My Favorite TV Show: Supernatural

Daisuchi
I have always been fascinated by the paranormal unknown. Mythology, magic, ghosts, and demons have all always piqued my interest. Stories and myths depicting entities on earth but not of earth have both captivated and terrified me. Personally, I would like to believe that such beings exist but my logic tells me otherwise. Thus, I turn towards Hollywood to sate my appetite, mainly the TV show Supernatural. Supernatural tells the story of two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, on their unique quest: to rid the world of evil supernatural beings. The two combat vile creatures sent from Heaven and Hell alike in their effort to save the world. The writers weave together suspenseful action and comic relief with touching family moments and companionship to deliver an unique show.

The main writer, Eric Kripke, forges a world of demons, corrupt gods, angels, and ghosts. He implements common mythology and stories into Supernatural where he then manipulates them to create a suspenseful, shocking, and satisfying story. From fairy tales such as the Tooth Fairy and Bloody Mary to grander pieces like Greek and Egyptian mythology, and the Christian Bible. Kripke skillfully strings together one extravagant story using countless others dating back from ancient times to present.

The magnificent writing is greatly complemented by the two main stars. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki deliver electrifying performances onscreen. The chemistry between the two would make one think they were actual brothers because of the near perfect synergy displayed. The two stars do not hold back in the heartfelt and touching scenes that frequently appear, nor in the suspenseful scenes that help define the show.

Supernatural grants me the opportunity to let my imagination relax and enjoy an excellent TV show. It allows me to view tales and myths, that have long mesmerized me, in an unique fashion. It leaves me on the edge of my seat holding my breath, watching Jensen and Jared play out the episodes perfectly. And it enthralls me with its masterful writing. Supernatural is truly a masterpiece that I have and will always enjoy.