is. This is the goal for the show that I am writing about. That show is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (FIM).
Yes, I know what you must be thinking. “That is a show meant for five year old girls.” But actually three-fourths of all people who watch the show are over the age of thirteen.
To understand how this is possible, let’s look back at the history of the show. In the 1980s, My Little Pony (MLP) was made just to sell toys to young girls. Between 1980 and 2010, four generations aired and each of them got more painful to watch than the last.
As you can see, MLP through the first four attempts where epic fails. So why do people like it so much? In 2010, Lauren Faust, writer for many famous TV shows in the past, decided to try to make a show that would be bearable for parents to be able to watch with their daughters. This new show would become the show we have now, FIM.
After the first episode, the show got reviews on a website called 4chan. On 4chan, out of curiosity, people began to watch the video and many liked it.
Eventually, people who liked it who where over the age of 13 where called Bronies. A war began on 4chan over haters insulting Bronies, and Bronies where banned. Now there is a whole wall on 4chan for Bronies called “Ponies.”
Now, there are many FIM websites all over the Internet where fans post pictures with captions, fan fiction, music, etc.
But for some reason, Bronies are attacked because they like the show. They have been attacked on live TV, the Internet, and face to face. Still these brave Bronies carry on.
You may be wondering why people like it so much.
First, this show has a good message, “Love and tolerance.”
This show focuses on six main characters nicknamed by Bronies the “Mane Six.” Each of the “Mane Six” have different personalities. But despite these differences, all the characters find a way to become best friends, even though they have their shaky moments.
This show is special to me because in each of the characters, I can find at least one trait that represents part of me, such as shyness.
One other thing that makes the show good is the fact that the characters each face real problems that someone might face such as being bullied or friendly competition going over board. The only difference is the fact that they do it in a magical kingdom with mystical creatures and colorful ponies.
Now, you can see that FIM is just like any other show. Yet many Bronies are still judged for watching this show. But maybe, if we work hard, the first paragraph could become a reality in our country.