STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite TV show: Greys Anatomy lets me leave the world I live in

curraghkeys88
Why do people watch T.V? For me, I know that it is a place to get rid of my problems. For others it is a time where they can calm down, and forget about the stress of everyday life. It is a known fact that T.V is bad for people. By watching T.V people become lazy and lose time they could be using to exercise. Yet people still choose to watch. I think they watch because by sitting down in front of the Television, they are forced to relax, calm down and take a good look at what is happening in their own life.
Imagine walking past something and being submerged in a whole new life. You have the chance to leave all your problems behind and just have an hour of peace. In just a few minutes, a new world could start and you could be enthralled in it. By the simple click of a remote, you can be taken away from the complicated world you live in. Wouldn't you choose to sit down and watch?
Grey's Anatomy is my bliss. Every Thursday night at 9 I am taken away from the world in which I live and taken to a world where everything is different. Though drama happens in my everyday life, the drama in Grey's Anatomy reminds me of how easy I have it. It becomes a sort of vantage point in which I can look at my problems and the problems in Grey's Anatomy to see that everything will be okay. If the characters on T.V can get through their problems, so can I.
Grey's Anatomy is also a common point of conversation. Many of the people in my school watch Grey's Anatomy. Every Friday morning, I walk up to my friends and ask them if they saw the latest drama unfold on our favorite show. We babble on and on with it and later find that hours have past. Grey's Anatomy is a common interest among my friends.
T.V, according to doctors, is not a good thing. According to me though, T.V is healthy. T.V revives the soul. It rejuvenates a person by giving them "me time". Everyone has a different way in which they get their "me time" but for most people, it is television that helps them calm down and relieve stress. Grey's Anatomy is my relief, what's yours?
Rate this:
Comment by SOFLarchive

My relief is American Idol & other shows. I like your essay. Never watched Grey's Anatomy, but my mom loves it.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:35:36 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy