STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite TV show: Gossip Girl. Every girl's dream and every girl's nightmare

christianrolson
Gossip Girl is definitely not what one would call wholesome television. It is full of scandal, lies, and of course, gossip. Why else would it be the favorite show of girls all over. No matter how much some girls hate drama of their own; they’d love to indulge in the heartbreak and fall of others and not have to feel guilty for it! First of all, who would not want to live like the characters Blaire and Serena? They wake up every day in a upper east side pent house. Then, they put on that days outfit, probably one that has never been worn before, and will never be worn again. Next, they will eat like queens. They go on with their day, but night is when the fun happens. The characters take their limos to galas or some extravagant party wearing dresses made for them by well known designers. That is my ideal life. Following around New York socialites does not sound like the most interesting thing to watch, but the characters always have some sort of useless drama going on, and it is all documented online on a blog called Gossip Girl. One wrong move and anyone with access to the internet will know about it.
This show has brought viewers from a royal wedding to a faked death to handling multi-million dollar empires. The countless love triangles and betrayals draw in audiences. There will be no more new episodes aired. I began watching it on Netflix because my friends were all raving about it! Immediately I was hooked. Netflix is a dangerous resource. I began watching it every day and I finished the first season in one week. It was similar to reading a good book. At the end of each episode I was left wondering what was next. Although what it was putting into my mind was not the best, I still loved it. It was substantial, my guilty pleasure. I loved it, and I still do.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy