I'm expected to be the most perfectly perfect perfectionist in the world. In my life, second place isn't an option. In my world second place just means that I was the first person to lose. I have to strive everyday to meet firmly expressed expectations. If I don't meet the expectations, I have an emptiness inside of me. I think wanting to be perfect is my subconscious way of gaing the control I lacked at a younger age. The thing is, once I've perfected everything I still feel empty inside.My perfectionist attitude is absolutely depressing. I have to project an excessive amount of effort in everything I do because I'm expected to succeed. The truth is, underneath all the perfection, I HAVE NO CLUE WHO I AM...
Comment by 11008024

Perfection is the on thing that i had held on to of the longest time in my life and this keeps me motived from the past. This could mean so many thing my your life so keep in the safes place of all. The my perfection i haven't show it in the school that i am in now.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:33:07 PM
Comment by Lanilynn99

Always coming in second can be a terrible feeling. Just remember all you can do is your best. If you can put aside what others think, and focus on what you think of yourself (I know that's pretty cliché advise, but it's true) then you'll not only be happier with yourself, but you'll be thrilled even when you come in second!

I'll be praying for you, God bless! :)
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 5:10:05 AM

About StageofLife.comAbout Us: is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month. is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.