STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite TV Show: Downton Abbey Has Me Down On The Couch

Julie
I do not like to watch TV that much, yes I watch it though, a lot even, but I don’t enjoy it as much as I do other things. Like reading on my bed with a small blanket, left alone to myself. But for one show, I’ll turn off my book light, rush out of my room five minutes prior and set myself down on the couch, all for Downton Abbey. The show takes place in the early 20th century, my favorite decades. Ask me anything about the 1920s and I’ll release information from anything to Al Capone to all your silent film stars, but my knowledge exists only in America, so this show also, to some extent expands my historical knowledge. I relish the thoughts, of what life may have been like during the decades before my birth. Downton Abbey shows what it may have been like for an upper class British family foundering into dilemmas from social status, to management from a mansion they own in the upper estate. One always has their preferences and perhaps mine may be labeled under bland entertainment. All the 1,000+ page books I read focusing around historical life and conflicts, to the shows that exclude anything dealing with fantasy, science fiction, to not real life circumstances. I explain my genre of interest under “books or shows dealing with the complex lines between family members and their acquaintances.” And what is unusually is that even people, who fall for shows with fantasizing themes or inexplicable circumstances, cherish the quaint show of Downton Abbey that still draws watchers every week. The show relates what people may have faced in Britain during the World War (Then known as the War to end all worlds, with knowledgeable advances in time, the 1940’s brought World War II) the flu epidemic, and whatever faces the Crawley family members. The family members that make you want to tear off your head and bulge out your eyes before they do something you know will ruin something or someone. The mixture of all these things makes my favorite kind of television entertainment. Sunday, most everybody’s stressful day, and myself as well, has made itself a day I can’t wait for. How this show reigns as my favorite show, it does not count to my favorite way of spending time, nor my favorite all time TV experience, because many movies do take the first place in overall entertainment, and most definably will never take the place of reading remarkable books my authors like Tolstoy and Samuel Richardson. But for now Downton Abbey has me on the couch, every week. Applaud to Downton.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy