My favorite TV show: Greys Anatomy lets me leave the world I live in

curraghkeys88
Why do people watch T.V? For me, I know that it is a place to get rid of my problems. For others it is a time where they can calm down, and forget about the stress of everyday life. It is a known fact that T.V is bad for people. By watching T.V people become lazy and lose time they could be using to exercise. Yet people still choose to watch. I think they watch because by sitting down in front of the Television, they are forced to relax, calm down and take a good look at what is happening in their own life.
Imagine walking past something and being submerged in a whole new life. You have the chance to leave all your problems behind and just have an hour of peace. In just a few minutes, a new world could start and you could be enthralled in it. By the simple click of a remote, you can be taken away from the complicated world you live in. Wouldn't you choose to sit down and watch?
Grey's Anatomy is my bliss. Every Thursday night at 9 I am taken away from the world in which I live and taken to a world where everything is different. Though drama happens in my everyday life, the drama in Grey's Anatomy reminds me of how easy I have it. It becomes a sort of vantage point in which I can look at my problems and the problems in Grey's Anatomy to see that everything will be okay. If the characters on T.V can get through their problems, so can I.
Grey's Anatomy is also a common point of conversation. Many of the people in my school watch Grey's Anatomy. Every Friday morning, I walk up to my friends and ask them if they saw the latest drama unfold on our favorite show. We babble on and on with it and later find that hours have past. Grey's Anatomy is a common interest among my friends.
T.V, according to doctors, is not a good thing. According to me though, T.V is healthy. T.V revives the soul. It rejuvenates a person by giving them "me time". Everyone has a different way in which they get their "me time" but for most people, it is television that helps them calm down and relieve stress. Grey's Anatomy is my relief, what's yours?
Comment by SOFLarchive

My relief is American Idol & other shows. I like your essay. Never watched Grey's Anatomy, but my mom loves it.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:35:36 AM