My favorite TV show: If I could see into the future I could have escaped sexual and physical abuse, “That’s So Raven”.

student1
I have wished for many years that I could have the ability to see into the future and alter or stop things that may or may not happen to me. In this case, I could have had the opportunity to escape sexual and physical abuse. If I would have seen what my father was going to do to me I could have got out of the house, ran, found somewhere safe to go. If I could have seen that my own girlfriend, Uncle, and complete strangers were going to take advantage of me and strip me of my innocence, I would have left, always had people with me, and watched for strange behavior or signs that it was coming. I could have saved myself a lot of hurt and pain; I could also help others that they may try to hurt.

Life is full of unknowns and it can be quite scary. For me this is very true. I find myself asking questions like, “Am I going to wake up in the morning, Will I be taken advantage of again, What’s going to happen to me 5 minutes from now”? Etc. Again, if I could see into the future I could answer these questions and also alter the situation so I don’t get hurt again and I can save myself or others from harms way.

It is a very difficult thing when something such as sexual and physical abuse occurs. It is mindboggling and brings more questions and statements that are hard to answer and grasp. My question and statement was, “Why did this happen to me?” and I didn’t see it coming. Again if I could see into the future I could have seen it coming and stopped it and I could have figured out why it was going to happen.

The future is a very tricky thing. We can plan and prepare all we want but no one knows what’s truly going to happen. It may be upsetting as it is to me but, we just got to deal with it and take things as they come and as they happen and do our best not to put ourselves in situations where our future may have some unfortunate events brewing.

I am quite jealous of Raven. I wish that I had the ability and gift she did however it is a TV show and with every positive soon comes a negative.