My favorite TV show: Gossip Girl. Every girl's dream and every girl's nightmare

christianrolson
Gossip Girl is definitely not what one would call wholesome television. It is full of scandal, lies, and of course, gossip. Why else would it be the favorite show of girls all over. No matter how much some girls hate drama of their own; they’d love to indulge in the heartbreak and fall of others and not have to feel guilty for it! First of all, who would not want to live like the characters Blaire and Serena? They wake up every day in a upper east side pent house. Then, they put on that days outfit, probably one that has never been worn before, and will never be worn again. Next, they will eat like queens. They go on with their day, but night is when the fun happens. The characters take their limos to galas or some extravagant party wearing dresses made for them by well known designers. That is my ideal life. Following around New York socialites does not sound like the most interesting thing to watch, but the characters always have some sort of useless drama going on, and it is all documented online on a blog called Gossip Girl. One wrong move and anyone with access to the internet will know about it.
This show has brought viewers from a royal wedding to a faked death to handling multi-million dollar empires. The countless love triangles and betrayals draw in audiences. There will be no more new episodes aired. I began watching it on Netflix because my friends were all raving about it! Immediately I was hooked. Netflix is a dangerous resource. I began watching it every day and I finished the first season in one week. It was similar to reading a good book. At the end of each episode I was left wondering what was next. Although what it was putting into my mind was not the best, I still loved it. It was substantial, my guilty pleasure. I loved it, and I still do.